• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The United States of America formally recognises Republic of Haiti as an independent nation. Any embargoes previously enacted by an American government against Haiti are to be immediately withdrawn and relations normalised. I look forward to a bright future for our nations.

Last edited:
His Majesty's Government is willing to purchase all small Spanish islands in the Pacific.​

OOC: Just checked the map... I miss my orange ; _ ;

Also, Mongolia is now played? Why did I not see this before?

Portugal Information is now up.

OOC: Thanks. Do I have any colonies left? Also I thought I have become uber rich by selling colonies. :D

OOC: So, even Portugal has better naval tech than me... I am depressed...

The Kingdom of Spain announces the intention of selling small islands in the Pacific. We are accepting bids.

OOC: we have a small and efficient navy. I think it's more costly to upgrade big navy.

OOC: Thanks. Do I have any colonies left? Also I thought I have become uber rich by selling colonies. :D

OOC: we have a small and efficient navy. I think it's more costly to upgrade big navy.

You have one small slice of Afrika left, and the Islands off the coast of Africa.

OOC: To my knowledge, Portugal did not have any kind of Ironclads during the period (which is what I take Naval Tech 7 to mean, early Ironclads).

I'll improve this post and put it on the OP when I can.

1-3: Wooden Sailing Ships
4-6: Wooden Steam Ships
7-10: Early Ironclads
11-16: Ironclads
17 -20: Advanced Ironclads
21-26: Early Cruisers
27-30: Cruisers
31-36: Early Dreadnoughts
37-45: Dreadnoughts
46-50: Early Battleships
51-60: Battleships
60-70: Aircraft Carriers
70-100: Modern Navies
100+: TBD

OOC: To be fair to everyone involved, and so that I can get a better offer, I will wait two days or until GM says update is inbound to decide. Offers will be publicized shortly, as the idea is to run an auction, rather than sell them dirt cheap to the first buyer, as Portugal did.

By the way, if Portugal did not get the money yet, as it hasn't been processed, it means that the Portuguese player can still cancel them, right?

OOC: Offers so far:

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
Colombia : 80 gold

Offers for Palau
Ottoman Empire : 30 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
CSA : Interested
UK : Interested
USA : Interested
Germany : Interested

Did I forget anyone?

PS: Funny how the update said "The Spanish Empire manages to over extend their troops in the Philippine Garrison just a little more, and successfully establishes its colonial dominance over an abundance of new islands in the South Pacific." and yet all I get is two islands... :(

Last edited:
OOC: in character type of explaination: No, the deal is done, it just takes the turn for it to be processed (ie it takes time for such deals to be carried out). Game logic: It only shows up end of turn so Fry doesn't have to update the stats each time our governments sign a treaty or do something... (it's why stat changes from mini updates are realized until the end of turn).

OOC: Post edited. Morrell, please clear your inbox if you want a reply.

The Kingdom of Spain would like to clarify that we will demand, upon the sale of the islands, a written guarantee that any Spanish civilians in the islands will not be harmed in any way, and will have their rights respected.

Last edited:
OOC. Just because you can fool the Portuguese NPC into selling colonies dirt cheap...

OOC: Fool? I offered only 25 gold less than the combined individual asking price proposed by the Portuguese for the package. IMHO Guam is only worth, at most, something around the Colombian offer.
And I don't take kindly to suppositions that I am a swindler, neither do most I suspect. ;)
Also, it's bad etiquette to posts other's PMs without permission or authorization.

Last edited: