• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
His Majesty's Government accepts the French response, and urges the Kingdoms of Italy and Spain to sign the original document.​

OOC: Can we please get this nailed down so I can send my turn orders in?

OOC: Hey my country already signed a harsh treaty. If you expect me to sign a new treaty all but reducing France to a vassal of your 4 nations you are crazy. :D

OOC: Well yes. Seeing as I really don't think signing a peace treaty then immediately attacking someone would go down well.

The people of France are outraged at this new attempt. We negotiated in good faith, agreed to terms and then just to make the Italians feel better about themselves we must hand over yet more land and Spain gets to freely destroy Catalonia without following the course set forth in the actual treaty. Germany and the UK signed a treaty to make peace with us and accord us certain privileges and lands. This is a farce and in no way will we sign a modified treaty to start the process of making slaves out of the French people. All the citizens in Catalonia and France should be furious over this outrage.

If a choice is forced upon a people to accept near-slavery, extermination of their state or be forced to defend their homelands the choice is clear. We signed a treaty with the Germans and the British Empire. What is trying to be forced upon the French and Catalonian(?) people by the governments of Spain and Italy is that very choice. As an echo of a brave man in recent past we call upon these very threatened people to make that choice with the words "Give me Liberty or Give me death." If the real treaty will not be signed by Spain and Italy you are forcing people to make this choice.

We are outraged at how the French dare to insult us. We wanted to cease hostilities, and discuss a treaty that repairs the damage done to Spain, and you would have us agree to a treaty, of which you have the fall to call "real", where it is Spain that is forced to cede to France, despite Spain having been an important party to win the war and force the concessions given to our allies? Catalonia is an indivisible part of Spain. You will have to kill all the Spanish in order to pry it from us. The Catalans, who you claim to be freeing, are currently being repressed by French forces, ruled under military government, and looted by french soldiers, just like their predecessors in your predecessor Napoleon I's army. The Catalans do not want to become French puppets, and the entire Spanish people will rise up to defend them, as we stand here, brothers united against French tyranny, even if our allies desert us, we will not accept dictates from Paris.

I hereby declare the ceasefire null and void and mobilize the Spanish people to war for the liberation of nuestros hermanos in Catalonia.

We do not seek, as the Despot is saying, to enslave the French people. We would rather free the French from their despotic government, who has dragged them into a disastrous war. We do not seek to exterminate the French State, but we would see with good eyes the French people taking it upon themselves, as they are the only ones who can, to forcefully reform their government into a civilized and liberal form of government, and burying absolutism as the historical relic it is.

OOC: Italy, what were you promised? I would be wary of British promises...

Under the treaty the rest of the nations have signed Catalonia is to be a free nation. France is not to have any control or special privileges there. You are the ones destroying peace and eliminating their freedom. So are the British and Germans now to support peace or will you sit by and let a nation the treaty is forming be wiped out? We want peace and care not how you divide up the ships and money we are to turn over but Spain is about to be in violation of the treaty we all signed.

OOC: So I guess I need war orders to be able give them and to actually know what armies I have to fight with, and any ships I have currently. I was hoping to not make my first turn one I am fighting for my life in. :eek:o

Under the treaty the rest of the nations have signed Catalonia is to be a free nation. France is not to have any control or special privileges there. You are the ones destroying peace and eliminating their freedom. So are the British and Germans now to support peace or will you sit by and let a nation the treaty is forming be wiped out? We want peace and care not how you divide up the ships and money we are to turn over but Spain is about to be in violation of the treaty we all signed.

OOC: So I guess I need war orders to be able give them and to actually know what armies I have to fight with, and any ships I have currently. I was hoping to not make my first turn one I am fighting for my life in. :eek:o

OOC: It's in your hands. I don't get any pleasure from this war, but you might find your situation quite delicate if you choose to proceed with war, regardless of how you justify it to your people.

OOC: It's in your hands. I don't get any pleasure from this war, but you might find your situation quite delicate if you choose to proceed with war, regardless of how you justify it to your people.
OOC: Actually no it is all in your hands. I signed the treaty and you will have to violate what the rest of us signed and attack. As I said IC. :ninja:

His Majesty's Government does not wish to see Europe descend into war again, and urges the Spanish to sign the Treaty.​

OOC: Fighting for your life is an overestimate. The Spanish army at this time was worse even than the Russian one. Given you don't make too many slip ups, you should be able to comfortably beat them.

reis, I kept every promise I made to you. That is to say, I never made any. Although I must admit, the beautiful correlation my warnings before the conflict bear to the outcome of the conflict is something quite amusing.

OOC: Playing to the crowd! Spain is already trying to force an alteration of the deal, are we to just pray they don't alter it further? :D

OOC: Actually no it is all in your hands. I signed the treaty and you will have to violate what the rest of us signed and attack. As I said IC. :ninja:

OOC: I can't violate what I have not agreed to. Unless I've been reduced to satellite of the UK without noticing. We want a deal. So far, there is no deal at all between Spain and France. We have not cooperated in the drafting of the previous deal proposed by UK and Germany, and we were not even informed of it before it was sent to France. We do not seek to alter any deal, as we haven't signed any deal.

OOC: I can't violate what I have not agreed to. Unless I've been reduced to satellite of the UK without noticing. We want a deal. So far, there is no deal at all between Spain and France. We have not cooperated in the drafting of the previous deal proposed by UK and Germany, and we were not even informed of it before it was sent to France. We do not seek to alter any deal, as we haven't signed any deal.
OOC: If you see it differently try to spin it IC. We both know our ooc views. Especially as we are pming ooc atm also. ;)

His Majesty's Government does not wish to see Europe descend into war again, and urges the Spanish to sign the Treaty.​

OOC: Fighting for your life is an overestimate. The Spanish army at this time was worse even than the Russian one. Given you don't make too many slip ups, you should be able to comfortably beat them.

reis, I kept every promise I made to you. That is to say, I never made any. Although I must admit, the beautiful correlation my warnings before the conflict bear to the outcome of the conflict is something quite amusing.

OOC: The Spanish Army wasn't at it's finest, but with some creative tactics I can make my foes bleed. I don't have to take Paris to win this war anyway, a Commune or something might do it for me.

PS: Not as amusing as that nuclear device which would go off if other nuclear devices were used in BoP...

OOC: I have to admit, I was pretty much laughing all the way through that whole Doomsday thing. Damn funny to watch you guys react to it.

OOC: We are going to be delayed further then because I cannot give any orders pertaining to war until I actually know what I have to fight with. :eek:o

The Kingdom of Spain wishes to negotiate a peace deal with France, seeing that so far there have not been any negotiations between the Kingdom of Spain and France.

We propose:

1) France will cede Algeria to the Kingdom of Spain
2) France will pay 500£ to the Kingdom of Spain, to repair the damage and loss of life provoked by the French forces.
3) France will cede two of the newer big ships to the Kingdom of Spain, to be christened with the name of Infanta Isabel, and of her husband.
4) Infanta Isabel, second in line to the Spanish throne, will marry with a French noble, to cement the state of peace between our two nations.

to repair the damage and loss of life provoked by the French forces.

OOC: o.0

The memory of Lincoln must be damaged due to repeated suicide attempts. He could have sworn that it was the Spanish that first attacked the French.

The Kingdom of Spain wishes to negotiate a peace deal with France, seeing that so far there have not been any negotiations between the Kingdom of Spain and France.

We propose:

1) France will cede Algeria to the Kingdom of Spain
2) France will pay 500£ to the Kingdom of Spain, to repair the damage and loss of life provoked by the French forces.
3) France will cede two of the newer big ships to the Kingdom of Spain.
4) Infanta Isabel, second in line to the Spanish throne, will marry with a French noble, to cement the state of peace between our two nations.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

I advice Spanish monarch to shoot diplomat responsible for writing this absurd peace treaty, that have done nothing, but made Your Higness look ridiculous in eyes of your peers.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.