• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
800px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

Estados Unidos Mexicanos

The United Mexican States would like to affirm to our Northern neighbor, the United States of America, that we still fully recognize the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, and that there is currently a Rebellion in the United States, one that Mexico shall not attempt to take advantage of my conquering sections of our former land occupied by rebel forces.

Spain fully endorses CSA's right to secede the Union, as a Union should be a voluntary arrangement, rather than an imposition on it's members. There is huge inequality between development in the South and in the North, because the wealth is siphoned to investments in Northern States over Southern ones. We believe that the CSA is not well served by such an union and thus has the right to leave it, if their people agrees.

To those that would call us hypocrites, due to the status of Catalonia, we note that we are not an Union, that Catalonia is one of the most developed regions in Spain, and that they have a series of autonomic statutes that make it a balanced deal for inclusion in my beloved country.

Lastly, we seek to develop closer ties with the nations of South America.

OOC: We also note we got the fourth greatest fleet in the world.

Last edited:
Mostly left-overs from the Napoleonic era, as Spain is suffering from their Post-Empire identity crisis at the moment.

OOC: I ask the same about the mess involving the Confederation and Buenos Aires.

Yes. You are both in the historic conditions your countries were in 1861.

OOC: Thanks, I actually hadn't even looked at the sats post to see that I was already listed as the Confederation xD
So right now de Mosquera has control of the capital, forming the United States of Colombia, and is ruthlessly hunting down my forces?

scaled.php

The Kingdom of Italy is horrified to hear the nations of Europe rush to support a nation of slave owners and traitors. We would like to to give what ever support possible to the United States.

Prussia.jpg

The Kingdom of Prussia is readying itself for a new era, a new glorious age for the German people and her allies. We shall do our utmost to bring the German peoples together and begin a new era of prosperity. We are open to trade with all nations. We currently have no stance on the civil war in North America.

images

The government of the USA greatly appreciates the words of Denmark, and is disheartened by the Dutch and French.The raising of a volunteer army is only in response to our men being fired upon, and should not be seen as an aggressive act. With his in mind, I maintain that we see the Southern states as rightfully part of the USA, and military aid to the CSA will be seen as an act of aggression towards the USA.

OOC: Damnit I knew the USA was a bad call.

The Dutch government believes that all peoples have a right to life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness and that includes the CSA

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Sultan Abdülmecid I supports British and French stance on CSA war of secession. Voluntary union between two different societies as North and South can't be maintained, especially because Northern policy on slavery threatens to undermine the basis on which South have been built. After first shots at Fort Sumter there can be no question whether it's civil war or international conflict. Confederate states are independent entity, as much as Netherlands and Sweden are, and it's each own decision whether to support them, or not.

Have you forgotten that when the United States rebelled against British rule, they had slaves too?

We believe that the CSA will give up slavery in the near future

Prussia.jpg

They are changing, as the world is. If they are going to give up slavery, what is the point of fighting a civil war over it?

edit: OOC: I love how this forum game is already getting intense and we haven't even gone forward a year yet. :)

Grenadine Confederation
colombia+grenadine+federation.png

The Grenadine Confederation, the only lawful government within Grand Colombia, does, at this time, not recognize the Confederate States of America. This affair is purely internal for the United States, and the Confederation would like to remind the European powers, that this interfering of American interests and influences may one day come back to haunt them.

As for the situation currently within Colombia, the rebels belonging to de Mosquera will soon be put down for their crimes against this lawful Government. Once they have been put down, we shall begin a modernization process of our politics and government, to prevent future rebellions, as well as an industrialization program to bring much needed industry and infanstructure to our glorious Confederation.

We would also be interested in taking up Spain's offer to improve diplomatic relations, as well as with any nation on this Earth. Trade will be beneficial to any who wishes with Colombia.

In order to move with the current stance on society, slavery shall be abolished as soon as possible after the war of Independence.

In order to move with the current stance on society, slavery shall be abolished as soon as possible after the war of Independence.

Prussia.jpg

So why are you fighting for independence? I thought you were fighting for states's rights as in a states's right to slaves. I don't think your people will react well.