• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Bah, you all underestimate the German federation

OOC: I only want some love from a major power like Russia or France...

OOC: Maybe Italy would allow his goods through if he wrote the address in italics? :D (please don't hit me)

Also, about the German Federation: How is it structured anyway? A unitary state? An actual federation? What?

OOC: Maybe Italy would allow his goods through if he wrote the address in italics? :D (please don't hit me)

Also, about the German Federation: How is it structured anyway? A unitary state? An actual federation? What?

OOC: Our Friendship IS OVER!

OOC: BTW I am going to sleep, I just feel very tired today.

Have a good night everybody.

OOC: Get your orders in and maybe we get another update this weekend? At least enough orders and maybe a mini update!

OOC: Get your orders in and maybe we get another update this weekend? At least enough orders and maybe a mini update!

OOC: Frynonmon already said he won't start writing the update until Saturday, so my regular orders can wait like I said, and the only mini-update that will be written will be on the ACW, but we still need the US's orders.

OOC: how much better are regulars then conscripts?

Last edited:
OOC: Conscript training vary quite much on each country, as an example, in the Russian Empire a conscript had to serve 6 years while in Prussia 2 or 3 years, for sake of keeping the game simple i think they use a universal conscript service :p

OOC: I'm pretty sure they are also better equiped, better fed, have better morale, and are better led, so all round just plain better. I wouldn't expect a force of all conscripts to survive against a force of equal numbers but composed of regulars without either heavy fortifications to defend with or a supporting environment to allow them to surprise the regulars.

OOC: In the defense, when you have trench-like warfare, the difference in fire output between a regular force and a properly organized conscripted force isn't that much. In fact, experienced conscripts will probably beat green regulars any time of the day, provided equal equipment, leadership, and morale.

It depends on the country in question, too. For instance, Switz conscripts will be quite capable, while British ones probably won't.

OOC: At that point they might as well be called regulars, as the situation you described makes them so in all but name.
I believe that here, conscripts will always be inferior to regulars, regardless of how long these conscripts may or may not be fighting.
And I don't see any difference between a conscript from Switzerland and Britain, both would be fighting without any prior experience or training, will be poorly equiped and led, with the only difference being some favorable defensive terrain for the Swiss.