• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whilst His Majesty dearly wishes for peace, he would advise against practical jokes in a game of such high stakes.​

OOC: Ok, I guess in that case you wont mind if I attack you over that whole Armada thing?

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

I advice Spanish monarch to shoot diplomat responsible for writing this absurd peace treaty, that have done nothing, but made Your Higness look ridiculous in eyes of your peers.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

Should I fire the Turkish translator, or did the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire just insult the Spanish Government? I demand that you take back those words, if you want to be respected in Europe, instead of treated like a barbarian warlord from the Levant.

His Majesty's Government advises the Spanish against bringing up matters such as insults and ungentlemanly behaviour.​

Whilst His Majesty dearly wishes for peace, he would advise against practical jokes in a game of such high stakes.​

OOC: Ok, I guess in that case you wont mind if I attack you over that whole Armada thing?

OOC: Quite curious, after we helped you twice against Napoleonic forces.

OOC: No, it was the French who attacked first, under Napoleon the I.

First and foremost, President Lincoln wonders why the Spanish do not reply formally. Secondly, Lincoln enquires as to why the Spanish crown feel that an entire nation must pay for the crimes of one man who is long dead.

His Majesty's Government advises the Spanish against bringing up matters such as insults and ungentlemanly behaviour.​

Some members of the Spanish Government chuckled at this observation, noting how this uncomfortable subject to the British Prime Minister would become taboo, by his will. We suggest that the new British monarch nominates someone with better diplomatic skills for the job.

And yet again you insult someone.​

OOC: Hey, it was Napoleon. Everyone beaten by him will be haunted by his glorious memory until the day they die. The Spanish more than anyone else really, had their prestige smashed and their faces rubbed in the dirt.

First and foremost, President Lincoln wonders why the Spanish do not reply formally. Secondly, Lincoln enquires as to why the Spanish crown feel that an entire nation must pay for the crimes of one man who is long dead.

The Spanish government was forced to declare war on France due to the resurgence of Napoleonic ambitions to the conquest of Europe. We suffered greatly at the hands of the French the last time they were allowed to expand in Europe. Their attempt to make inroads into Germany would be followed by an invasion of Iberia, as history tends to repeat itself if we allow it. It was thus, a war to defend Spanish territory from French imperialistic ambitions.

The Spanish government was forced to declare war on France due to the resurgence of Napoleonic ambitions to the conquest of Europe. We suffered greatly at the hands of the French the last time they were allowed to expand in Europe. Their attempt to make inroads into Germany would be followed by an invasion of Iberia, as history tends to repeat itself if we allow it. It was thus, a war to defend Spanish territory from French imperialistic ambitions.
Then why the demands for Algeria? Those would be Imperialistic ambitions for the Spanish Government. Ships over and above the real treaty would also fall under that category.

OOC: Does anyone have any objection to me posting my ideas for the creation of Catalonia? I have a nice Treaty drawn up just waiting for the signatures of important nations and Spain.

Then why the demands for Algeria? Those would be Imperialistic ambitions for the Spanish Government. Ships over and above the real treaty would also fall under that category.

The Algerians have embraced Spanish rule and volunteered to fight the French. They are our brothers now, a bond forged through French atrocities. We note that we are actually asking for less ships than what was proposed by other nations.

The Algerians have embraced Spanish rule and volunteered to fight the French. They are our brothers now, a bond forged through French atrocities. We note that we are actually asking for less ships than what was proposed by other nations.
So on the one hand you claim Algeria for reasons that by your own words should lead to a free Catalonia and you continue to evade reality by pretending the real treaty would not be enforced and that your demands for ships and money are not purely over and above those of the real treaty.

OOC: Sure, I will post mine for Ireland, Scotland, and India.

OOC: Yes you see, the problem with that is that your nation is a backwards little power that noone really cares about and doesn't really have a say in things. Germany, the UK, Italy and France are 4 of the top 7 powers in the world, and Germany the UK and France are the top 3.

Ill be sending the document to those relevant so they may review and propose changes.

I would like to remind the United Kingdom that harsh treaties will create more war.

OOC: Yes you see, the problem with that is that your nation is a backwards little power that noone really cares about and doesn't really have a say in things. Germany, the UK, Italy and France are 4 of the top 7 powers in the world, and Germany the UK and France are the top 3.

Ill be sending the document to those relevant so they may review and propose changes.

OOC: I assume that in your little imaginary scale, your country ranks #1.

OOC: Shush Suirantes. It was called the Victorian era because of Vittorio (Italian version of Victor I believe) of Italy, Italy of course being the premier power in the world at that time. :p

OOC: Cause it did irl?

IRL they didn't have a massive communist uprising.

Doombunny said:
OOC: Shush Suirantes. It was called the Victorian era because of Vittorio (Italian version of Victor I believe) of Italy, Italy of course being the premier power in the world at that time.

Too bad Victoria is kinda dead...