• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You dare insult our honour as Gentlemen? You dare pull random, irrelevant and hyperbolic information from nowhere? Watch your tongue, you are embarrassing yourself.​

We will not be bullied by arrogant Brits attempting to defend the indefensible, which is to say their honor and moral integrity, their word, their sense of justice. And we will not accept any provokations. You will learn to respect Spain as a Great Power, rather than some minor sphereling you can dictate policy to.

Withdraw both insults now.​

OOC: *Sigh* Why do I even bother talking to these little nations...

Empty words? Perhaps you do not listen?

You were warned against entering the war. You were warned against advancing into France. You were warned about the likely outcome of your attack. All these warnings came true, these warnings that you ignored.

In fact, the reason you are currently in this situation is because you did not listen to our words, which have been proven to ring true.​

OOC: Why do people always get themselves in a mess, after I warned them about that precise mess, and then blame me?

OOC: If you had warned us, you should have said "Hey, don't trust this peace offer I am presenting to you, since I'm going to sell you out everytime France asks". It has crossed my mind, actually, but we did not wish to betray our Italian and German allies by signing a separate peace deal. Apparently, you have no qualms with that.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

And the penny drops. I could have told the world that the English are deceiving hypocrites, who don't have an ounce of honour in their blood. However, unlike us, you all will drop and obey the authority of an oppressive, self-righteous nation.

OOC: I grow tired of this conversation.

OOC: After this, it really is the end of it, but Ill make one final point.

Don't like the Treaty, don't sign it. Simple as that.

OOC: I grow tired of this conversation.

OOC: From what I can see, you get more out of the terms than even Germany, even though you had about the same input as Spain and Italy.

Maybe you should all negotiate separately and stop the UK getting everything...

This is not peace! This is a ceasefire for twenty years!

OOC: From what I can see, you get more out of the terms than even Germany, even though you had about the same input as Spain and Italy.

Maybe you should all negotiate separately and stop the UK getting everything...

OOC: If you take into account Austria, and the lack of British land action (remember, this is 19th century, wars are decided on on the ground, with troops), I daresay they did less than either Spain or Italy.

I'm still waiting on a French reply regarding the ceasefire, by the way.

The Kingdom of Spain will confer with our partners in this conflict before taking any further decisions. We prefer to honor our commitment to a settled peace between our allies in this war.

Should the French people need to defend themselves against the Spanish and Italians for not signing the agreed upon treaty what temporary allowances to augment our strength, if any, will be permitted? Surely the people of France are not to be treated as a vassal and are allowed to at least defend the lands the Germans and British agree are ours to keep.

OOC: I am open to renegotiate sections of the treaty but as of right now I have a line drawn by the british and germans and agreed upon with them of what is mine. I did not sign up only to be asked to give up even more than what was agreed upon. I should hope I be given some vague support to at least not lose beyond what was already lost and that I did not sign up only to have everyone keep fighting to just take more land. :happy:

OOC: If you take into account Austria, and the lack of British land action (remember, this is 19th century, wars are decided on on the ground, with troops), I daresay they did less than either Spain or Italy.

OOC: Exactly, what land did they take? They think because they sunk a few boats that they should own the world.

OOC: So, no ceasefire, I take it...
OOC: As far as I am concerned that is what has been going on, when I got here there was a 3/5ths signed peace treaty. My understand was fighting was finished and the last 2 nations signing was a formality. Now that has changed a bit as at least 1 of the 2 nations really doesn't like the treaty and if all parties agree to renegotiate a few details I am up for that.

OOC: As far as I am concerned that is what has been going on, when I got here there was a 3/5ths signed peace treaty. My understand was fighting was finished and the last 2 nations signing was a formality. Now that has changed a bit as at least 1 of the 2 nations really doesn't like the treaty and if all parties agree to renegotiate a few details I am up for that.

OOC: Would you accept a ceasefire while a pact is not agreed upon by all nations involved?

OOC : They didn't take land. They actually lost a good deal of their country to the Commies.

OOC: They are essentially recognising a rebel government created by the war (Catalonia). Perhaps we should recognise the rebels in their own nation, which were also created by the war....