• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Germany, Italy and the UK vs Austria. Im de jure involved, but not de facto.

OOC: Does this mean that I am part of the Hextuple Alliance?

Colombia
colombia+grenadine+federation.png

We are growing ever more concerned by the conflicts south of our lands. We state our neutrality and again call for peace and negotiations.

Kingdom of Manchuria

cn-ma34.gif

The Kingdom of Manchuria is surprised to see the Kingdom of Spain, in such a precarious position, demand so much from the Brazilian Empire. The Guanxu Emperor is extremely displeased with Spain's demands of surrender from a country that still has quite some fight left in her, and also protests Spanish intervention in general.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

The Guangxu Emperor has already proven himself far more competent than his father. I would thus like to echo his sentiments, and proceed to argue that Spain has no business outside of its own continent. Your American empire fell long ago, accept that fact and be done with matters that do not concern you in the least.

We thank the words of support from other nations, they are the most welcome.

As for the Spanish "offer", maybe you need some lessons on diplomacy, you are in no position to demand such ridiculous concessions.

His Majesty's Government finds ourselves in agreement with the Manchu and the Boers of all people. We do not find this surprising however, even savages, fools and rebels can see the ridiculousness of the Spanish Government.​

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

The Guangxu Emperor has already proven himself far more competent than his father. I would thus like to echo his sentiments, and proceed to argue that Spain has no business outside of its own continent. Your American empire fell long ago, accept that fact and be done with matters that do not concern you in the least.

Matters that do not concern me? Spanish ships are attacked without any warning by the Brazilian Navy, and yet it is not of our concern? Spain is the defending side here, and we must demand compensation for Brazil, otherwise other nations may follow their example and start attacking neutral shipping without a declaration of war, in what is truly a barbaric deed, showing the lack of honor of the Brazilian leadership.

Also, I may note that it was Brazil who started hostilities against Argentina, too, although they at least found a little decency and honor to emit a formal declaration of war before committing hostile actions, something that did not happen with their unprovoked and reckless attack on Spanish ships. Brazil must be punished for initiating offensive action against neutral shipping, for the well-being of civilization.

OOC: Do I have to go there to get myself a new colonial concession in the Far East, Manchu?

Matters that do not concern me? Spanish ships are attacked without any warning by the Brazilian Navy, and yet it is not of our concern? Spain is the defending side here, and we must demand compensation for Brazil, otherwise other nations may follow their example and start attacking neutral shipping without a declaration of war, in what is truly a barbaric deed, showing the lack of honor of the Brazilian leadership.

Also, I may note that it was Brazil who started hostilities against Argentina, too, although they at least found a little decency and honor to emit a formal declaration of war before committing hostile actions, something that did not happen with their unprovoked and reckless attack on Spanish ships. Brazil must be punished for initiating offensive action against neutral shipping, for the well-being of civilization.

OOC: Do I have to go there to get myself a new colonial concession in the Far East, Manchu?

And why were your ships headed their in the first place? On a "peacekeeping" mission in which you had no right to be there in the first place?

OOC: If you want the world opinion to turn against you more, be my guest :p

And why were your ships headed their in the first place? On a "peacekeeping" mission in which you had no right to be there in the first place?

OOC: If you want the world opinion to turn against you more, be my guest :p

Unlike Manchuria, Spain is a civilized country, where trading arrangements are respected, and brigands who seek to interfere with trade are punished by our justice. Likewise, the "brigands" of Brazil, who decided that Spain could not trade with Argentina, met Spanish Justicia, delivered by cannon balls.

OOC: You should read the War of the Triple Alliance updates more carefully, really. Anyway, world opinion is overrated... and nobody really cares about Qing after their epic failure.

The Spanish queen is not only hated by her people, but she is also insane as well, clearly forgetting that it was the Argentinians who declared war on us.

Do i also need to point out how your trade agreement with us was broken? How you expulsed our admiral from your ship when he done not what we asked for, but what you conceded, that was the right to investigate any ships?

On another note, we ensure Colombia that we will respect not only their neutrality, but that of any other country that prefer not to become involved.

I can assure you, Spain, that Manchuria is a civilized state; westernized, however, we are not. However, it seems Spain is not the only European nation to muddy the waters between civilization and westernization: any country, it seems, that is not westernized, is not worthy of ruling itself.

OOC: I do hope you know it wasn't necessarily me that brought about the fall of the Qing. If I kept trying to play in the situation I had inherited for even 1 more turn, Manchuria, much less the Qing, would not exist. The Taiping had too much of an advantage.

Last edited:
His Majesty's Government finds ourselves amused at the claims by the Spanish that they are the defenders. You started this conflict.

Furthermore, we object to such a Liberal usage of the word civilised. To be civilised, one must act as a Lady or a Gentleman should. We see a distinct lack of this in the Spanish Government.​

OOC: Spain v Manchu? My bets on the Manchu.

The Spanish have proven themselves to be uncivilized with their attacks on the country of Brazil. A civilized country would not invade a fellow country over a petty trade argument. These arguments should be solved over words and not blood.

The Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador and Belize finds itself in agreement with the British, Japanese, Manchu and Boer sentiments. Spain has no business interfering in American affairs. Furthermore, this move by Spain is also slightly alarming, as it means that the Spaniards might make attempts at invading those American countries which at one point long ago were under Spanish autocracy.

The Spanish queen is not only hated by her people, but she is also insane as well, clearly forgetting that it was the Argentinians who declared war on us.

Do i also need to point out how your trade agreement with us was broken? How you expulsed our admiral from your ship when he done not what we asked for, but what you conceded, that was the right to investigate any ships?

On another note, we ensure Colombia that we will respect not only their neutrality, but that of any other country that prefer not to become involved.

After an incident staged by Brazil, involving hostilities against an Argentinian, to force the Argentinian government to declare war. Brazil is as much a defender as Agamemnon was the defender during the war with Troy.

The trade agreement was broken from the moment Brazilian ships opened fire on Spanish trading vessels. We would have to be complete fools to keep trading with a nation that, without any warning, fires on Spanish trading ships.

The admiral completed the investigation of the Spanish ships, as was the commitment of the Spanish government, thus ending our undertaken obligation. Given that he was being a nuissance, and that we had no further obligation towards him, we invited him to leave our ships. If we had known he would give the order to launch an infamous attack, we would have detained him. We did not seek this war. We sought trade with Argentina, and did not recognize Brazil's right to regulate world trade, as I believe no other nation has.

It is telling that Brazil must reassure it's neighbors that their neutrality will be respected. It means that they feel that their actions have indeed made them a threat to South American nations, and that they fear a South American alliance against Brazilian imperialism, an alliance which would undoubtedly lay waste to Brazil's dreams of empire.

The Kingdom of Belgium requests that Spain stop blockading Brazilian ports and allow neutral ships to enter Brazilian ports unmolested.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians