• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nonsense. I simply make a statement of fact. Does not United States of America follow the rules that it has itself designed?

If the Tenth Amendment allows the states do to anything that is not prohibited by the constitution, then where in the constitution does it state your earlier statement? Is not the constitution of the United States of America the highest authority of the land?

Last edited:
Nonsense. I simply make a statement of fact. Does not United States of America follow the rules that it has itself designed?

If the Tenth Amendment allows the states do to anything that is not prohibited by the constitution, then where in the constitution does it state your earlier statement? Is not the constitution of the United States of America the highest authority of the land?
OOC: This legal discussion will not quell this war, you know?

OOC: I don't think anything like that has happened yet, as you havn't won the war yet, so it can't be debated fully and decided upon yet.

OOC: Sure, I mean more the theory though. The theory can happily exist, and its the one I'm using.

Napoleon the third is amused by this arbitrary division between Spain and USA, if anything CSA has no legitimate reason of existence as they are Americans, fighting against other Americans over their personal gain to oppress slaves and gain profit. The Basque and Catalans on the other hand are completely different nationality and have had long lasting independence movements, supported by local population.
France didn`t ''incite revolts'' or ''support radicals'' when the Spain decided to attack its Northern neighbour without any sign of provocation, they did it themselves. All France did was to offer help against their Spanish oppressors, offer help in industrialization and an offer of guarantee of independence from its Spanish oppressors.
Fin!
All this is backed by common knowledge and international newspapers. Maybe the Spanish court reads its own propoganda, but apparently its victims doesn`t.

The Kingdom of Spain would like to note the severe hypocrisy of the above statement, made by Napoleon the III, Despot of France. We can only conclude that France's long term intentions in regards to Catalonia and Basque country are vassalization and annexation, since Catalan and Basque territories are being controlled by France, who has shown absolutely no intention to set them free. We would also remind France that their nation also had regions who were different nations, who were subjugated and integrated into France.

Furthermore, the Basque and Catalonian population only support the French having been given hopes that the French forces who are currently planning to invade Iberia again, would spare their cities in exchange for their allegiance. This is base terrorism, equal to what you tried to apply in Epinal. To all the Spanish people, I ask of you complete commitment in stopping the French, as only united can they be stopped, and stopped they must be, if Spain is to avoid being sacked by the French again. The eldest among you may still remember the times of French occupation, the executions, the stealing, the raping. Go ask them whether we should bow down to such vandals, rather than stay true to our Spanish blood, and take the fight to them?

We are in a mighty coalition of powers. The United Kingdom, whose forces helped free Spain from French depredations. Prussia, whose armies are the best fighting force in the world. Italy, a recently rebuilt country, but with a lineage back to the Romans who conquered Gaul under Julius Caesar. Mexico, our brothers, with whom we may have quarreled in the past, but without ever forsaking our ties. We all have united to put an end to France's bid for domination of Europe. I ask to all the people of Spain, are you with us, fighting for a free Spain, who respects the cultural differences of our people, or are you with France, fighting to become their vassals?

The Kingdom of Spain would like to note the severe hypocrisy of the above statement, made by Napoleon the III, Despot of France. We can only conclude that France's long term intentions in regards to Catalonia and Basque country are vassalization and annexation, since Catalan and Basque territories are being controlled by France, who has shown absolutely no intention to set them free. We would also remind France that their nation also had regions who were different nations, who were subjugated and integrated into France.

Furthermore, the Basque and Catalonian population only support the French having been given hopes that the French forces who are currently planning to invade Iberia again, would spare their cities in exchange for their allegiance. This is base terrorism, equal to what you tried to apply in Epinal. To all the Spanish people, I ask of you complete commitment in stopping the French, as only united can they be stopped, and stopped they must be, if Spain is to avoid being sacked by the French again. The eldest among you may still remember the times of French occupation, the executions, the stealing, the raping. Go ask them whether we should bow down to such vandals, rather than stay true to our Spanish blood, and take the fight to them?

We are in a mighty coalition of powers. The United Kingdom, whose forces helped free Spain from French depredations. Prussia, whose armies are the best fighting force in the world. Italy, a recently rebuilt country, but with a lineage back to the Romans who conquered Gaul under Julius Caesar. Mexico, our brothers, with whom we may have quarreled in the past, but without ever forsaking our ties. We all have united to put an end to France's bid for domination of Europe. I ask to all the people of Spain, are you with us, fighting for a free Spain, who respects the cultural differences of our people, or are you with France, fighting to become their vassals?

You assume so because Spain vassalised and annexed said territories, you are seeing world through your own skewed prism of aggression and subjugation. France has no intention of doing that.
I would guess that Spanish attempts at dictating what Basque and Catalan states should be thinking is precisely why they decided to rebel and throw off Spanish oppression.

Spanish claims, that France is planning invasion (which would be only logical given that we are at war) and sacking of Spain and that Basque and Catalan people are joining our cause because they fear our wrath is completely and utterly without any ground. the Spanish fortunetellers must have seized control of diplomatic corps of the Spanish Empire because it is the only way I can imagine such impudent statement being issued.

Your mentioned try to burn Epinal was orders from a French general to clear a defensive position held by Prussian cavalry. Clearly Spanish who are so keen on pointing hypocrisies will not fail to see this one?
May I remind you that Spain attacked France completely unprovoked and sacked two medium sized French towns with premeditated orders from Spanish government.

People of Russia!

Once again, you are sent to war at the behest of Autocrats and Despots! Once again, you are sent to die for a country in which you have no rights, no say in policy, no recognition as men! Once again, your Tsar has been murdered, simply for the crime of trying to make you equals!

The Tsar may be Gods representative on earth, but he is held in chains by the corrupt and autocratic schemers and plotters that surround him, they pour poison into his ear and hold a dagger to his throat, like the vile Demons of Satan they enslave him! You need only look at Alexander II to realise that these people hold not only you, but the Tsar in chains!

Do you really want to die for a nation that treats you like filth, a nation that holds you as slaves, a nation that barters with your lives as most nations barter with coin!?

Finns, Tartars, Lithuanians, Estonians, Latvians, Georgians, Armenians, Turks, do you wish to be crushed under the Russian boot, or shall you be free again? Free to choose your government, free to choose your own fate, free to not be oppressed by an unelected body which treats you like filth?

Rise up! Free the Tsar from the clutches of Demons! Win your rights! Win your say! Win your freedom! Usher in a new age of Democracy, under a Tsar who can help the people without being brutally murdered in an unholy Satanic ritual!

WHY SHOULD YOU DIE FOR A NATION THAT GIVES YOU NO SAY!?

OOC: Constitutional Monarchy in Russia could be quite funny actually...

You assume so because Spain vassalised and annexed said territories, you are seeing world through your own skewed prism of aggression and subjugation. France has no intention of doing that.
I would guess that Spanish attempts at dictating what Basque and Catalan states should be thinking is precisely why they decided to rebel and throw off Spanish oppression.

Spanish claims, that France is planning invasion (which would be only logical given that we are at war) and sacking of Spain and that Basque and Catalan people are joining our cause because they fear our wrath is completely and utterly without any ground. the Spanish fortunetellers must have seized control of diplomatic corps of the Spanish Empire because it is the only way I can imagine such impudent statement being issued.

Your mentioned try to burn Epinal was orders from a French general to clear a defensive position held by Prussian cavalry. Clearly Spanish who are so keen on pointing hypocrisies will not fail to see this one?
May I remind you that Spain attacked France completely unprovoked and sacked two medium sized French towns with premeditated orders from Spanish government.

The Kingdom of Spain would like to take this opportunity to completely deny having issued any official orders to sack any French towns. We are comprehensive, though, of the desire for revenge of those who had their grandparents raped and slaughtered by French troops, their churches and homes ransacked and cleared of anything of value, including many religious icons which are irreplaceable and which have been lost to the French, and thus we will not take any disciplinary actions against any soldiers having participated in those events.

We would also like to point out that the French general tried to level the city of Epinal to make a statement to the people of Elsass-Lothringen, that they should lay down arms and be re-annexed into the French Empire. To have ordered such an action, it is because said general has his back covered by the French government, as he could find himself court-martialed by ordering the destruction of what is, in France's official opinion, a French town.

Personally, I, as the King of Spain, would never contemplate a scenario where Spanish forces would raze a Spanish town, and would hold those responsible as traitors of the worst kind, for which a quick death is too merciful. The King of Spain cares about all his subjects, something that the French despot, like every despot, has been proven to lack.

The Spanish Diplomacy would like to note the base and uncivilized implication of the French statement where our diplomats are smeared and compared to fortune-tellers. It is implied, in the words of the French despot, that Spain is a backwards and mystified nation, in opposition to France, who considers itself a modern nation, despite the French peasants dying of famine, despite the lack of liberty of it's people, despite it's grossly sanguinary leadership, and it's oppression of people in their colonies, such as Saigon, Algeria, etc. It is not Spain who is the backward nation here, but rather France. It's not Spain who believes in fortune-tellers, but rather France who believes in you, Napoleon the III, to lead their nation.

People of Russia!

Once again, you are sent to war at the behest of Autocrats and Despots! Once again, you are sent to die for a country in which you have no rights, no say in policy, no recognition as men! Once again, your Tsar has been murdered, simply for the crime of trying to make you equals!

The Tsar may be Gods representative on earth, but he is held in chains by the corrupt and autocratic schemers and plotters that surround him, they pour poison into his ear and hold a dagger to his throat, like the vile Demons of Satan they enslave him! You need only look at Alexander II to realise that these people hold not only you, but the Tsar in chains!

Do you really want to die for a nation that treats you like filth, a nation that holds you as slaves, a nation that barters with your lives as most nations barter with coin!?

Finns, Tartars, Lithuanians, Estonians, Latvians, Georgians, Armenians, Turks, do you wish to be crushed under the Russian boot, or shall you be free again? Free to choose your government, free to choose your own fate, free to not be oppressed by an unelected body which treats you like filth?

Rise up! Free the Tsar from the clutches of Demons! Win your rights! Win your say! Win your freedom! Usher in a new age of Democracy, under a Tsar who can help the people without being brutally murdered in an unholy Satanic ritual!

WHY SHOULD YOU DIE FOR A NATION THAT GIVES YOU NO SAY!?

OOC: Constitutional Monarchy in Russia could be quite funny actually...

OOC: That whole Satanic ritual thing... priceless :rofl:

OOC: Can't speak about whole Russian empire, but nationalistic sentiment in Latvia at this time still was very weak. Even after WW1 (and 1905. Revolution) autonomy was main goal for most. Only when it became clear, that Russia have lost war completly independence appeared on political agenda. In fact even 1905. Revolution was sparked after military defeats.

Russia broken down to independent nation states would be even funier :p

Edit. Those Spain's IC posts :D

OOC: Spain and Italy in general have me crying and laughing at the same time... :)

Im trying to play Gladstone as best I can, so raving zealotry shall be used when I feel like it.

The Russian Empire finds the call to arms of the minorities in our country ironic, considering the revolt of over 300,000 angry Irishmen and Marxists have revolted. Alexander was a weak man, as evidenced by his inability to make decisions and by him trying to remove the solid ofundations of our countries for years. The Russian Bear needed to be led by power, and Alexander II had none. The Russian Empire is now led by Alexander III, appointed by God himself, and he calls upon every Russian citizen to leave his fields, and his factories, and join the Russian Army, where he can show the true glordy of the Russian Empire!!!