• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Not my fault you need civilising. :p

Alsace-Lorraine doesnt exist, it is Elsass-Lothringen.

OOC: Same thing but I'll probably call it Elsass-Lothringen cause it sounds nicer:D
Well I hope the British think our German half represents our nation

OOC: I pick Alsace Lorraine since it reminds me of the fact that I have French ancestry!

The Republic of Alsace-Lorraine would like to also notify the Mr Louis-Napoleon that there are several local townsmen who were hiding in there houses who heard your Commander shout "These traitors, burn the place to the ground, in the name of your Emperor!" and then "Quickly those damn Prussians are coming." Firstly this Town had not yet been taking in battle and Secondly Both "In the name of your Emperor" and his insistence to keep on burning the town even after it was obvious his men were going to come under attack show that this may have been a premeditated attack. If you believe that I should withdraw then by the same logic you should declare Paris an open city and withdraw your troops to save it

OOC: Shouldn't Fry have to do these kinds of things? and could we say that the Prussians put Crown Prince Frederick as president?

OOC: Ok, lets assume it is public knowledge. Actually it is even better, because

''The French Army, 300,000 strong, charged into the new-born Republic and faced no resistance until marching into the city of Épinal, the capital of the Vosges Department. On the outskirts of the city, Prussian cavalry noticed the slowly advancing French Army, and sprung into action, harassing their lines and causing a general disturbance. Aggravated, The French Commander ordered the city of Épinal leveled to the ground, as it was the base for the attacks.''

A French general ordered to level a city as it was the base for attacks (and didn`t succeed, which is also important :D), nothing to compare full blown destruction of undefended French cities.

OOC: Jakalo, your France.

The Republic would like to point out neither the Prussians or Elsass-Lothringen have even tried to destroy a city. Also if the French commander was commanding 250 000 men then he was extremely high-ranking.

President Fredrick of Elsass-Lothringen
OOC: And Fry wouldn't Napoleon III command the French army since he thought he was as good as Napoleon I?

He's currently sick in Paris.

OOC: Spectre, you really may as well put that kind of thing as IC. You'd barely have to reword it and it would make so much more sense. (Though in fact Jakalo was referring to the British, IC is blind to all truths.)

OOC: And neither the Prussians or Elsass-Lothringen have even tried to destroy a city. Also if the French commander was commanding 250 000 men then he was extremely high-ranking. And Fry wouldn't Napoleon III command the French army since he thought he was as good as Napoleon I?

I never said you have, you just reacted to my propaganda and started claiming France is as bad or worse than Spain in Britain ;) which is clearly not the case.

I never said you have, you just reacted to my propaganda and started claiming France is as bad or worse than Spain in Britain ;) which is clearly not the case.

OOC: You are. Well, maybe not worse than Spain, but your certainly worse than Britain.

As a nation that depends on the sea for their economy, I have decided to pass a reform that will allow us to better protect our waters.

Minute Navy Doctrine

This doctrine allows for a militia navy to be formed when the nations is under threat. Shipbuilding will begin immediately by many shipbuilders to build the ships at a fast rate, hence the "Minute".
The sailors will be conscripted in to crew the ships as fast as possible. The low class population will be encouraged to join the navy.

This reform is necessary for us to adequately defend the Baltic Sea.

Her Majesties Government should like the Danish to note the consequences of interference in British trade, or of a challenge to the Royal Navy.​

OOC: You also said that the only reason Prussia hadn't razed a city was because of lack of opportunity.

OOC: He's protecting Baltic ports i.e. the Prussian ports. You're basically on the same side :p

Her Majesties Government should like the Danish to note the consequences of interference in British trade, or of a challenge to the Royal Navy.​
All nations that are either neutral or allied with Prussia may enter the Baltic Sea. Those nations will be protected by the Danish navy.
All nations that are at war with Prussia are banned from entering thee Baltic Sea.