• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Thats funny, I based it off the Balfour declaration. In fact, everything before the word 'Furthermore' is in fact identical save for region and culture names.

Not to mention that the populace of the Empire arent being oppressed. They are either treated as equals or merely being civilised. :p

Not even remotely comparable to the Balfour declaration.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Are British Empire preaching self-determination ? We will refrain from further comments before private diplomatic conversation, but undermining Ottoman rule in Balkans goes against good spirit of cooperation between OE and British Empire have enjoyed last few years.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

OOC: He never said anything about Estonians.

The President is intrigued by the Bavarian outburst. The people of Estonia are many miles away from the Balkans.

OOC: It was meant to be a statement of humour Doom.

OOC: I want a rebellion in India.
Britain thinks that anyone besides Indians are equal to the glorious British Master Race.

The natives Britain controls are being treated just as they were in our time line. You haven't sent orders to change anything.

OOC: Exactly, they are being civilised. You really arent up to speed with the whole Colonialist mentality are you? :p

OOC: If they could read. Or in fact, if they even got the news.

OOC: They would lose their beloved Gurkhas in the process though.
The british tea drinking master race that is.

OOC: Sikhs and Gurkhas are loyal to the Crown. Not to mention that the Indian mutiny happened only a few years ago, and showed them just how pointless it was to try.

Indians! You have heard what the British are saying. Creating a nation in the Balkans while they ignore you! Rise up agianst the oppressing British overlords like we did against the Yankee tyrants!

OOC: For no reason.

OOC: Damn, I alway get them two mixed up :)

My statement stands! Estonians aren't Slavic!

OOC: There wasn't a full blown rebellion in the Ireland and Britain then though :p

OOC: And they are quite strong and well organised. With an Indian rebellion the British would stand no chance and would have to depart to Canada.

The CSA has risen against a Democratically elected government, simply because it did not agree with the result. In this, they remind Her Majesty's Government of children, playing nicely when all goes their way, but at the slightest hint of an unfavourable decision bursting into tears and starting a tantrum. We send the Union our best wishes and hope they soon crush this rebellion of tyrants and slave holders.​

OOC: And they are quite strong and well organised. With an Indian rebellion the British would stand no chance and would have to depart to Canada.

OOC: Again, I have the Sikhs and Gurkhas. Not to mention that Indians are for a large part ruled by local princes.

Yet, even when facing a full blown rebellion in your home islands, you seem to care only for oppressing other people around the world.

Keep in mind only 30% of the population voted FOR Lincoln. 70% voted AGAINST Lincoln.

Her Majesty's Government does not oppress any people. Unlike the CSA, slavery has been abolished in the Empire.​

OOC: Yes, but no other candidate got more than him.