+ Reply to Thread
Page 289 of 317 FirstFirst ... 189 214 239 264 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 314 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 6325

Thread: [Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1861

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    OOC : My point remains, his navy is not among the strongest. I'd say that his navy is around the 6th strongest. That is, supposing i'm not forgetting anyone (UK, Germany, USA, Austria, Ottomans?) or overestimating somenoe.
    He'll need to either upgrade or substitute it soon.
    In terms of pure quality he's 8th equal with several other nations. In terms of numbers he is 3rd.
    ~GM of War of the Five Kings, A Song of Ice and Fire game
    ~His Royal Majesty, Frederick-William II, King of Prussia in Stormbringer's World in Revolution 1789: The Long 19th Century
    ~Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz, Wali of Tanja in XVG's Caliphate on the Edge
    ~Frederick von Innsburck-Brno in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals"
    ~His Royal Majesty, Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I, Sultan of Hroniden, Shah of Sahran, Emir of Miṣr, Lord of the Amunra, Guardian of Mutikabir, Defeater of the Mad Emperor, Rightful Emperor of Hroniden and Protector of the Realm in Black Bishop's Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy
    ~His Imperial Majesty, Tarondor, Emperor of Numenor, King of Gondor, Prince of Illithien, Archduke of Umbar, Duke of Near Harad, Lord of the Anduin, Count of Minas Anor, Marshal of the Army of Mithril, Admiral of the Iron Fleet, Wielder of Narsil, Heir of Elendil, Destroyer of Umbar and Slayer of Sauron in Afaslizo's Lord without Rings

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

OOC: Stop the OOC. It's pointless and just clutters the thread. We have an IRC now which you should all use for stuff like this.
    "Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord

"I have hot cousins" - Shynka

"Petrarch was right" - Petrarch

"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!

"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity

"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.
    <mathrim-afk> Looks great

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny View Post
    OOC: Stop the OOC. It's pointless and just clutters the thread. We have an IRC now which you should all use for stuff like this.
    OOC: Doom IS the GM atm with fry out pillaging Finland so please tone it down, take it to pm or take it to irc.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: And the thread is dead...

By the way, I would like to know if the trading deals got processed last turn.
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    OOC: And the thread is dead...

By the way, I would like to know if the trading deals got processed last turn.
    OOC: Not dead, simply waiting for Fry to come back

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

OOC: We got a miniupdate, though, and there's plenty of stuff to comment on last update. Korea, the European War, Communism in the UK, war in South America, naval buildups, the sanctions on France...

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided

OOC: We got a miniupdate, though, and there's plenty of stuff to comment on last update. Korea, the European War, Communism in the UK, war in South America, naval buildups, the sanctions on France...
    OOC: But everyone talks about that stuff on the irc so that's why no one posts here much.
    ~His Royal Majesty, Frederick-William II, King of Prussia in Stormbringer's World in Revolution 1789: The Long 19th Century
    ~Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz, Wali of Tanja in XVG's Caliphate on the Edge
    ~His Royal Majesty, Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I, Sultan of Hroniden, Shah of Sahran, Emir of Miṣr, Lord of the Amunra, Guardian of Mutikabir, Defeater of the Mad Emperor, Rightful Emperor of Hroniden and Protector of the Realm in Black Bishop's Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy
    ~His Imperial Majesty, Tarondor, Emperor of Numenor, King of Gondor, Prince of Illithien, Archduke of Umbar, Duke of Near Harad, Lord of the Anduin, Count of Minas Anor, Marshal of the Army of Mithril, Admiral of the Iron Fleet, Wielder of Narsil, Heir of Elendil, Destroyer of Umbar and Slayer of Sauron in Afaslizo's Lord without Rings

OOC: But IRC is OOC chat... we need more IC

OOC: Everyone has already posted IC about what happened in the update. Why don't you come on the IRC Reis?

OOC: Then why don't you comment on the things you listed in IC?
    Last edited by Muskeato; 19-04-2012 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeato View Post
    OOC: Then why don't you comment on the things you listed in IC?
    I did, for some of them, but it's not so much fun when my IC posts make up nearly half the thread (OOC posts aside) since the update...

The Kingdom of Spain, noting that the War of the Quadruple Alliance was fueled, in part, by a naval arms race, is seeking to build up international consensus to the development of a Naval Treaty, to preserve peace and prosperity in the world.

The Reich is intrigued by this naval treaty, we request that the Spaniards elaborate upon their designs for an international naval treaty.

While the USA appreciates such efforts as proposed by the Spaniards, who would enforce such a treaty? How would a nation be prevented from simply ignoring the provisions? Would the other signatories be expected declare war over such an issue?

The treaty would seeks to establish an international standard nomenclature for types of ship, as well as imposing restrictions on the construction of warships.

Our preliminary thoughts on the matter are that navies are essential to safeguard sea lanes and ensure freedom of trade, as well as ensuring territorial waters are respected, and thus the limitations would have to take into account the number of overseas possessions and the extension of territorial waters. Another important factor, for the preservation of peace in the world, is a limitation of naval construction relative to that of the other naval powers, to ensure there is a balance of power in the seas, as it is essential to ensure the upholding of this treaty.

OOC: Spaniard isn't a proper term for a formal diplomatic message, I'm afraid. It would be akin to referencing the Yanks, Brits, Ruskies...

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

His Majesty's Government outright refuses, and shall always do so, to sign any document which limits the ability, composition or size of the Royal Navy.
    "Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord

"I have hot cousins" - Shynka

"Petrarch was right" - Petrarch

"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!

"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity

"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.
    <mathrim-afk> Looks great

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The idea of naval limitations is not of itself considered evil to France but we are loath to support restrictions upon others that would burden their nation as ours as been and would limit their ability to defend their scattered citizens if such a nation was grand in size.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

200k clubEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLegio
    The Kings Crusade

The Portuguese Government is against the Naval Treaty.

Werewolf Amateur and Diplomacy Beginner .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My AARs at ink well.

Ruler of Somewhere else Thandros's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

In a Secret Underground Bunker 50km beneath the Earth's surface
    The Sultan of Morocco is not for or against this Naval Treaty. Lacking a navy for it to apply to it's irrelevant to Morocco.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

While Mexico sympathises with the idea of preserving the peace, protecting commercial interests etc, we foresee a number of problems for this suggested treaty.

I. Control; which organ would actively check if the treaty is effectively abided? No self-respecting state will allow its sovereignty to be violated by another. It would have to be a new organ or entity with competences previously agreed upon by all signatories. We have little faith that such an organ will effectively be called into being.

II. Sanctions & enforcement; An agreement without safeguards is meaningless. All signatories would have to agree on an independant unbiased authority, on enforcement and conditions to determine proper sanctioning. Additionally if a signatory is considered to have broken the terms of the agreement, there should be the possibility to appeal said judgement. Apart from a controling authority an additional court is required to appeal judgement. We again have little faith that either would be developed up to the extent that we would be willing to hand over a part of our right to rule ourselves.

However we will not block this suggestion a priori. If Spain can develop such a system and suggest it to the international community we will approach the matter with an open mind and judge it for its merrit.

Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me..
    There lie they, and here lie we..
    Under the spreading chestnut tree..

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

The United Kingdoms of Sweden, Norway, and Finland find such a treaty impinging upon the sovereignty of nations to be odd and out of place.

OOC: Guys the Washington Naval Treaties weren't signed for more than 60 years and nations giving up sovereignty in such a way at this time is hilarious. Fry will likely slap the lot of you with a wet noodle.
    GM of Keldoniaskylar's the Rise of a Super Power

+ Reply to Thread