+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 316 FirstFirst ... 176 201 226 251 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 301 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 6317

Thread: [Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1861

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: He can withdraw his bid. At worst he just doesn't pay.
    ~His Majesty, Louis-Philippe I, King of the French in Etranger01's World in Revolution 1836 Mk. III
    "Stop fighting wars you stupid cunts"
    -Shynka, Peace Activist, 2014

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: Yep, it appears it was a mistake, and he meant over-estimated, but wrote speculated instead. Still, it is speculation, nonetheless.
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

OOC : This is probably an ortography mistake, i really think he meant over-estimated...
    Don't blame ortographic mistakes on somenoe, it can happen, especially when English is not your primary language...I don't think it was that bad a mistake to not let it pass

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

OOC: I have no problem with ortographic mistakes, the thing is, in this specific context, it is more of a Freudian slip. You don't go to an auction and bid, just to change and/or withdraw your bid when you notice that you overbid on something. It's not fair to other potential bidders and destroys the concept of an auction.

In other news, here's an update on the auction. I'm still considering Denmark's initial offer as valid, for now.

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
    Colombia : 90 gold

Offers for Palau
    Ottoman Empire : 30 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
    UK : 120 gold

The Netherlands have declared interest in Guam, but have not yet made any offers. Belgium has shown interest in acquiring one of the islands for 15 gold, but never made it formal either.
    Last edited by reis91; 14-04-2012 at 08:20.

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

OOC: There are even various "trolling" tactics that some bidders like to use to get others to bid at potentially unreasonable heights.

Suffice to say, you cannot "withdraw" from bidding. You can only hope that somebody's dumb enough to place a bid higher than your already sky-high bid.
    A rebel without a cause.

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Or, he can bid "sky-high", and just not pay if he wins. Really, stop trying to be legalists about it - nothing binds him to actually pay. So how about you spare yourself the trouble and just accept his "new" bid? Or do not accept his bids at all, but don't try to force a bid on him he's not willing to make anymore. You're being rediculous.

OOC: So, there shouldn't be any kind of repercussions from bidding and then withdrawing? It defeats the purpose of the auction... if I am to accept this, what's stopping everyone else from changing their bids too?

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Nothing, except their "honor as a gentleman".

OOC: Can we have an idea of when's the next update coming, so I have time to wrap up the sale before the next turn?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

OOC: Sometime Saturday or Sunday.
    A rebel without a cause.

Today.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    OOC: I have no problem with ortographic mistakes, the thing is, in this specific context, it is more of a Freudian slip. You don't go to an auction and bid, just to change and/or withdraw your bid when you notice that you overbid on something. It's not fair to other potential bidders and destroys the concept of an auction.

In other news, here's an update on the auction. I'm still considering Denmark's initial offer as valid, for now.

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
    Colombia : 90 gold

Offers for Palau
    Ottoman Empire : 30 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
    UK : 120 gold

The Netherlands have declared interest in Guam, but have not yet made any offers. Belgium has shown interest in acquiring one of the islands for 15 gold, but never made it formal either.
    OOC: I offered to buy Palau for 35 gold last page.
    ~His Majesty, Louis-Philippe I, King of the French in Etranger01's World in Revolution 1836 Mk. III

OOC: There goes Ottoman dream of warm water ports in Pacific

Edit. Changed my mind.

We would like to offer 38 gold bullions for Spanish pearl of Orient, otherwise known as Palau as well as trade agreement. This island will be first of many Ottoman possesions in Pacific, establishing base of operation for trade and cooperation with China, Japan and Netherland East indies.

Osmanlı Imparatorluğunun ihtişamını !

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

The Kingdom of Belgium offers 40 gold bullion for Palau.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians
    Last edited by Spectre17; 14-04-2012 at 12:48.

Ottoman Empire is determined to get claim this seemingly unimportant island to honor memory of Suleiman the Magnificent and his achievements. Therefore we will offer 45 gold bullions for Palau.

Osmanlı Imparatorluğunun ihtişamını !

Belgium offers 50 gold bullion for Palau

Ottoman Empire is not daunted by Belgian offer of 50 gold bullions for seemingly worthless island in Souther Pacific and will 55 gold bullions ! All shall know the power of Ottoman financial management and taxing !

Belgium offers 5 gold bullion for Peleliu and Angaur islands.

OOC: there small islands that form part of Palau.

OOC: I think offer is for all "Archipelago", not just Palau island itself. If not I will withdraw my bet as Palau without Peleliu and Angaur islands are worthless for my goal. Holy trinity is not to be broken.

OOC: you still get like 5 islands.

+ Reply to Thread