+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 317 FirstFirst ... 112 137 162 187 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 237 262 287 312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6325

Thread: [Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1861

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

OOC: If it didn't OTL, why would it TTL?
    A rebel without a cause.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre17 View Post
    OOC: Indeed they probably do and there take on the South American war would be interesting. They can't do anything but it would still be interesting.

King: they didn't IRL they got it all from India. India isn't revolting or anything so no reason why that should change. It's a shame that India didn't try a second revolt/mutiny as that would have given the CSA the possibility of getting its world cotton shortage as well as made things very interesting in the BCW.
    OOC: The English Board of Trade said in 1859 that India was completely inadequate as a source of raw cotton, which is why more than three-fourths of the cotton used in the textile industries of England and France came from the Southern States.

The reason it didn't work so well in the OTL, was because in the OTL there was an abundance of cotton in Europe at the outbreak of the ACW, an abudance that must be realistically used up by this point after the war that just happened in Europe.

OOC : Btw Fry, if something's wrong about my war orders just tell me and i fix them

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: They can't have had that much cotton in Europe so they must have felt shortages at the end of the war and after it due to the Union's devastation of the South...
    ~GM of War of the Five Kings, A Song of Ice and Fire game
    ~His Royal Majesty, Frederick-William II, King of Prussia in Stormbringer's World in Revolution 1789: The Long 19th Century
    ~Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz, Wali of Tanja in XVG's Caliphate on the Edge
    ~Frederick von Innsburck-Brno in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals"
    ~His Royal Majesty, Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I, Sultan of Hroniden, Shah of Sahran, Emir of Miṣr, Lord of the Amunra, Guardian of Mutikabir, Defeater of the Mad Emperor, Rightful Emperor of Hroniden and Protector of the Realm in Black Bishop's Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy
    ~His Imperial Majesty, Tarondor, Emperor of Numenor, King of Gondor, Prince of Illithien, Archduke of Umbar, Duke of Near Harad, Lord of the Anduin, Count of Minas Anor, Marshal of the Army of Mithril, Admiral of the Iron Fleet, Wielder of Narsil, Heir of Elendil, Destroyer of Umbar and Slayer of Sauron in Afaslizo's Lord without Rings

OOC : Also, i would have really expected Paraguay to wait until both me and Argentina were exhausted and then invade us...because the Paraguayan government of the time was just like this...anyway, can we expect war updates in the future?

OOC: They just started growing it in other places.

"India was deemed to be the country capable of growing the necessary amounts. Indeed, it helped fill the gap during the war, making up only 31% of British cotton imports in 1861, but 90% in 1862 and 67% in 1864."

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeato View Post
    OOC: They just started growing it in other places.
    OOC: Yes, but we are late 1863, and so far none of these European nations have put anything in their orders to start growing cotton in their colonies King Cotton should be taking its toll soon.

Do you want new war orders from me Frymonmon? Or can I wait till a possible Texan war update before sending them?

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

OOC: My colonies were taken so it cannot be my fault.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

OOC: Before you lost them...

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There is no Texas War Update. Movement in that part of the country is near impossible.
    Founder and Creator of World in Revolution

Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Frymonmon View Post
    There is no Texas War Update. Movement in that part of the country is near impossible.
    OOC : How about a war update on the war over there in South America?
    Also, are my war orders right? I'm fearing that i might have done something wrong related to organizing them...

(And why i got no answer from Paraguay or Uruguay when i offered them some deals before they joined Argentina? )

OOC: So all those conscripts I sent to help push back into New Mexico and Arizona will just be sitting there getting a tan, oh well. Will think of something soon to send you.

OOC: How likely is it for British soldiers to arrive in the Cape Republic within the nearby future?
    A rebel without a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek75 View Post
    OOC: How likely is it for British soldiers to arrive in the Cape Republic within the nearby future?
    OOC: Ghurkas were able to cross the Himalayas in less than a month on foot and with heavy gattling guns in tow, I think they can ship some Indian troops over just as quickly.

OOC: I do believe I am f***ed then.
    A rebel without a cause.

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

As government attention and energy shifts to improving the defensive capabilities of France we call upon the private investors to carry forward the torch on investment in industry and infrastructure. While efforts will be made to improve our harbors to make sure the trade agreements are fully utilized by France, railroads still need to be spread further. Stability is high, trade is flowing and the number of governments and peoples we count as friends is climbing. Government finances are still working to pay down the high debt but the diplomatic corps is working hard to make sure conditions outside of France allow the full potential of the French people to be acted upon. We will continue to open markets and improve the free flow of goods, ideas and people but this years push will have to be carried by private investors or cooperative efforts by groups of citizens.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by French-Argentine treaty of Friendship
    -Tariffs will be lowered between the 2 nations, promoting trade.
    -France sends military advisors to Argentina, to improve the army and navy organization, with the most modern doctrines developed in the great European conflict.
    -France acquires right to use Argentinean harbors of Mar del Plata and Buenos Aires, stationing warships and using them as bases of operations and supplies
    -French experts will advise on the best organizations of railways and factories in Argentina, improving its efficiency.
    [] Napoleon III, Emperor of the Second French Empire
    [X] Bartolomé Mitre, President of the Argentine Confederation
    Signed
    God Emperor of Japan in The End of an Era: 1917 Balance of Power
    President of the Argentine Confederation in World in Revolution: 1861
    Prime Minister of Communist Israel, Puppet Master of Jordan, Iraq, Greater Syria and Kurdistan in 1948: Balance of Power (world nuked into oblivion by treacherous capitalists!)

OOC : I have to wonder why France would want to use Argentinian harbors as military bases after they lost all their colonies

There's also the possibility that the british will not like that as well.

(Wonder if there's something i could do a IC post about, i'm kind of bored atm)

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The Empire of Japan would like to lighten up relations between our country and France. As such we offer a trade agreement with France, lowering tariffs for both countries. This is a gesture of good will on our part and we hope the French will reply in kind.

[X] Emperor Meiji of Japan
    [] France
    Meh

The Reich would be willing to trade with the other nations of the world, our Iron and coal is the finest in the world, whilst our industrial goods production capacity is about to explode.

We are shocked by the sudden eruption of violence in Latin America. It would seem that the German trained Brazilian army is going to fight the French trained Argentinean army. We hope that the war ends soon.

+ Reply to Thread