+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 317 FirstFirst ... 105 130 155 180 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 230 255 280 305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 6325

Thread: [Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1861

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: Damn. Exactly how far are the Prussians into Bavaria?
    Kingdom of Ireland in WiR 1778

Formally Venice in The Long 19th Century: 1789, UK in WiR 1920, Colombia in WiR 1861 Mk. II, Scandinavia in WiR ALT 1901 , The Shi Empire in Fallout: War Never Changes, The Swiss Confederation in WiR 1900 Gran Colombia in Pure Madness 2 Iron Hills in Lord without Rings Scandinavia in BoP 1946, The Kingdom of Naples in KaK, The Kingdom of Naples in WiR 1756, Gran Colombia/Bavaria in WiR 1861, Gran Colombia in (Alt Hist) WiR 1815, Denmark in WiR 1804, Argentina in WiR 1836, UK in WiR 2020, USA in WiR 1776 Lite, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons 2.0, Zouche in The Kingdom, Goldschmidt in Crisis in the Reichstag, Howard in The Presidents, Vanderbilt in Empires: Commerce and Industry, Frazer in Twenty Thousand Leagues and La Plata in Pure Madness

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The Copperhead Manifesto to America

Americans! Rally!

We have seen this war drag on for two long years now! We have seen enough of this bloodshed! We control the Congress, and we hear you America! You want this war to end as much as we do. Over the past few decades, the North and South could not work together, so why should we force them to stay with us? I condemn both the actions of General Sherman and General Jackson. There is no reason to destroy the lands, but I understand why it has come to this. King Lincoln's War drags on as more young men and boys march off to die by the guns of the King's Armies. Furthermore, we have seen the murder of a United States Congressmen! This is unacceptable! We demand President Lincoln sit down with President Lee of the Confederate States of America, and broker a Treaty of Peace! Then, we must make the British Pay for what they did! War with Britain! Slaughter the TRUE enemy of this day, the British! Not the Southerners!

God Save the United States! Down with the Tyrant Lincoln!

Clement Vallandigham, Speaker of the House
    Creator of World in Revolution
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jacob-Lundgren View Post

OOC: Well then he should negotiate. France got the snot beat out of it, got out of it quickly and is working on a strong rebound atm. Or he needs to find some AK47s. :laugh
    OOC: Yeah but the Italians have the Prussians advancing into Austria form the other side, the Italians are entrenched and Britain may send a Royal Navy Squadron to the Adriatic so Its not that bad for the Italians

Fry did I get my income boost and shouldn't the Poles be at war with Austria since they are friendly with Germans and would want Austrian Poland back?
    ~His Excellency, William Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1920 Mk II

"Stop fighting wars you stupid cunts"
    -Shynka, Peace Activist, 2014

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

You did not get an Income Boost. The Poles are not at war with anyone.
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

As regrettable as the situation is, His Majesty's Government fails to see what more we can do in regards to the death of a man who did attack our soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob-Lundgren View Post
    OOC: Difference being France can rebuild from a bad war far more easily than Italy. If Italy keeps fighting but never wins the end result will be far far worse than it was for France. I would not accept that if I was playing Italy but I would see what could be negotiated. Doesn't hurt to at least talk peace, this is not like the civil wars going on.
    OOC: Difference between you and me is that you aren't bound by honour to fight to the death for your allies and cause.

Fry, didn't you state at the start of their revolt that Austrian Polish lands rose as well?
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

Yes, but I also remember saying that when they agreed to the Treaty with Russia, that they stop revolting, all of them.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

OOC: It's good to be King
    Will make an IC post in a few minutes, will give you some time to think Muskeato

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided

OOC: Ok
    ~His Excellency, William Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1920 Mk II

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

With a rebounding economy and more friendly nations abroad, the French people can take advantage of this situation in a unique way. The government will be undergoing a defense reform to help guarantee our people stay safe from invading forces and our harbors stay protected. To that end some new technologies will be needed. Enterprising young inventors with any seemingly strange new ideas about the various instruments of warfare are invited to Paris to meet with others as well as our own military officials to discuss and compare their ideas. Only by pushing forward with our defense capabilities can we fully guarantee our homes are never again burnt nor harbors destroyed. There will be very well paying jobs available for those whose ideas prove worth pursuing. Due to the harsh treaty limitations on our armed forces, new ideas and advanced designs are what will guarantee our safety and prosperity.

To those in the US that seek to reunite their nation, we still support you and believe in the righteousness of your cause. Only a united US can resist pressure from foreign threats and a peace with the southern rebels will only create another foreign threat for the people of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny View Post

OOC: Difference between you and me is that you aren't bound by honour to fight to the death for your allies and cause.
    OOC: If your ally makes peace though you wont have to fight for him.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

OOC: In his place, I wouldn't ever consider negotiation.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

I urge all capitalist and Businessmen to invest in the port of Antwerp. With the opening of the Scheldt to merchant shipping Antwerp will become the booming port it was destined to be. It is easier to access then Rotterdam and Amsterdam and further South, closer to goods arriving from the East headed for the Rhineland and Europe. With the construction of the Railway to Brussels and a further one planned to Liege and then on to Germany, Antwerp will become one of the largest ports in the world!

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

In response to the Argentinian president, Brazil is a modern, powerful nation that deserves an army and navy of its standing, therefore the army received the funding needed to be able to compete with armies from anywhere in the world if it needed to, the same will be done to the navy.
    I make it clear that my intentions are not war with Argentina or any other South American country unless we are forced to, but our territory is vast and we need a strong, capable army to defend it, the same situation can be applied for the navy, as our vast coast demands a great and powerful navy to defend our trade and interests.

The soldiers in the army were badly paid, equipped and trained, now they are disciplined, well fed and properly paid, making it one of the finest on the Americas.
    If the United States of America has needs for such army and navy, i wonder why the Argentinians doubt our intentions when we, with such a vast territory and coastline, build up our far smaller military force to better defend ourselves.

OOC : And of course, with the army loyal and happy the aristocrats won't have anywhere to run when i force the abolition

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Friendly ties to a rising Asian power would help increase French security on the oceans far from our homes as well as open markets to new goods and ideas. Though such a relationship early on may seem one that provides cheap raw materials for us to export expensive manufactured goods back, a long term friendship out of increased trade would be equally valuable to both nations.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

We thank the British government for their support. We hope that this will be the start of a peaceful and prosperous relations between our two nations.

We are gladded by the spirit of cooperation, unity and patriotism shown by our Salvadorean brothers. United, Central America can forge its own place in the world! As of the creation of Guatemala-El Salvador, there will be a number of new things introduced to reflect this new state of things and to represent our Salvadorean brothers.

Flag of the Confederacy of Guatemala and El Salvador

OOC: Okay, that was not entirely what I intended with my orders, but I'll roll with it.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 18-03-2012 at 21:32.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

OOC : Look on the good side, you're one step closer to reforming the USCA/UPCA

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Truer words have never been spoken Mr. Vallandigham. The people of the Confederacy are just as tired of this war as the people of the United States are. We are willing, just as we have been willing for years now, to begin peace talks to end this war and both our nations to be at peace. No more young men need to die by Lincoln's sword, no more farms and towns need to be torched by his decree. I never asked and would have never asked for General Jackson to act the way he did, but there could have been no stopping it. The people of the Confederacy cried for vengence for the crimes committed by Sherman, and Jackson has begun to deliver that vengence. All this can end now, with Lincoln agreeing to sit down to peace talks and ending this war.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    OOC : Look on the good side, you're one step closer to reforming the USCA/UPCA
    OOC: Yeah well, I had intended to sphere all of Central America right there to get that part over with, and then do trade deals and what not, but I digress.

EDIT: To Fry, what is the general state of Guatemala-El Salvador vis-à-vis the other Central American states?
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

OOC: Sorry for adding another request upon your already heavy heep Frymonmon, but could you draw up a map of the ACW at this point when you get the chance?
    Last edited by King50000; 18-03-2012 at 21:33.

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Also got another question regarding the Qing: How come the nobles, merchants and clergy accept to rule together with peasants? I mean, sure, the peasants might like getting some sort of representation, but wouldn't pretty much *everyone* else revolt against such a move? They held more power and privileges before.

OOC: Communist uprising IMO.

+ Reply to Thread