His Majesty's Government has just signed the following Treaty, resolving the issue of the current war between the British Empire and the Qing Empire. The British Empire has received yet more trading ports in China, an extension to Hong Kong to ensure the colony there prospers and has gained the lands of Tibet, in accordance with the will of the Tibetan people, who shall not have their rights or privileges imposed upon in any way. We have also secured our main goal, an apology, and as such, we are happy to put this incident behind us and forget that it ever happened, in accordance with the values of Gentlemen.
To the citizens of the Empire, I ask this, how can you now speak against His Majesty and His Majesty's Government, when we defend the Empire to the death, using all means possible to tolerate no insult against her, and spreading her civilising influence and glory around the globe?
The Treaty of Peking - 1863
The signatories agree to the following Treaty, and place it upon their honour as Gentlemen to uphold the Treaty.
1. The Qing Empire shall cede in perpetuity the cities of Yantai, Weihai and Qingdao, as shown in the maps enclosed below (Yellow land Chinese, Red British, White Sea).
2. The Qing Empire shall cede in perpetuity, land which shall become dubbed the 'New Territories' of Hong Kong, as shown below (Red British, Blue existing British, White Sea, Grey Qing).
3. The Qing Empire shall cede in perpetuity Tibet.
4. The Qing Empire shall issue a full, sincere and formal apology, both to His Majesty, and to His Majesty's Government.
5. His Majesty's Government shall supply the Qing with weaponry, for the purposes of field testing said weaponry.
[X] - William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of His Majesties government acting on behalf of His Imperial Majesty The King-Emperor Edward, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India
[X] - Emperor Tóngzhì of Qing