• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

son of liberty

3%
10 Badges
Oct 3, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
The devs have been working hard behind the scenes, and I thought you guys might enjoy a sneak peek at some of the changes and new features.

screensave0.jpg

screensave1c.jpg

screensave2.jpg

screensave3.jpg

screensave4.jpg

screensave5g.jpg

screensave6j.jpg

screensave7zl.jpg

screensave8.jpg

screensave9.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently Image Shack has made some changes to their system. Are these pics ok with everybody? I might want to switch away from image shack, I don't like their new set up.

Ok, it is fixed. Now I can actually move forward.

As you can see, Italy starts with a good tech base. This is important to my strategy, because I make money by selling blue prints to future Axis members and assorted neutrals. Money is very important to my Italy strategy. One of the big changes made is that investing in research efficiency now also gives random blueprints. Since I will only have 4 tech slots to work with, blue prints and tech concentration is a must.

Before we get the show on the road, let me answer a question some of you are likely asking. "How will I get so much cash and resources?" The key to my Italian strategy is blueprint sales. I won't belabor the point, but let me post a few early shots to give you an idea of how lucrative it can be for Italy.

sia1.jpg

rom1mn.jpg

jpn1.jpg

hun1m.jpg

fin1r.jpg

dom1yt.jpg

col1op.jpg

bul1.jpg

ast1.jpg

arg1c.jpg

I have basically skipped past the boring build up phase until Jan 1935. That is when I get the 2nd Italo-Abyssinian war decision. I kind of drag my feet during this war, mainly to get some upgrades done. Italy needs every scrap of ic she can borrow beg or steal. Thus I actually drag it out until may of 35. Not so long as to be gamey, but still shorter than the historical war iirc. This is the easiest war you will fight, except for the invasion of Albania. I am not going to get into this too much. My strategy is simply to kick their behinds and march on the capital. I take every province before taking the capitol in order to gain experience for my troops and leaders. This will be very important in less than a year. ;) :ninja:

screensave1bld.jpg

screensave2bld2.jpg

screensave4aby.png

screensave6aby.jpg

screensave7aby.jpg

screensave8aby.jpg

screensave9aby.jpg

screensave10aby.jpg

screensave11aby.jpg

screensave12.jpg

screensave13aby.jpg

screensave14aby.jpg

screensave15aby.jpg

screensave16aby.jpg

screensave17aby.jpg

screensave18aby.jpg

So, it is 1936. I can either keep doing a boring build up or.....

screensave0rp.jpg

Look at Spain, a seething cesspool of liberals, anarchists, and wannabe commies.

screensave1rp.jpg

Knock, knock. Anybody home?

screensave2rp.jpg

Almost every beach was undefended. :sad: Too easy. I also told the devs that Spain needs more VPs.

screensave4rp.jpg

Spanish navy come out to plaaaay. (5 points to whomever gets the movie reference)

screensave5rp.jpg

More naval action

screensave6rp.jpg

More ships to sink

screensave7rp.jpg

These sailors are brave, I give them that.

screensave8rp.jpg

That should take care of that.

screensave9rp.jpg

Valencia gets reinforcements. So far it is the only resistance I face.

screensave10rp.jpg

Grazioli has already had an active career. Not much experience to show for it though.

screensave11rp.jpg

They really seem determined to defend Valencia.

screensave12g.jpg

Finally, a little more resistance.

screensave13rp.jpg

Resistance in Valencia is growing stronger.

screensave14rp.jpg

We gain an extra angle of attack over land.

screensave15.jpg

Genoa is now pocketed.

screensave16rp.jpg

The current state of Italian advance.

screensave18rp.jpg

Spanish resistance was truly too little too late.

screensave19rp.jpg

I now have 4 angles of attack including the original amphibious assault.

screensave20rp.jpg

The advance continues on all fronts.

screensave21rp.jpg

The first battle still rages on in Valencia.

screensave22rp.jpg

screensave24rp.jpg

screensave25rp.jpg

screensave26rp.jpg

screensave27rp.jpg

screensave28rp.jpg

Short and sweet. Italy gains another useful puppet. To me, this highlights the weakness of the mobilization system vs the daily mp growth system. By the time a small to mid sized nation mobilizes in response to an attack, and builds some divisions, they can be annexed.

That made me laugh. They were just begging to be invaded :laugh:

You'll be able to seal the Med in no time now when war with the UK breaks out.
That is my plan. I plan to rush France and land in the Sinai to grab the suez ant the opening of hostilities. I also plan to attack Malta on day 1 of Italy's war entry.

No British or French reaction? It would probably be good if the ENG/FRA AI guaranteed the independence of Spain, as it is highly unlikely that they would allow Italy to annex Spain without DOWing ITA or at least starting a massive rearmament program and adopting more interventionist policies.

I carefully manage Italy's belligerence in order to keep France quiescent. From this point forward, I will only take Albania before WWII starts.

screensave4rp.jpg

Spanish navy come out to plaaaay. (5 points to whomever gets the movie reference)

The quote is from "The Warriors."Can I have my five points now?What can I use these points for?

screensave4rp.jpg

The quote is from "The Warriors."Can I have my five points now?What can I use these points for?
Points are for bragging rights only and not redeemable for cash or merchandise of any sort. Great guess though. I figured most on this site would be to young to remember a movie out when I was in the 9th grade.