• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(242988)

Sergeant
Dec 27, 2010
We still have beta build main menu when trying to play. And Steam determines it as "You already own this game", so it is impossible to buy it.
What beta-testers have to do to solve this?
Will Paradox and Neocore upgrade our versions to full KA2 game for free for our testing?

thx.

Not to argue, but--what do you mean by "beta build main menu?" Everything on my my main menu works perfectly well. Nothing is dead-linked, and there are no mentions of beta numbers. So who are the "we" you mention this happening to? :)

Beta testers of course. I would delete and download again. They fixed this issue for me a while ago, apparently they did not fix for every one. I did already purchase the game though key difference I suppose.

Of course he meant beta testers. But you'll notice that wasn't my question.

Revenant1, have you determined this isn't a Steam issue? Have you tried right-clicking the game in your Library, choosing Preferences, and then Verify Integrity of Game Cache?

From what I can see, it seems to be only the first batch of beta testers - those of us that got their keys early in december. Deleting game cache has been done a dozen of time ;)

Last edited:
Yes, i verified integrity and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing has happend. I've the same beta v.1.0.05 with all bugs and without cinematix.
Steam determines as "You already own this game".
And names it "King Arthur 2 Base_Test - Retail"

I can neither buy, nor upgrade it... And silence from Developer/Publisher

If it is any consolation all this delay does is spare you from dealing with bugs that kill the experience. When you do get to play it you will have far more fun. Honestly the whole thing for me was a bit underwhelming.

I am also still having this same problem and no amount of reinstalling or verifying cache does anything. I guess it is time to delete local content and put the game into unplayable folder until the key is upgraded from Beta test under properties if that is still going to happen eventually.

Hi guys,

Thanks to Kjeld's PM we already know about this issue - we also got his beta key so we were able to find the reason for this. We thought that the beta keys have all changed already but apparently the fist batch of beta tester keys were handled separately and have not turned into full games. We're extremely sorry for this and we'll unlock the final game for you as soon as possible.

Yeah. I'm still with the "Base_Test" build. I've been so busy with work I haven't had time to check it out lately.
But I'm looking forward to start playing the game now that I have time on my hands.

Hope this activation/conversion thing works out. Thanks

Yeah, we have been forgotten otherwise we would have got 28 january working game instead of non-working build and impossibility to buy the game.
Good reward for testing on 20 february.

And notice: before this thread there were no answers and no activity.

Hi guys,

Could you please check and let us know if it's working now?

Hi Kate,

I have NOT got the game installed currently because of the version problems, but.....

In my STEAM library I still have Base_test module under the list of DLCS. Not sure if this is the only issue that stops a proper download of the game. But Ive never got my version to show anything other than the BETA text on the game main menu. Ive logged a ticket with STEAM support a number of weeks back and not received any word.

I also have KA2_Base_Release & KA2_Dead Legions.