• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I told you this was bound to happen, Taii. Germany had nothing NOTHING to lose unless they were going to attack Britain this early and Austria was poised to push into Romania.

Why am I finally right when I'm not playing?

I realised you were right about midway through the turn. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything to stop it, so I just went along in the hope that maybe it'd play out. Still, I'll do my best and hope I can recover. I just wanted to make an interesting play and see if it worked, to be honest. I had moves outlined for all-out attacks on Germany, Britain, Austria and Turkey that were slightly unconventional, but I figured I would use the British one.

I realised you were right about midway through the turn. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything to stop it, so I just went along in the hope that maybe it'd play out. Still, I'll do my best and hope I can recover. I just wanted to make an interesting play and see if it worked, to be honest. I had moves outlined for all-out attacks on Germany, Britain, Austria and Turkey that were slightly unconventional, but I figured I would use the British one.

All out attacks in Spring 1901 are a good way to earn an early shower. Still, they make for entertaining games, although it sucks for those who would benefit from having the country not crashing down in flames too early (in this case, that would be me, if Russia dies in two years Italy is kinda screwed).

All out attacks in Spring 1901 are a good way to earn an early shower. Still, they make for entertaining games, although it sucks for those who would benefit from having the country not crashing down in flames too early (in this case, that would be me, if Russia dies in two years Italy is kinda screwed).

I can see... very conditional ways to dig myself out of this...

Winter 1901

British Orders
Build F London

French Orders
Build A Paris
Build A Brest

German Orders
Build A Kiel
Build F Berlin

Austrian Orders
Build A Trieste
Build A Budapest

Italian Orders
Build F Naples

Russian Orders

Ottoman Orders
Build A Constantinople
Build F Smyrna

Results

1902spring.png

Next deadline is in 31 hours, 17:00 GMT on Tuesday, February the 14th.
If you need more time you can ask for a 24 hour extension via pm.

Last edited:
I like unconventional openings, for example I have wondered how a game would turn out if Germany opens A Mun-Tyr and then proceeds to attack either Italy or Austria.
But there is a reason those strategies are unconventional, namely that they are less likely to work. :)

Last edited:
Inbox cleared after a weekend in which too many martinis were drunk.

Well, I have not received replies to most PMs I sent so I can officially say that I would like to extend deadline as I will be out of PC entire tomorrow so I would not be able to discuss with others effectively.

Well, I have not received replies to most PMs I sent so I can officially say that I would like to extend deadline as I will be out of PC entire tomorrow so I would not be able to discuss with others effectively.

We do not negotiate with traitors.

We do not negotiate with traitors.

Traitors? Pray tell, how were you betrayed?
Oh right. You betrayed us, instead. Of course ..

I like unorthodox openings too - as long as I'm not the one doing them! As you put it, Seboden, the unorthodox ones aren't commonly used for very good reasons. I'd rather play a boring opening move than get obliterated early because my gamble didn't pay off. Although - and Tai should take heart from this - by this stage in Diplomacy III there was a French army sitting in my Munich. It was most uncomfortable, especially with the Russians bearing down on me, but obviously I recovered from it.

I dislike it when games have very few options and the start of the game follows a settled pattern. For Turkey and Russia the Black Sea Bounce is nearly mandatory, since any other option means at least one country is too trusting of its neighbor. A Con - Bul is also exceedingly obvious, since no country can stop you having Bulgaria. Since a combined attack by Austria and Russia can eject A Bul, A Smy - Con is also quite obvious - Constantinople is also the only land route to anywhere, bar Sevastopol via Armenia. F Kie - Den is just as obvious for Germany as A Con - Bul and there are similar examples (Tunisia for Italy), but Germany has more freedom of action in going for both, one, or none of the Low Countries, or going east, et cetera, standing the Russians out of Sweden.

I like unorthodox openings too - as long as I'm not the one doing them! As you put it, Seboden, the unorthodox ones aren't commonly used for very good reasons. I'd rather play a boring opening move than get obliterated early because my gamble didn't pay off. Although - and Tai should take heart from this - by this stage in Diplomacy III there was a French army sitting in my Munich. It was most uncomfortable, especially with the Russians bearing down on me, but obviously I recovered from it.

I dislike it when games have very few options and the start of the game follows a settled pattern. For Turkey and Russia the Black Sea Bounce is nearly mandatory, since any other option means at least one country is too trusting of its neighbor. A Con - Bul is also exceedingly obvious, since no country can stop you having Bulgaria. Since a combined attack by Austria and Russia can eject A Bul, A Smy - Con is also quite obvious - Constantinople is also the only land route to anywhere, bar Sevastopol via Armenia. F Kie - Den is just as obvious for Germany as A Con - Bul and there are similar examples (Tunisia for Italy), but Germany has more freedom of action in going for both, one, or none of the Low Countries, or going east, et cetera, standing the Russians out of Sweden.

F Kie - Hol is a viable alternative to F Kie - Den if you can get an agreement with France to screw UK early. It allows Russia to have Sweden yes, but that's generally a good idea to ensure that Russia doesn't fall early.

Well isn't that grand. I'd like a response to the messages I send, even if it just to say "no".
I don't remember if you've sent me something.

If you have: no.