• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
God this game is spammy. Or maybe just some of you are spammers.
You know who you are.

Also: Inbox cleared :p

Fall 1901

British Orders
F Nrg - Nwy
F Nth convoy A Edi - Bel
A Edi - Bel

French Orders
A Mar - Spa
F Mat - Por
A Bur - Bel

German Orders
A Den - Swe
A Ruh - Hol
A Mun - Bur

Austrian Orders
F Tri to Alb
A Gal to Rum
A Ser support A Gal to Rum

Italian Orders
A Apu - Tun
F Ion C A Apu - Tun
A Rom - Ven

Russian Orders
Army StP moves to Fin
Fleet Bot moves to Swe
Army Lvn moves to War
Fleet Sev moves to Rum

Ottoman Orders
A Bul - Gre
A Con - Bul
F Ank - Bla

Orders

1901fallorders.png

Results

1901winter.png

Note: You may have noticed that Germany ordered A Den-Swe instead of F Den-Swe as they clearly intended (and did in an earlier order set).
I have used F Den-Swe this time, but in future everybody please make sure to write correct orders, since it's sometimes a valid strategy to write incorrect orders on purpose. (If you do that please make clear in the pm that it's intentional.)

Builds:
Britain: 1
France: 2
Germany: 2
Austria: 2
Italy: 1
Russia: 0
Turkey: 2

Next deadline is in 24 hours, 17:00 GMT on Monday, February the 13th or when all build orders are in.
No extensions for a build phase.

Last edited:
Beautiful, just beautiful, seboden! :)

I always felt that the unit type was irrelevant. There can only ever be one unit in a province, and we know what the unit is by looking at it. If you were to write F Mar - Par it would be instantly recognized as invalid, whereas Mar - Par isn't, but the second you went to update the map you'd notice it was a fleet... Nonetheless I've always included the letter designation.

I am interested to see the Anglo-French alliance didn't eventuate. The two could not even agree on who should receive Belgium, which is interesting. Also, Russia was unable to persuade Germany to let them have Sweden. I wonder why...

Also, Russia was unable to persuade Germany to let them have Sweden. I wonder why...

Because Russia has no place in Scandinavia.*

I told you this was bound to happen, Taii. Germany had nothing NOTHING to lose unless they were going to attack Britain this early and Austria was poised to push into Romania.

Why am I finally right when I'm not playing?

I always felt that the unit type was irrelevant. There can only ever be one unit in a province, and we know what the unit is by looking at it. If you were to write F Mar - Par it would be instantly recognized as invalid, whereas Mar - Par isn't, but the second you went to update the map you'd notice it was a fleet... Nonetheless I've always included the letter designation.

Going back to this, I completely agree with seboden.

It's the same in werewolf. If a player unvotes someone they're not voting, the GM shouldn't assume this was not done on purpose and change the vote, player intentions be damned.

Going back to this, I completely agree with seboden.

It's the same in werewolf. If a player unvotes someone they're not voting, the GM shouldn't assume this was not done on purpose and change the vote, player intentions be damned.

There's a difference. In Werewolf there are many people you could be voting. In Diplomacy there's only one unit you could be referring to. If I was to write Gre - Bul it could only possibly be the army in Gre. It can't be anything else because there's nothing else in Gre. There is not simultaneously a fleet and an army to choose from.

Whereas if I write Vote That Guy it cannot be discerned who is the intended target. As you have seen, in the current Big I am accepting "Unvote Whoever I am Voting" since it can still be understood who they mean - although it adds more work as I have to find their previous vote, if any. When you repeat your votes on a person, even though you haven't previously unvoted them, I haven't disregarded those votes because it is obvious who you're voting for - the guy you keep putting invalid votes on, and your valid vote is on.

There's no way that omitting the unit designation can cause confusion as to what unit is meant - only incorrect abbreviations or province names can do that. I'm not disputing Seboden's rules, nor am I saying it's not a valid way to produce deliberately invalid orders, only that the designations are superfluous.

There's a difference. In Werewolf there are many people you could be voting. In Diplomacy there's only one unit you could be referring to. If I was to write Gre - Bul it could only possibly be the army in Gre. It can't be anything else because there's nothing else in Gre. There is not simultaneously a fleet and an army to choose from.

Whereas if I write Vote That Guy it cannot be discerned who is the intended target. As you have seen, in the current Big I am accepting "Unvote Whoever I am Voting" since it can still be understood who they mean - although it adds more work as I have to find their previous vote, if any. When you repeat your votes on a person, even though you haven't previously unvoted them, I haven't disregarded those votes because it is obvious who you're voting for - the guy you keep putting invalid votes on, and your valid vote is on.

There's no way that omitting the unit designation can cause confusion as to what unit is meant - only incorrect abbreviations or province names can do that. I'm not disputing Seboden's rules, nor am I saying it's not a valid way to produce deliberately invalid orders, only that the designations are superfluous.

I'm saying it could be used as a tactic.*

"Oh no, I was supposed to support your move into Paris with my Army but I wrote Fleet instead. Gosh, don't you hate the GM's rule about this? Oh well! We can still be friends!"

I'm saying it could be used as a tactic.*

"Oh no, I was supposed to support your move into Paris with my Army but I wrote Fleet instead. Gosh, don't you hate the GM's rule about this? Oh well! We can still be friends!"

Is that not the tail wagging the dog? The only reason to include unit type appears to be in order to make it easier to submit invalid orders. Again, I'm not disputing Seboden's rule, and AFAIK we've all always indicated the unit type. I'm merely pointing out that I have long thought it redundant.

Is that not the tail wagging the dog? The only reason to include unit type appears to be in order to make it easier to submit invalid orders. Again, I'm not disputing Seboden's rule, and AFAIK we've all always indicated the unit type. I'm merely pointing out that I have long thought it redundant.

I agree.

Btw, nice handling of the map.

Yeah, it's slightly redundant (except for build orders), but it's in the official diplomacy rules and it does make reading the orders easier, so we'll keep it. :)

I told you this was bound to happen, Taii. Germany had nothing NOTHING to lose unless they were going to attack Britain this early and Austria was poised to push into Romania.

Why am I finally right when I'm not playing?

Well, do you want to play? Russia, Italy, somebody else?

You don't have to be a wizard to figure out Italy's build order.

Also, GG Russia. Austria and Turkey will tear you apart now, and I can't do **** to help you.
It's Army Rome, isn't it? ;)

Last edited: