• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, as you said, it was a 50-50 shot. You folks played a good game, truly.
And honestly, if circumstances were different and I didn't feel honour bound to keep the alliance with germany, that stab would probably have gone through, and this game would still be wide open for any combination of winners.

And if Austria werent a bunch of backstabbing you know whats, I would have have been more open in terms of discussing moves with them and we might have set the stalemate up earlier. This should really be a lesson to the Austrians. You cant win this game by backstabbing everything in sight.

EDIT: Vote Italian Win!

Last edited:
Everybody who wants to declare a German-French win should include that in their orders.
If all orders agree, then I'll declare the game finished.
Of course, nobody's required to agree to that.

(And while I in no way want to discourage an end to this game - it has run quite a while already - I don't think a German-French win is inevitable quite yet.
Even if there is no stalemate, it's still a formidable defensive position, just not impregnable.)

Fall 1913

French Orders
F Tus - Tyrhennian sea
F Wes S F Tus - Tyrhennian Sea
F Tun S F Tus - Tyrhennian Sea
A Naf S H F Tun
A Pie - Tus
F GoL S A Pie - Tus
A Mar - Pie
F Mat - Spa (sc)
F Eng - Serbia
F Nth - Constantinople
vote draw france-germany

German Orders
A Ukr - Rum
A Gal S A Ukr - Rum
A Sev S A Ukr - Rum
A Mos S A Sev H
A War S A Gal H
A Boh - Vie
A Tyr S A Boh - Vie
A Mun S A Tyr H
F Bot - Swe
F Pru C Pie - Reis's Face
German-French Victory

Austrian Orders
A Arm - Sev
A Vie H
A Tri S A Vie
A Bud S A Vie
A Rum S A Arm - Sev
F Apu S F Ven H
F Ion S F Tyr H
F Adr S F Ion
Vote Franco-Prussian draw

Italian Orders
F Ven Hold
A Roma Sup F Ven
F Tyn Sup Rom
Vote France-Germany Tie

Ottoman Orders
F Bla S A Arm - Sev
A Bul S A Rum
F Aeg S F Ion
vote Franco-Prussian draw

Orders

Results

The Italian Fleet in the Tyrrhenian Sea is dislodged and retreats to Napoli.

Victory

After thirteen years of hard and bloody fighting across Europe, peace is finally approaching. The formidable alliance of the German Empire and the French Republic has conquered most of Europe and thus established itself as the foremost world power.
In order to stop the senseless fighting the remaining European powers, namely the Kingdom of Italy, the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the Ottoman Empire, have agreed to accept German-French dominance of Europe.

The precise future order of Europe will now be determined at the second

Congress of Vienna.

The End.​

Congrats to the winners, especially to randy who chose not to stab Germany. That takes a certain kind of composure and confidence.

Nice choice of ending picture, it really illustrates the EU well :D

Congratulations to France and Germany, especially to Randakar, who took the lead in the moment I lost my lust to play. And as I have seen from the PM-fests, he has lead France far better than I did.

The first post of the general thread updated to reflect the end of the game.

Thank you, seboden. Also, congratulations on your job as GM this game. It was absolutely impeccable.
(The picture of Alpha Centauri was an especially nice touch)

Randakar, well...I'm speechless.

Amazed that I actually pulled it off, or amazed that I didn't go for total french domination?
Well. let's just say that I think having a reputation of honour and integrity will serve a person better than a reputation of stabbing other people in the back ;-)

Congratulations to France and Germany, especially to Randakar, who took the lead in the moment I lost my lust to play. And as I have seen from the PM-fests, he has lead France far better than I did.

The first post of the general thread updated to reflect the end of the game.

Thank you.
I will however point out that France couldn't have started this game on the great footing it had without you. It was an honour to serve under you.

No, I'm sorry. Can I retract my vote for Franco-German win?

I forgot to Burn Italy. :(

Oh, fine...

Randy, you are a fine and honourable mentlegen and it was a distinct pleasure to work with you. TheExecuter, I know you would have betrayed me when it suited you, but you were still a good ally. Bagricula as well.

xensphere, I can only imagine what would have happened had you sided with me instead of France...

Seboden, I have only positive things to say about your GMing. Great job!

Well done on a well played game, France and Germany. And my thanks to seboden for some classy GMing.

Thanks to my allies too, a shame things didn't go our way but we knew it was a toss up.

I take full credit for this victory. By not trying to send in an order for euro, Germany maintained its superiority. Still working on trying to figure out the rules. Will play again, and hopefully be more active next time.

Hey pal, taking full credit for the efforts of others is my thang!...:angry:

And on that note... I hereby take full credit for this Franco-German win. Clearly it would not have been possible without my tireless efforts, cunning, vision, innovation and sheer genius...

Oh and Randakar and Euro deserve a little credit too...

Here are the scenes of my triumph through the streets of Rome...

[video=youtube;RGYI1UHK5jM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYI1UHK5jM[/video]