• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Private Memoranda of S.D. Hector von Schönhof - January 6, 1905 - Oberlech, Vorarlberg

Another night of fresh snow and another day of blue skies. I was sorely tempted to abscond from Twelfth Night Mass and hike the high road to Zürs. The youngest Starsinger arrived at my door only minutes after dawn to scrawl his chalk blessing over the lintel, watched over by a kind but grizzled priest, broad as these mountains are tall.

With the wireless, the front comes even to these remote redoubts. Arlberg has few sons, but all have been given willingly to the K.u.k. Armee. None have joined the new ships being laid down in Trieste. They are a mountain people, perfect for small secretive missions in the Alps, Carpathians, or hilly Balkans.

My redoubt hums through the night with communications from my counterparts along the Tyrolian border, and even the cold clean air cannot ease my restless sleep. I think of walking with Moira along the Ringstrasse before the war and of Rainier out on the Russian steppes, drunk on youth, glory, and tokai. He should have stayed in Vienna. Taken that posting at the Spanish Riding School. An honorable post for the scion of an old if unremarkable family. In more peaceful times he might have succeeded to my posting. Moira forgive my weakness...

TheExecuter has returned, and sees that Austria is still strong...

I recommend that Austria continues under the leadership of esemesas for the time being, at least until I have cleared away the emails and the like from my life...and perhaps longer, as well.

I am glad to have given him such a strong start, and will assist in whatever way possible, with my capabilities as they are.

:D

Welcome back, my liege, the Greater Austro-Hungarian Empire is well and all your leal subjects toast your name and long-life.

I recommend that Austria continues under the leadership of esemesas for the time being, at least until I have cleared away the emails and the like from my life...and perhaps longer, as well.

I am glad to have given him such a strong start, and will assist in whatever way possible, with my capabilities as they are.

:D

It is good to see you have recovered from your illness, my Emperor. Truly this is a sign that God is on your side!

Private Memoranda of S.D. Hector von Schönhof - January 6, 1905 - Oberlech, Vorarlberg

With the wireless, the front comes even to these remote redoubts. Arlberg has few sons, but all have been given willingly to the K.u.k. Armee. None have joined the new ships being laid down in Trieste. They are a mountain people, perfect for small secretive missions in the Alps, Carpathians, or hilly Balkans.

Hey pal keep you K.u.K. out of the Italian pie.

The map is remarkably East-West symmetric right now.

The map is remarkably East-West symmetric right now.

What do you mean?

1905springmirror.png

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay