• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting results.
I think that the ottomans can cause a bit of a problem for the italians with that retreat order..

Is Russia really that stupid?

Delightfully entertaining game to watch. I'm rooting for Russia, simply because of personal affection for Taii (stockholm syndrome from the interminable previous game).

For now the personal dynamic between reis and TheExecuter is what I'm most interested in, having worked fairly closely with both of them. It is not a combination that will suggests great trust, but also one that I doubt will result in any explosions.

My space systems proposal is almost done! Only a few more hours...

...and then I can start yakking like a proper kibbutzer.

Really, Germany? I must say I did not expect that. You could have at least TRIED to get Belgium. I mean, you're already at war with the French, no harm in that, right?

This was either a massive screw up, else the Lepanto would be wise to watch their backs...

If you mean the Ionian Sea, no, they can't retreat there.

Why not? Because that's where the attack came from?
Forgot about that bit. Goes to show how well I know this game :p

Really, Germany? I must say I did not expect that. You could have at least TRIED to get Belgium. I mean, you're already at war with the French, no harm in that, right?

This was either a massive screw up, else the Lepanto would be wise to watch their backs...

I'll tell you, we didn't expect that either.

I suspect this was motivated more out of fear that the North Sea would invade Holland, while France let them walk into Belgium in order to give England an easy staging ground into Kiel or the Hegoland Bight. Would have been doubly dangerous with an army convoy (which could have headed into Belgium if Skaggerak was used to hold Sweden against any Russian aggression.)

I thought Austria-Hungary's decision unduly conservative. They could have played:

A Rumania - Galicia
A Serbia - Rumania
A Budapest S A Serbia - Rumania
A Trieste - Serbia

And almost certainly positioned themselves to take a piece of the woefully besieged Empire of All Russians. If nothing else prevent A Silesia - Galicia, which would have positioned Russia to defend its southern flank and to threaten three Austrian supply centres.

Negative, M. SMSs. Germany is only at war with Italy.

Delightfully entertaining game to watch. I'm rooting for Russia, simply because of personal affection for Taii (stockholm syndrome from the interminable previous game).

For now the personal dynamic between reis and TheExecuter is what I'm most interested in, having worked fairly closely with both of them. It is not a combination that will suggests great trust, but also one that I doubt will result in any explosions.

Looks like the winner and GM of the previous round are having a tough time. Maybe it's reis and TheExecuter taking revenge on Vainglory :D
I for one am not motivated by the injustices done on me previously :cool:

Well let's see, when nobody seems to reply to my diplomacy, despite it being completely in their best interests - I'm looking at you, Turkey - I really have no choice but to go along with the poorer option.

Maybe you are out of touch? You can always talk to me for practice.

Also, King Tamius please clear your inbox.

Last edited:
You know TE, you shouldn't even have bothered lying to me. For anyone who considers trusting TE, note that he initially asked for an alliance against Russia, but then actually stabbed me with Italy. Then he said he thought I was lying to him because my reply came late, and so he proposed new orders that worked against Italy (I'm assuming he told Italy about his faux-negotiations?). Given my situation it was pointless to not trust TE: if he was lying he could just use the three units bordering Bulgaria to take it anyway, there was nothing to be done to hold Aeg against attack, and Russia and France declined to assist. What do you know, TE betrayed me. What really gets me is that lying profited him nothing. He could have had Bulgaria without lying to me, but he didn't get it anyway. He could have had Sev if he trusted me, but didn't get it. Why even bother?

You know TE, you shouldn't even have bothered lying to me. For anyone who considers trusting TE, note that he initially asked for an alliance against Russia, but then actually stabbed me with Italy. Then he said he thought I was lying to him because my reply came late, and so he proposed new orders that worked against Italy (I'm assuming he told Italy about his faux-negotiations?). Given my situation it was pointless to not trust TE: if he was lying he could just use the three units bordering Bulgaria to take it anyway, there was nothing to be done to hold Aeg against attack, and Russia and France declined to assist. What do you know, TE betrayed me. What really gets me is that lying profited him nothing. He could have had Bulgaria without lying to me, but he didn't get it anyway. He could have had Sev if he trusted me, but didn't get it. Why even bother?

I didn't decline...