• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have 31 messages stored so basically I borken my the limit. I win the internets.
Also, inbox cleared.

Spring 1902

British Orders
F Nwy - Stp (nc)
F Nth - Ska
F Lon - Nth
A Edi Hold

French Orders
F Por - MAt
A Spa - Mar
A Bur - Bel
A Bre - Pic
A Par - Bur

German Orders
F Den - Swe
F Ber - Bal
A Hol - Bel
A Kie - Ruh
A Mun - Bur

Austrian Orders
F Alb support F Ion to Gre
A Ser to Bul
A Rum support A Ser to Bul
A Tri to Ser
A Bud support A Rum to hold

Italian Orders
F Ion - Gre
F Nap - Ion
A Tun Hold
A Ven Hold

Russian Orders
Army Fin move Swe
Fleet BoT support Army Fin move Swe
Army War move Sil
Fleet Sev support Army Rum Holding

Ottoman Orders
F Bla - Sev
A Bul S A Gre H
A Gre S A Bul H
F Smy - Aeg
A Con S A Bul H

Orders
1902springorders.png

Results

1902fall.png

The Ottoman army in Greece has no possible retreat destination and is disbanded.

Next deadline is in 24 hours, 17:00 GMT on Thursday, February the 16th.
If you need more time you can ask for a 24-hour extension via pm.

That's a nice little Lepanto you've got there, Austria-Hungary and Italy.

Looks like the eastern countries are going to be the first ones to be conquered.

Bagricula, now we could use an analysis of the game after three turns to get a discussion going.
The players are just too cautious to talk in the thread.
I would do it myself, but I have some background information from pms, so that wouldn't be proper.
Of course, Capt. Kiwi, esemesas or anyone else reading this thread would also be welcome to contribute.

Bagricula, now we could use an analysis of the game after three turns to get a discussion going.
The players are just too cautious to talk in the thread.
I would do it myself, but I have some background information from pms, so that wouldn't be proper.
Of course, Capt. Kiwi, esemesas or anyone else reading this thread would also be welcome to contribute.

Ask and ye shall receive.

*clears throat*

Welcome dear viewers to another game of Diplomacy. As always, we have Italy, Russia, Germany, France, Great Britain, Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans racing to see who can get 18 supply centers first.

Right now we are in summer of 1902 and the various alliances and rivalries are starting to become visible. Italy and Austria-Hungary seem to be starting with a traditional Lepanto to drive out those nasty Turks, but with Russia's 1901 gambit not paying off, the Ottomans might just survive this onslaught with a little bit of luck.

Meanwhile in the north Great Britain is making use of the terrible positioning of the Russian troop and has landed a fleet in St. Petersburg. With no way to push it back into the sea for the Russians, it looks like they will gia nSweden, but no builds whatsoever. Shocking to see Russia not gain a single build in two years.
The biggest question here is what does the British fleet in Skagerrak mean? Have they perhaps struck a deal with the Germans and traded Belgium for Sweden? This would mean bad news for France, who, despite gaining Iberia last year, is locked in battle with the German forces. It looks like they will lose the battle for Belgium, which might make their situation troublesome, unless they can get support from Britain or Italy. There is also a possibility for those crazy Ruskies to ruin the Germans' chances of defeating their arch-enemy France. That army in Silesia is unlikely to take Berlin, but it might just have a go at Munich.

It will be an interesting turn for sure. Will the French go all-in and invade Italy? Are the British and the Germans friends or foes? How will the Ottomans fare against the combined forces of Austria, Hungary and Italy? And will Russia succeed in furthering its inevitable collapse?

Ask and ye shall receive.

*clears throat*

Welcome dear viewers to another game of Diplomacy. As always, we have Italy, Russia, Germany, France, Great Britain, Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans racing to see who can get 18 supply centers first.

Right now we are in summer of 1902 and the various alliances and rivalries are starting to become visible. Italy and Austria-Hungary seem to be starting with a traditional Lepanto to drive out those nasty Turks, but with Russia's 1901 gambit not paying off, the Ottomans might just survive this onslaught with a little bit of luck.

Meanwhile in the north Great Britain is making use of the terrible positioning of the Russian troop and has landed a fleet in St. Petersburg. With no way to push it back into the sea for the Russians, it looks like they will gia nSweden, but no builds whatsoever. Shocking to see Russia not gain a single build in two years.
The biggest question here is what does the British fleet in Skagerrak mean? Have they perhaps struck a deal with the Germans and traded Belgium for Sweden? This would mean bad news for France, who, despite gaining Iberia last year, is locked in battle with the German forces. It looks like they will lose the battle for Belgium, which might make their situation troublesome, unless they can get support from Britain or Italy. There is also a possibility for those crazy Ruskies to ruin the Germans' chances of defeating their arch-enemy France. That army in Silesia is unlikely to take Berlin, but it might just have a go at Munich.

It will be an interesting turn for sure. Will the French go all-in and invade Italy? Are the British and the Germans friends or foes? How will the Ottomans fare against the combined forces of Austria, Hungary and Italy? And will Russia succeed in furthering its inevitable collapse?

Traditional Lepanto is A Tun - Syr or A Tun - Smy in 1902, which didn't happen yet, mostly because Turkey got two SC's. Anyway, the Lepanto doesn't require Russian help beyond the usual BLA bounce to keep F Ank trapped, and that already happened.

Actually, I admit it is pretty smart from Austria to take out Turkey first. Russia has most of the stuff in the North and thus, moving against them would make it easier for Germany and Britain to gain Russian SC's, which would in turn unbalance the West and potentially develop a strong Anglo-German alliance.

France is in no position to invade Italy, who is, unless betrayed by Austria, going to get a build this year. A Ven is still in position to keep an eye on A Mar. And, more importantly, it would be exploited by England and Germany. I think France and Italy are doing their best to secure their respective positions before the seemingly inevitable showdown.

The Russian Army Silesia is quite intriguing. Coupled with A Bur, it can mean a supported attack on Munich, forcing A Ruh to support Munich and thus making Belgium a three-way tie.

Traditional Lepanto is A Tun - Syr or A Tun - Smy in 1902, which didn't happen yet, mostly because Turkey got two SC's. Anyway, the Lepanto doesn't require Russian help beyond the usual BLA bounce to keep F Ank trapped, and that already happened.

Actually, I admit it is pretty smart from Austria to take out Turkey first. Russia has most of the stuff in the North and thus, moving against them would make it easier for Germany and Britain to gain Russian SC's, which would in turn unbalance the West and potentially develop a strong Anglo-German alliance.

France is in no position to invade Italy, who is, unless betrayed by Austria, going to get a build this year. A Ven is still in position to keep an eye on A Mar. And, more importantly, it would be exploited by England and Germany. I think France and Italy are doing their best to secure their respective positions before the seemingly inevitable showdown.

The Russian Army Silesia is quite intriguing. Coupled with A Bur, it can mean a supported attack on Munich, forcing A Ruh to support Munich and thus making Belgium a three-way tie.

I was unaware what the "traditional" Lepanto is, I was merely using the term to describe an Austro-Hungarian-Italian alliance formed to defeat the Ottomans. Still, if the Russians help them, they can take Romania, which would be their chance in repelling the attackers.

And France is in no position to invade, but never underestimate long-range alliances. If they attack Italy, the Ottomans will have much better chances at survival.

I wonder if GB will convoy that army to Norway. That could give potential to a French stab. Of course, that could at best result in one British SC taken, since they get a build. F MAt-Iri-Liv would be viable and would force the British to use their build on an army and not a fleet, while also distracting them and gaining some time to deal with the German-British alliance.

Of course, with that fleet in Skagerrak, I'm not sure they're actual allies.

You're actually right, ese. I had been focusing on what it mean't for me and assumed it was a grab for Sweden by Germany and Britain, but now that I think about it, it could be otherwise...

I don't know who I'm dealing with.

Who rules Britain?

I'd comment on these analysises but .. let's not. :p