• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I could show you a picture of a 1400 Bar World Conquest. Doesn't prove anything. 10k is a lot of money for 1462. He has no magistrates whatsoever so presumably he's built no buildings.
How many years of the game has he been big enough to consistantly have a yearly income to amass that amount? That's 20 years @ 500 ducats a year, or 40 years @ 250 ducats a year. And that's surplus to what's being spent.
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying there's really not a lot of evidence in OP.

Well, you asked for pictures. Which he did provide. If you still doubt him, you could ask for more specific pictures. If he was cheating I'd think he would have more prestige and legitimacy. And he does have magistrates, which isn't too surprising considering he's in a bad tech group.

Last edited:
I could show you a picture of a 1400 Bar World Conquest. Doesn't prove anything. 10k is a lot of money for 1462. He has no magistrates whatsoever so presumably he's built no buildings.
How many years of the game has he been big enough to consistantly have a yearly income to amass that amount? That's 20 years @ 500 ducats a year, or 40 years @ 250 ducats a year. And that's surplus to what's being spent.
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying there's really not a lot of evidence in OP.

I can say quite clearly Jake does not cheat. If you followed logically with what happens you can guess he got most of his money from 1. those prestige wars he had with the indochina PU, 2; any money he milked with ming and manchu while he was buffing up their relations to 200 (could have been bitchslapping all his neighbors during that time), and 3; once he inherited ming and manchu with all cores it's easy to see he would be swimming in dosh.

Well, I've fished out all the screenshots I've taken so far.

This was my sorry position early on. I built 2 cogs and an extra 1k troops and sail them to the mainland. Although Japan declares pretty much first thing on Ryukyu, if you hold out for long enough they will accept your entire treasury for peace. During this war I declared on Manchu. This is important because Ming guarantees everyone so I have to declare while I am currently in this Japan war with Ming on my side (Ryukyu begins guaranteed by Ming) With Japan peaced out, Ming slumbering and Manchu killing itself in crappy horde provinces, I wrestled what you see off of them. I then declared on as many folk south of Ming as possible, hoping one of them would take Ryukyu. In the end, Champa did. Then I went bankrupt.

3EAE5D714561F161027C8BAEF8A10453DA761D7E

I would have been sitting there a lot longer waiting for my prestige to recover but I got into a PU with Majapahit which sped things up a bit. I made them do a lot of fighting for me to milk prestige from the lesser countries.

54A682F76C435323353CC6001542C2F7903CC6FA

Soon enough I had the prestige to claim Ming's throne and shortly later...

5C8ED0163E244586A0F5EEB0EC188CCD2D863273

5B7754830D4E7AD1F5E8D043695FDD1242913AA4

A6143EE8AA9F13507F64546AE43C3D24FF03A0CE

As for my money, There was about 20 years between inheritance and my current situation. Census tax alone gives ~500 ducats per year and I've been minting a little while I can still enjoy +3 stability. Troops are dirt cheap. Shame they fight like dirt too.

Last edited:
This is so brilliant :)

And so deserving of some AAR :)

If you would be muslim, you could try to inherit timurids and golden horde. As they are hordes, there is no instant war, but you got worse soliders than they do.

Not an option; to become muslim I would have to bankrupt myself as an OPM in a muslim province. I'll have to settle with Buddhism. Besides, I don't think Timur and Genghis are about to stop me.

FA48876FCDF789634501FA60E2D1777920868E5B

Well, the problem is that before you will reach europe, you will reach XVI century which mean even 10k men of theirs, can defeat like 100k of yours, aspecialy if they got lucky. Also they tend to have 100K+ armies, so you could loss, MILIONS of men. Also westernization slow down the expansion... anyway i just wonder how much you will manage to conquer before you will reach XVI century.

Also, Ryuku Man, looks west. He look for places to conquer XD

Awesomeness :)

It's only 1500: that means the Europeans won't be that far ahead yet. Good work!

Very well played, Sir. Captain Awesome must be Scottish. Can you answer me a few questions pls?

1. How did you manage to "lead" the buddist rebels to your capital for changing gov. type?
2. After claiming the throne of Ming you just inherited them instantly withouth any fighting? In that case did you save/reload or was it just luck (because I nearly never does when claiming throne, I have for fight for it all the time :( )
3. What difficulty did you chose?

@Iwanow:
Europeans may be ahead in tech, but he can create Ottoman regiments soon. Should be easier with them instead of Steppe Cavalry. And later on he can spam western infantry. Should be possible imo. But he shouldn't eat all Horde territories before expandin within HRE because of the damn formal requests.

1. How did you manage to "lead" the buddist rebels to your capital for changing gov. type?
2. After claiming the throne of Ming you just inherited them instantly withouth any fighting? In that case did you save/reload or was it just luck (because I nearly never does when claiming throne, I have for fight for it all the time :( )
3. What difficulty did you chose?

1: I occupied all of Kazakh's land except for a couple of buddhist provinces then waited for them to revolt with religious rebels. I had placed my capital next to these provinces ahead of time and when the rebels popped up I surrounded them on all sides except for my capital. I attacked them and, since my province was the only province that wasn't filled with troops, they went for me. 18 months after occupation, I collapsed
2. they had a weak heir and I was fortunate enough to get the PU without save&reloading. As for inheritance, that was about 7 years later after I had used Ming&Manchu keeping them in constant war and bribing them up (only cost 6.6 ducats per bribe for some reason) When I sent my king off to die I must have spent 10 solid minutes save&reloading to get the inheritance. Say what you want about save&reloading, but this was integral to my plan and if I didn't S&R, I would have only started again from scratch and followed the same procedure until it worked. I hired an advisor for +2 diplomatic skill. I'm not sure if that helps or not.
3. This game, like almost all of my games, is played on Hard mode with random lucky nations. All other settings are normal.

EDIT: I will remain at war with Oirat Horde to prevent the Emperor from spamming me with Formal Requests. Since I doubt any HRE members have made it to the new world, I can safely dissolve the HRE within ~25 years, unlike my Golden Horde game where I had to chase them to Canada.

EDIT2: It seems Venice kept the Ottoman fleet tied up long enough for me to sneak 30,000 Ryukun troops over the sea.

Wait, Hordes are affected by Formal Request? :eek:

Wait, Hordes are affected by Formal Request? :eek:

Of course they are, and that's WAD because blah blah blah ;)

I made a personal little mod that has the sole effect of eliminating FR for hordes. (Although I guess it should also not be there for non-Christians)