• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One thing I find odd is that he got Ming in a PU so smoothly. Personally, I've never had Claim Throne to work automatically without a war because a legal heir usually spawns down the road.

You have to be lucky but it is not impossible. In my last game with Oman I managed to get a PU peacefully pretty early with very strong Mamluks. Downside was that I had to pay 60 ducats instead of 6,6 like Jake with Ming for bribing relations...which was just too expensive at that point. They were insulting me all the time.

Seeing that lucky events he was probably thinking: "Ah, well. Then lets do a WC now!"

I think his first intention was just to be a strong buddhist Ryukyu Horde.

One thing I find odd is that he got Ming in a PU so smoothly. Personally, I've never had Claim Throne to work automatically without a war because a legal heir usually spawns down the road.
If you are willing to reload an endless number of times you can just invoke the "1 million monkeys on 1 million typewriters will sometimes write shakespeare"-paradox.

The "trick" is to claim the throne of a nation that has an heir, but with a weak claim. I do this fairly regularly. If there is no heir you will most likely lose your claim because an heir is born but if there's already an heir it is unlikely to gain enough legitimacy to shake off your claim. Your bigger worry in that case is ending up on the wrong side of a succession war because someone else claimed the same throne.

It was a much easier achievement than Jihad. They have good starting Navy sliders. As long as you move quickly and know how to play EU III well, it's not that hard.
Took myself a month and a half to get this achievement.

How do you not have like 10,000 infamy?!

How do you not have like 10,000 infamy?!
For hordes the main source of infamy are burned settlements and there's no big need to do it. In worst case they will grow to 1000 and defect, but so what - you'll reconquer them again. I assume OP avoids burning any settlements (or maybe he's just careful in the peace negotiations and watches traveling colonists closely)

It was a much easier achievement than Jihad. They have good starting Navy sliders. As long as you move quickly and know how to play EU III well, it's not that hard.
Took myself a month and a half to get this achievement.

For Jihad I only had to restart once. Lost count for my attempts at this one though...

Can't you do a Jihad with any muslim country? So maybe also Ottomans. In that case it should not be THAT hard imo if you know the mechanics of the game quite well. Ottomans are very strong in hands of an experienced player.

Uh, ok. That makes it indeed "slightly" harder. At least you have coffee in Najd though^^

"My King, we dont know how to fulfill your Jihad. We do not have enough manpower and lots of Wool which also does not help much"

"Pffff, we have Coffee man. Chill."

You've got to show us the ledger when you're done with the TSC.

I have a regency for a 9 year old heir. I'm not looking forward to all this again when he comes to power.

02BAFFD7C46F83FD1DB4E4ABCF70C3B92FFDF808

BA142F3168418ADAB46EAAB113BD833362D5D319

War Exhaustion which I have been able to keep low all game has finally reached high levels. I have to be at war with a horde to stop Formal Requests which means I don't get - 0.08WE for being at "peace" and I'm getting ~0.30WE per month from attrition because my land tech gives me no bonus to supply limit. I'm glad for my +100% to forcelimits for being a horde meaning I can field over a million men but this is suffering.

About stability, I do not invest any money into stability, it's far better put into tech. If I lost stability I just have to pray I get it back. Since becoming a horde I took 2 stab hits, both for non enforcement of ordinances and I got both back from the event for having a 5* great man.

I'm amazed at how well the middle east held out. Africa had very few troops in it but the Mutapan club men died easilly enough. India and SE China were safe because I had half my army positioned there for this moment. Europe, despire being the strongest rebels, was also fairly calm due to high numbers of troops.

I think We'll be seing a Turkish nation back on the map soon though...

Yea, having a regency council is worst case for Hordes :(

It would have been great if hes like 15 or 16 years old but so...I can understand you when you do not want this mass rebellion crushing again.

Edit: Ever thought about modding TSCs out just for fun when playing a Horde?

Last edited:
muahuahaha! LOL ... Turkey back on map. And you are still in TSC, you have tons of rebels, high WE and are at war... Also, you got LOT of western countries just waiting for you to be weak so they can invade you... Also, in few years you are going to have... next TSC and new tons of rebels.