• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love this thread!

2 questions: What is that little hut looking icon on your latest rebel massacre screenshot? And what does TSC mean?

I never played as a horde before, so Im rather clueless.

I've got 1.3 million troops, unlimited manpower and get ~4 years to retake a province before it defects. I don't plan on letting loose another Candar this time.

I love this thread!

2 questions: What is that little hut looking icon on your latest rebel massacre screenshot? And what does TSC mean?

I never played as a horde before, so Im rather clueless.

The little hut means someone has sent colonists to a province to try to take it from me. Specifically, Lubeck has a colony on Mecklenburg

TSC means Tribal Succession Crisis which is what happens when your ruler dies or regency ends. It spawns rebels on every single non-core province, spawns a pretender rebel stack and gives +10 revolt risk nationwide for 2 years.

Last edited:
At least you have a very young ruler now who may live very long. Especially with s/r, otherwise you have to be once again a bit lucky ;)

The Ryukyu Horde conquest must go on!

Thanks Jake!

I love the fact that I learn new stuff about the game almost every day, and I've played it for over a year now :)

Does that mean you plan to finish the WC by the end of his reign?

Does that mean you plan to finish the WC by the end of his reign?

Of mainland Europe, yes. It is impossible for me to do a WC before this ruler dies while staying as a Horde because of Island nations which I cannot get to. I cannot even use ships around Europe because I cannot sail around Africa due to Terra Incongneta, nor can I build ships in Europe for another ~30 years. That writes off any chance of taking England & Cyprus. Also there are the American natives to worry about.

Japan is going to be a problem. I was hoping that Korea would have colonised the area north of Japan by now allowing me to munch on them horde-style from there but this has not happened. Is conquering Japan as a non-horde still glitched?

Huh Anyway you did conquered most of the world in 30 years from becoming a horde. So I think i were right, and you can actualy conquer the world before 1500, as timurids, aspecialy if you PU all the muslim hordes (to gain free cores - altaic culture group). Then you got still about 50 years to conquer all the countries that are on islands/not reachable by land.

right click and select "view image" to see it in full size.

I did collapse into a horde. This, coupled with the fact that I can build boats, means I should be able to conquer the entire world like I did in my golden horde game, without reforming the government.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...DW)-Empire&p=13350844&viewfull=1#post13350844

I'll probably reform it towards the end to speed up picking off the island nations like Cyprus and Ireland though.

My initial move as Ryukyu was to wrestle a single province off of Manchu while they were fighting the hordes themselves. Then I lost Okinawa to Champa and went bankrupt. That made me into a Manchurian Confusion country. I got lucky and formed a PU with Majapahti who I used to beat up other nations for prestige until I could take Ming's throne. I used ming to force a PU on Manchu then kept them in a state of war until I bribed them up to 200 relations. I ended the war and sent my old king into savage land to die to natives and bam, Ryukyu China.

After that I beat down Kazakh until some of their buddhist religious rebels popped up. I smacked them onto my capital and 18 months later you have Buddhist Ryukyun Horde: Peace through War.

when you say "I could take ming´s throne" how do you do that? I know it has something with succesful despute to do with but I can´t find how to use this knowledge

Timurids have the option to form the Mughals which also changes tech group to Muslim. My choices are either to collapse to religious rebels or reform the government.

Government reform requires Gov. tech 10 and an Admin 7 ruler. My current tech levels are 5/4/4/4/7. I am most certainly collapsing.

If you collapse, don't you risk rebels breaking away? How do you do so in a controlled manner?

when you say "I could take ming´s throne" how do you do that? I know it has something with succesful despute to do with but I can´t find how to use this knowledge

Ming, like any monarchy, can have a disputed succession. If you have over 50 legitimacy and more prestige than them, you can claim the throne (it's a diplomatic option like declaring war or making alliances) and if their ruler dies without an heir, you will form a personal union. It also gives you a casus Belli to fight them for the throne. You can only marry and claim thrones with nations of your own religious group, so I had to go bankrupt as an one province country in order to change my religious group from Pagan to ...whatever group Buddhism is

If you collapse, don't you risk rebels breaking away? How do you do so in a controlled manner?

If I let religious rebels take -only- my capital, I will collapse without spitting out nations.

It's 1546 now. Mainland Europe has been mostly polished off. I finally have cores on coastal provinces where I can build ships in Europe so next stop is the British Isles!

War Exhaustion which I have been able to keep low all game has finally reached high levels. I have to be at war with a horde to stop Formal Requests which means I don't get - 0.08WE for being at "peace" and I'm getting ~0.30WE per month from attrition because my land tech gives me no bonus to supply limit.
As a horde you don't need to worry about Formal Request too much - just give the emperor that province and promptly take it over again. In any case, it shouldn't take long to dismantle HRE - perhaps ~10years after you come into contact with HRE?

Tempted just to let them keep that land until my next TSC passes. There ended up being 50k of rebels wandering around Bursa and I was not going to touch them with my chinese strawmen.
Wouldn't you be better off by giving them their demands after they took the first province?

Huh Anyway you did conquered most of the world in 30 years from becoming a horde. So I think i were right, and you can actualy conquer the world before 1500, as timurids, aspecialy if you PU all the muslim hordes (to gain free cores - altaic culture group). Then you got still about 50 years to conquer all the countries that are on islands/not reachable by land.
Conquering the connected continents with Timurids (or GH) is not a problem. But researching trade-7 by 1450 is more problematic (if you're conquering everything in sight). In GH game I'm carefully choosing what to conquer - so that I advance my borders while still keeping research costs somewhat reasonable. I'm almost certain now that WC before 1500 is doable (perhaps something around 1490 finishing date), but it requires somewhat careful planning. Btw, I wasn't able to PU any muslim horde

My nation refuses to collapse back into a regular old monarchy so it looks like I'll be dossing about as a horde for a few more decades until I can reform government and remove the half dozen or so nations left on the planet.

Tomorrow.

Ofc. There is nothing better than to serve and live in a buddhist Ryukyu Horde society. Some blinded nationalists may revolt after knowing that the Great Khan is dead but the rest knows he is the reincarnated Son of God.