+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything I have done in EU3 has been a lead up to this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    How on earth do you have positive stability? I'm playing a Chagatai game, eating SE Asia (and Ming soon), and I haven't had positive stability in probably 50 or so game years. And my game is like at 1460 or something.

Also: you, sir, are as close to godliness as it gets on these fora. I am in awe.
    China & south Asia in general is a very wealthy area. One reason for the implementation of the Ming factions was to keep Ming from being an a-historic wrecking ball like it often was in past versions due to being filthy rich. Since he will have 5 merchants mostly/entirely unopposed in all Asian CoTs at this point due to range and/or map spread limitations he is making serious bank and can buy stability. Central Asia OTOH is probably the poorest area of the map-low tax, low value trade goods, and so on.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

One thing I find odd is that he got Ming in a PU so smoothly. Personally, I've never had Claim Throne to work automatically without a war because a legal heir usually spawns down the road.

Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicć
    You have to be lucky but it is not impossible. In my last game with Oman I managed to get a PU peacefully pretty early with very strong Mamluks. Downside was that I had to pay 60 ducats instead of 6,6 like Jake with Ming for bribing relations...which was just too expensive at that point. They were insulting me all the time.

Seeing that lucky events he was probably thinking: "Ah, well. Then lets do a WC now!"

I think his first intention was just to be a strong buddhist Ryukyu Horde.
    Bored of vanilla DW? Try out Death & Taxes mod! More balanced sliders/NI's, unique missions, more nations and an extended timeline (1356-1861) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-and-More!%29

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    One thing I find odd is that he got Ming in a PU so smoothly. Personally, I've never had Claim Throne to work automatically without a war because a legal heir usually spawns down the road.
    If you are willing to reload an endless number of times you can just invoke the "1 million monkeys on 1 million typewriters will sometimes write shakespeare"-paradox.

Ship Simulator Extremes

A strong independant Buddhist Horde who don't need no Okinawa
    Last edited by DDRJake; 08-06-2012 at 01:10. Reason: Stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    The "trick" is to claim the throne of a nation that has an heir, but with a weak claim. I do this fairly regularly. If there is no heir you will most likely lose your claim because an heir is born but if there's already an heir it is unlikely to gain enough legitimacy to shake off your claim. Your bigger worry in that case is ending up on the wrong side of a succession war because someone else claimed the same throne.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    It was a much easier achievement than Jihad. They have good starting Navy sliders. As long as you move quickly and know how to play EU III well, it's not that hard.
    Took myself a month and a half to get this achievement.

How do you not have like 10,000 infamy?!
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    How do you not have like 10,000 infamy?!
    For hordes the main source of infamy are burned settlements and there's no big need to do it. In worst case they will grow to 1000 and defect, but so what - you'll reconquer them again. I assume OP avoids burning any settlements (or maybe he's just careful in the peace negotiations and watches traveling colonists closely)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    It was a much easier achievement than Jihad. They have good starting Navy sliders. As long as you move quickly and know how to play EU III well, it's not that hard.
    Took myself a month and a half to get this achievement.
    For Jihad I only had to restart once. Lost count for my attempts at this one though...

Can't you do a Jihad with any muslim country? So maybe also Ottomans. In that case it should not be THAT hard imo if you know the mechanics of the game quite well. Ottomans are very strong in hands of an experienced player.
    Bored of vanilla DW? Try out Death & Taxes mod! More balanced sliders/NI's, unique missions, more nations and an extended timeline (1356-1861) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-and-More!%29

Ship Simulator Extremes

Jihad must be done with Najd.

Uh, ok. That makes it indeed "slightly" harder. At least you have coffee in Najd though^^

"My King, we dont know how to fulfill your Jihad. We do not have enough manpower and lots of Wool which also does not help much"

"Pffff, we have Coffee man. Chill."

Its easy to start conquering as Najd... Its just... TSC.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

You've got to show us the ledger when you're done with the TSC.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    -George Orwell

Ship Simulator Extremes

I have a regency for a 9 year old heir. I'm not looking forward to all this again when he comes to power.

War Exhaustion which I have been able to keep low all game has finally reached high levels. I have to be at war with a horde to stop Formal Requests which means I don't get - 0.08WE for being at "peace" and I'm getting ~0.30WE per month from attrition because my land tech gives me no bonus to supply limit. I'm glad for my +100% to forcelimits for being a horde meaning I can field over a million men but this is suffering.

About stability, I do not invest any money into stability, it's far better put into tech. If I lost stability I just have to pray I get it back. Since becoming a horde I took 2 stab hits, both for non enforcement of ordinances and I got both back from the event for having a 5* great man.

I'm amazed at how well the middle east held out. Africa had very few troops in it but the Mutapan club men died easilly enough. India and SE China were safe because I had half my army positioned there for this moment. Europe, despire being the strongest rebels, was also fairly calm due to high numbers of troops.

I think We'll be seing a Turkish nation back on the map soon though...

Yea, having a regency council is worst case for Hordes

It would have been great if hes like 15 or 16 years old but so...I can understand you when you do not want this mass rebellion crushing again.

Edit: Ever thought about modding TSCs out just for fun when playing a Horde?
    Last edited by Uebergold; 08-02-2012 at 17:08.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

muahuahaha! LOL ... Turkey back on map. And you are still in TSC, you have tons of rebels, high WE and are at war... Also, you got LOT of western countries just waiting for you to be weak so they can invade you... Also, in few years you are going to have... next TSC and new tons of rebels.

Ship Simulator Extremes

1st October, 1518.

Tempted just to let them keep that land until my next TSC passes. There ended up being 50k of rebels wandering around Bursa and I was not going to touch them with my chinese strawmen.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Now, i just wonder how long you will keep being a horde...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast