+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything I have done in EU3 has been a lead up to this moment.

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed AndrewMarr's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    Er.. he posted a picture in the OP. And then another one in post #5.
    I could show you a picture of a 1400 Bar World Conquest. Doesn't prove anything. 10k is a lot of money for 1462. He has no magistrates whatsoever so presumably he's built no buildings.
    How many years of the game has he been big enough to consistantly have a yearly income to amass that amount? That's 20 years @ 500 ducats a year, or 40 years @ 250 ducats a year. And that's surplus to what's being spent.
    I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying there's really not a lot of evidence in OP.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMarr View Post
    I could show you a picture of a 1400 Bar World Conquest. Doesn't prove anything. 10k is a lot of money for 1462. He has no magistrates whatsoever so presumably he's built no buildings.
    How many years of the game has he been big enough to consistantly have a yearly income to amass that amount? That's 20 years @ 500 ducats a year, or 40 years @ 250 ducats a year. And that's surplus to what's being spent.
    I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying there's really not a lot of evidence in OP.
    Well, you asked for pictures. Which he did provide. If you still doubt him, you could ask for more specific pictures. If he was cheating I'd think he would have more prestige and legitimacy. And he does have magistrates, which isn't too surprising considering he's in a bad tech group.
    Last edited by Ruanek; 07-02-2012 at 04:51.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMarr View Post
    I can say quite clearly Jake does not cheat. If you followed logically with what happens you can guess he got most of his money from 1. those prestige wars he had with the indochina PU, 2; any money he milked with ming and manchu while he was buffing up their relations to 200 (could have been bitchslapping all his neighbors during that time), and 3; once he inherited ming and manchu with all cores it's easy to see he would be swimming in dosh.
    All the world's a stage and everyone is an actor.
    Too bad I'm a terrible Actor.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Well, I've fished out all the screenshots I've taken so far.

This was my sorry position early on. I built 2 cogs and an extra 1k troops and sail them to the mainland. Although Japan declares pretty much first thing on Ryukyu, if you hold out for long enough they will accept your entire treasury for peace. During this war I declared on Manchu. This is important because Ming guarantees everyone so I have to declare while I am currently in this Japan war with Ming on my side (Ryukyu begins guaranteed by Ming) With Japan peaced out, Ming slumbering and Manchu killing itself in crappy horde provinces, I wrestled what you see off of them. I then declared on as many folk south of Ming as possible, hoping one of them would take Ryukyu. In the end, Champa did. Then I went bankrupt.

I would have been sitting there a lot longer waiting for my prestige to recover but I got into a PU with Majapahit which sped things up a bit. I made them do a lot of fighting for me to milk prestige from the lesser countries.

Soon enough I had the prestige to claim Ming's throne and shortly later...

As for my money, There was about 20 years between inheritance and my current situation. Census tax alone gives ~500 ducats per year and I've been minting a little while I can still enjoy +3 stability. Troops are dirt cheap. Shame they fight like dirt too.
    Last edited by DDRJake; 01-10-2013 at 12:24. Reason: broken links, spelling

If you've ever played Ming, then you'll know that 10k is nothing. And he's bigger than Ming.

This is so brilliant

And so deserving of some AAR

Ship Simulator Extremes

We ain't stoppin' 'till we hit Lisboa

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

If you would be muslim, you could try to inherit timurids and golden horde. As they are hordes, there is no instant war, but you got worse soliders than they do.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    If you would be muslim, you could try to inherit timurids and golden horde. As they are hordes, there is no instant war, but you got worse soliders than they do.
    Not an option; to become muslim I would have to bankrupt myself as an OPM in a muslim province. I'll have to settle with Buddhism. Besides, I don't think Timur and Genghis are about to stop me.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Wow. Just... wow. <3
    Choose again.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well, the problem is that before you will reach europe, you will reach XVI century which mean even 10k men of theirs, can defeat like 100k of yours, aspecialy if they got lucky. Also they tend to have 100K+ armies, so you could loss, MILIONS of men. Also westernization slow down the expansion... anyway i just wonder how much you will manage to conquer before you will reach XVI century.

Also, Ryuku Man, looks west. He look for places to conquer XD

Ship Simulator Extremes

1497. Ryukyuns troops prove that they alone are the fastest, strongest and most resiliant troops in the planet.

Ottoman has me blocked off at Thrace, I'll need to give him the reacharound through what's left of the Golden Horde.

Did you yet reached any european army? As those turkey seem to be quite weak, and lack in tech...

Awesomeness

It's only 1500: that means the Europeans won't be that far ahead yet. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Awesomeness

It's only 1500: that means the Europeans won't be that far ahead yet. Good work!
    Far enough to be a big problem. Also eastern nations like poland, moscow, etc. got better calvary at tech 10.

Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicę
    Very well played, Sir. Captain Awesome must be Scottish. Can you answer me a few questions pls?

1. How did you manage to "lead" the buddist rebels to your capital for changing gov. type?
    2. After claiming the throne of Ming you just inherited them instantly withouth any fighting? In that case did you save/reload or was it just luck (because I nearly never does when claiming throne, I have for fight for it all the time )
    3. What difficulty did you chose?

@Iwanow:
    Europeans may be ahead in tech, but he can create Ottoman regiments soon. Should be easier with them instead of Steppe Cavalry. And later on he can spam western infantry. Should be possible imo. But he shouldn't eat all Horde territories before expandin within HRE because of the damn formal requests.
    Bored of vanilla DW? Try out Death & Taxes mod! More balanced sliders/NI's, unique missions, more nations and an extended timeline (1356-1861) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-and-More!%29

If he dissolves HRE there will be no formal requests, but ur right, he need to be at war to not get them .

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by Uebergold View Post
    1. How did you manage to "lead" the buddist rebels to your capital for changing gov. type?
    2. After claiming the throne of Ming you just inherited them instantly withouth any fighting? In that case did you save/reload or was it just luck (because I nearly never does when claiming throne, I have for fight for it all the time )
    3. What difficulty did you chose?
    1: I occupied all of Kazakh's land except for a couple of buddhist provinces then waited for them to revolt with religious rebels. I had placed my capital next to these provinces ahead of time and when the rebels popped up I surrounded them on all sides except for my capital. I attacked them and, since my province was the only province that wasn't filled with troops, they went for me. 18 months after occupation, I collapsed
    2. they had a weak heir and I was fortunate enough to get the PU without save&reloading. As for inheritance, that was about 7 years later after I had used Ming&Manchu keeping them in constant war and bribing them up (only cost 6.6 ducats per bribe for some reason) When I sent my king off to die I must have spent 10 solid minutes save&reloading to get the inheritance. Say what you want about save&reloading, but this was integral to my plan and if I didn't S&R, I would have only started again from scratch and followed the same procedure until it worked. I hired an advisor for +2 diplomatic skill. I'm not sure if that helps or not.
    3. This game, like almost all of my games, is played on Hard mode with random lucky nations. All other settings are normal.

EDIT: I will remain at war with Oirat Horde to prevent the Emperor from spamming me with Formal Requests. Since I doubt any HRE members have made it to the new world, I can safely dissolve the HRE within ~25 years, unlike my Golden Horde game where I had to chase them to Canada.

EDIT2: It seems Venice kept the Ottoman fleet tied up long enough for me to sneak 30,000 Ryukun troops over the sea.

Wait, Hordes are affected by Formal Request?

Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicę
    Yes, found it out in my Golden Horde game... I was like "This must be a joke" Sadly, it was not.
    Bored of vanilla DW? Try out Death & Taxes mod! More balanced sliders/NI's, unique missions, more nations and an extended timeline (1356-1861) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-and-More!%29

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast