• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(430511)

Corporal
3 Badges
Jan 2, 2012
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
Hi guys,

firstly, I want to build up my airforce. I have detached air units (interceptors/bombers) to make them sepeartely selected but not sure to bunch them up with other units, which are the same. I am left with about 30 different interceptors which need to be selected individually, rather than selcted in several groups.

secondly, I am researching Jet engines. When this technology has been researched, will my fighters automatically be upgraded or will I have to build new units to take advantage of the technology? If they are upgraded, is there a certain amount of time this process will take?

Thanks

asl

You group air units like you do with naval or land units (single brigades or small divisions). Rebase a few units in an air field and select them all by draging box over the air field. In the upper bar, I think to the left, of the multiple unit interface, you have a merge button. If you selected only two groups (or deselected down to two), you can also reorganize them, moving individual units between the groups.

Note that air units have rather large stacking penalties. You don't want more than 3-5 air units in a single combat, and thus in a group.

Yes, like most techs jet engines upgrade onto existing units after they are researched. And like other techs, it takes some time and investment of IC in »Upgrades« in order to complete the change.

hi guys

I have a problem with a bug where my ships all have wrong seadefence values.
ex. BB have 5 as sea defence while DD have 15 sea defence, CA have 8 sea defence
makes navalwarfare pretty mush f*****************up

reinstalling does`t help

ex. BB have 5 as sea defence while DD have 15 sea defence, CA have 8 sea defence

reinstalling does`t help
This isn't the »normal« Quick Answer thread, just a similarly named one. Neither is this really a Quick question, but rather a tech support issue.

Nevertheless, I have never heard of a probblem such as yours. That reinstallment doesn't help sounds extremely weird. These values are governed by plain text files. I suggest double-checking these files. I can't direct you to them right now though, sorry.

It's supposed to be this way since FTM.

Since sea defence is the chance to avoid taking damage at all, smaller and more agile ships have higher values.

Large ships instead have higher hull values, making them considerably more durable even if they are easier to hit.
(basically if you have 2 hull instead of 1 you can take twice as many hits).