• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question, does those inaccuracies existed before AHD and not fixed in AHD count?

1. In 1836, the North-western border of China

The Outer Northwest China is not included

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_China
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_talk:Qing_Dynasty_1820.png
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:China_and_Japan,_John_Nicaragua_Dower_(1844).jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Qing_Dynasty_1820.png

2. The administrative divisions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qing#Administrative_divisions

3. Names of Sub-states
Yes I know the sub-states are a gameplay feature, but with some little work they can be at least more plausible:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viceroy_(China)
And Xinjiang/Mongolia have their own sub-state for sure

Last edited:
Sarawak should probably be independant from Brunei in the 1860s.

Well, I believe the White Rajahs were active as far back as 1836, so maybe that should be the case in the GC as well?

Can somebody explain to me why Romania starts with no techs in the AHD scenario? Did Paradox just forget to give them some techs or is there some reason for this?
I thinks this is quite an important historical inaccuracy.

Can somebody explain to me why Romania starts with no techs in the AHD scenario? Did Paradox just forget to give them some techs or is there some reason for this?

That's likely an oversight. They gave 1861 techs to Moldavia and Wallachia, even though they don't exist.

Ok, I've posted the map error stuff as a Bug Report; here. If other people want to put other map inaccuracies in there ok, but I think we should have separate reports for tech and oob errors.

i posted a bug about it in the bug forum. they said it was an oversight.

Well, that's true, but that's because the Netherlands has cores on all of Belgium. Same with USA & CSA. But no, I've never ever seen the situation you describe. To be honest, I'm almost certain you are misremembering, unless you are playing with some mod.

Belgium has Flanders and Wallonia cores, but not Netherlands cores.

Paraguay

I find it rediculous to compare what Paraguay looks like and how it functions in V2 compared to V1

In V2 it's stripped down from previous 11 provinces to 5. Basically they gave away 2/3 of territory to Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia and reduced the country to borders it never had.

These are the borders Paraguay had really and which it had in V1

I mean, why couldn't they just stuck with the old ones? :rolleyes:

I find it interesting to play with Paraguay because it was a stabile military dictatiorship with strong economy versus every other latin american country which were unstable wannabe-democracies and it's also a big challange to win in War of Tripple Alliance.

But that war makes no sense whatsoever in V2 because those areas are already AWARDED to neighbouring countries.

I realize that Paraguay isn't a huge factor overall but it was in Latin America where it started both of it's top two bloddiest and longest wars!

Here it's reduced to a non-factor.

South America is incredibly a-historical, with most of the borders being the way they were on the onset of the Ecuadorian-Peruvian War in 1941, despite the fact that the borders between 1836 and 1941 changed a crapton. Hell, Peru-Bolivia doesn't exist at all.

South America is incredibly a-historical, with most of the borders being the way they were on the onset of the Ecuadorian-Peruvian War in 1941, despite the fact that the borders between 1836 and 1941 changed a crapton. Hell, Peru-Bolivia doesn't exist at all.

Yes, I don't understand why don't they just incorporate events from VIP of the original game, I mean it's common sense.

Paraguay didn´t have either a stong economy and a strong dictatorship (Lopez was borderline crazy) and the only reason the war dragged so long was due to geography (land communications were ridiculously sluggish) and Paraguay was full of marshes. And as is common with wars in tropical countries more people died of disease than in the fighting.

In 1836: Maastricht province as part of the Netherlands is premature.

At the start of the 1836 GC game is the Dutch possession of the game province Maastricht premature.

The population of what became later Dutch Limburg have joined the Belgian struggle of independence in 1830 too. Only the cities of Maastricht, Venlo and the town of Mook in the most northern part of the province remained in possession of the Netherlands due the existence of strong Dutch army regiments there. Historical was the bulk of Dutch Limburg (the game province Maastricht) until 1839 in possession of Belgium. Finally the Dutch King signed the London Treaty in 1839 under the condition that the eastern parts of the Belgian provinces Luxembourg and Limburg return to him. This means that it is in my opinion historical correct that at the start of the GC game Maastricht is under Belgian control, The Netherlands gain the game province Maastricht by capturing it or due signing the Treaty of London.

The reason why the major powers of Europe (especially Prussia) granted the eastern part of the in 1815 created province Limburg to the Dutch king had to do with the existence of the German Confederation. During the 1815-1830 period of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands was Luxembourg not one of its a provinces. Luxembourg was (in game terms) a vassal state due its personal union with the Dutch king also being the Duke of Luxembourg. Original enclosed the territory of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg also the present day Belgian province Luxembourg. Further was Luxembourg as a duchy a member state of the German Confederation. The Treaty of London split the territory of Luxembourg in two parts, the western French speaking part, including the area of Arlon, was handed over to Belgium. The remaining Luxembourgish speaking part re-established in 1839 its personal union with the Dutch king and continued its membership with the German Confederation.

Because its territorial losses regarding the western part of Luxembourg the German Confederation got a compensation. To appease Prussia, which had also lost access to the Meuse River after the Congress of Vienna, the territory of the in 1815 created province of Limburg was in 1839, according to the Treaty of London, split in a Belgian and Dutch part. The Dutch part (with exception of the strongholds Maastricht and Venlo) received the status Duchy of Limburg, and joined the German Confederation. It was after the collapse of the German Confederation in 1866 that Dutch Limburg became fully integrated into the Netherlands, but for a period after that (a part of) the Limburg's population maintained strong inclining feelings for Belgium or Prussia.

In game terms this historical facts should in my opinion means: The game provinces Maastricht and Luxembourg should be at the start of the GC in 1836 under control of Belgium until these is conquered or The Netherlands signed the Treaty of London. After Belgium cede Maastricht as a result of the Treaty of London, to the Netherlands the Maastricht province should receive the status Duchy of Limburg, being a special vassal state of the Dutch Kingdom, unbreakable tied in the Dutch SOI were the Dutch economy receive from Maastricht the full 100% of its resources and products. Luxembourg should get its status as being a vassal nation of the Netherlands as it premature have at the start of the 1836 GC game.

Regarding Maasticht, the only two in game difference between the special vassal status and fully integrated into The Netherlands should by that (1) the Maastricht soldier pop's can not integrate into the Dutch army. And (2) after the Dutch signed the Tready of London, Maastricht is (due joining as the Duchy of Limburg the German Confideration) not only a core province for The Netherlands but for Prussia too. It is historical correct that Prussia consider Maastricht as one of its core provinces until Prussia accept The Second Tready of Londen, in real history signed in 1867. The special vassal status of Maastricht remains until it is fully integrated into The Netherlands as a normal Dutch province as the regular consequence of the Dutch signing of the 2nd Treaty of London. In real history a period of war threat between The Netherlands and Prussia existed after Bismarck demanded Dutch Limburg's entry into the North German Confederation after the collapse of the German Confederation in 1866.

See also: The Duchy of Limburg between 1839-1866