• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The area around Messilla was definately under Confederate control at the time the 1861 scenario starts. The area was heavily contested til 1863 with about 3000 soldiers fighting over it on each side. Sadly the province borders don't allow for anything resembling the CSA Arizona Territory. Perhaps the map should be changed to reflect the CSA Arizona Territory borders. It's probably not going to be something done officially as PI rarely does map changes for patches.

Indian Territory was definately in CSA hands by 1861 as the USA had pulled out all troops to fight in other theaters.

The rest of the border states should be under USA control though. Missouri should have a CSA force near it as in August the Confederates had a major victory there, gaining them southern Missouri for a while. Not sure if that's already in the game, not at my game PC right now.

South America has lots of issues, south america in the first years of game:http://i.imgur.com/gTT0B.png
Source:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Non-Native_American_Nations_Control_over_South_America_1700_and_on.gif

Some issues: colombia has a brazilian territory, no riograndense republic or juliana republic, no peru-bolivian confederation, paraguay has less territories, also, brazil has to fight a war with bolivia to acquire the amazon region(acre), instead of buying it and a civil war in the united provinces of central america never happens.

West Virginia should be a Confederate state until June 1863, when it seceded to the US.

West Virginia was very pro-Union even in 1861. While it might not have officially seceded yet, de facto it was under Union control. It has the added bonus of making the Confederates fight worse the as it's foreign territory. Makes it more likely for them to lose every major battle in that area, like they did in RL.

Someone should post this (the list of inaccuracies now in the first post) to the Bug Report forum, the Devs don't necessarily check threads like this much, so making an official report might be better at getting their attention (especially as they're currently making a patch and should be able to easily fix these things now).

I have a question: Can we use this thread to discuss inaccuracies for the 1836 scenario as well as the new scenario?

Absolutley - I can create a new section in the list

Oh, excellent in that case. I'd like to point out the most blatant oversight being the complete lack of a Peru-Bolivian confederation in the 1836 scenario. The Gran Chaco is debatable as to who controlled it more, Bolivia or Paraguay, but Peru-Bolivia was there, and it affected South America politically very thoroughly. It was a centerpiece of attention and the only nations that had no immediate interest in its fate were Venezuela, Uruguay, and Brazil to an extent. Everybody had its eye on taking a chunk out of it, due to the fear of its potential such a union would have. I'll post anything else I think of later.

Well I think the historical inaccuracies in 1836 are well known (at least to the modding community, who have created many mods to deal with this), I think for this thread we should focus only on things which the Devs are actually capable of doing (or what they're likely to do) for a patch, because if you want a 100% accurate starting scenario you'd have to create a significant number of new countries, which the Devs aren't going to do for a patch.

We all know that Peru-Bolivia should exist at the start, but the Devs aren't going to add that if we suggest it (maybe they'd create a satellite relationship between them though), if we want to do that stuff then that's for the modding forum (in fact there's not much point in talking about creating mods for Peru-Bolivia, since it's already been done in most mods).

So again, I'd say let's keep this to a simple list of historical errors that we can present to the Devs which they can easily implement in a patch.

Well I think the historical inaccuracies in 1836 are well known (at least to the modding community, who have created many mods to deal with this), I think for this thread we should focus only on things which the Devs are actually capable of doing (or what they're likely to do) for a patch, because if you want a 100% accurate starting scenario you'd have to create a significant number of new countries, which the Devs aren't going to do for a patch.

We all know that Peru-Bolivia should exist at the start, but the Devs aren't going to add that if we suggest it (maybe they'd create a satellite relationship between them though), if we want to do that stuff then that's for the modding forum (in fact there's not much point in talking about creating mods for Peru-Bolivia, since it's already been done in most mods).

So again, I'd say let's keep this to a simple list of historical errors that we can present to the Devs which they can easily implement in a patch.

I know it's true that the Devs more or less put their foot on the 1836 scenario and said no changes, but it's worth bringing up IMO. South America may just be Paradox's most ignored region, other than Africa.

I know it's true that the Devs more or less put their foot on the 1836 scenario and said no changes, but it's worth bringing up IMO. South America may just be Paradox's most ignored region, other than Africa.

Sure, I'm not say don't talk about inaccuracies in 1836, I'm saying make suggestions that they will actually change (and show with clear evidence why something is wrong). There's no point in suggestion new countries (as much as I would like to see many), they just won't add them in a patch (they didn't even add any in an expansion). For adding new countries, there’s always modding.

I believe people have brought up things like Gran Columbia (as a formable nation) and Peru-Bolivia before, and someone from Paradox has said they wouldn't add them.

I'm surprised no-one has brought up the fact that France is listed in the 1861 scenario as an hms_government with universal voting-- when, in fact, Napoleon III was already Emperor of the Second Empire (and had been since 1852).

I'm surprised no-one has brought up the fact that France is listed in the 1861 scenario as an hms_government with universal voting-- when, in fact, Napoleon III was already Emperor of the Second Empire (and had been since 1852).

That's because they're far too busy fussing over the ACW to notice. ;)

Second Empire had the tricolour flag and was supposedly not autocratic. It was an absolute monarchy but when you can choose the ruling party in a hms government I'm not sure the differance is that important.

The second empire should probably be a hms government with universal suffrage but appointed upper house and no political party reforms so there isn't actually any democratic process you don't want.

I think we should post this as a bug report now. We just need to make a clear list of things that the Devs can easily fix, I'm thinking...

* Paraguay should own Alto Paraguay in 1836 and 1861.

* The Dominican Republic should be a Colony of Spain in 1861. It reverted to this status only a month before the start date (see here).

* In both 1836 and 1861, Tunis should be a either a Satellite, or in the sphere of the Ottoman Empire, not a possession of it.

* The Ionian Islands should still be a satellite of Britain in 1861 and not a part of Greece yet. The Treaty of London handing over the islands wasn't signed until 1864.

* Ifni province should be owned by Spain in 1861. They captured it in the Spanish–Moroccan War in 1860.

* Zanzibar should exist as a starting country in 1861 (its cores are already there). It gained independence from Oman a few months before the start of the game (see here).

* France should not control the main Comoros Islands in 1861, only Mayotte. They gained Mayotte in 1841, but didn't establish a protectorate over the other islands until 1886 (see here).

* Holstein should still be a Satellite of Denmark rather than a part of Prussia in 1861, the Second Schleswig War didn't happen until 1864.

Anymore definite things I should post with this? And I don't mean vague stuff like "make the Ottomans better".

Sure, I'm not say don't talk about inaccuracies in 1836, I'm saying make suggestions that they will actually change (and show with clear evidence why something is wrong). There's no point in suggestion new countries (as much as I would like to see many), they just won't add them in a patch (they didn't even add any in an expansion). For adding new countries, there’s always modding.

Podcat posted a screenshot of Taiping in the Why No Taiping Rebellion? thread. So any statement that they won't add new countries is false.