+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does demobilization work?

Sergeant
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

How does demobilization work?

When I demobilize it always seems that I have some units left from the ones that were mobilized and some missing from my normal units. In addition, why are all the reserves infantry? Shouldn't there be a mix.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by bobwalt View Post
    When I demobilize it always seems that I have some units left from the ones that were mobilized and some missing from my normal units. In addition, why are all the reserves infantry? Shouldn't there be a mix.
    If you're conscripting ordinary people, it's easiest to just give them a gun and tell them to shoot, instead of training them with horses or artillery or tanks or airplanes.

I always imagined these reserves not as real "reserve troops" (because those would be the available soldier pops which are not yet "built"), but more like some last ditch troops like the Prussian Landwehr.

+ Reply to Thread