+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I can't get any bureaucrats

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I can't get any bureaucrats

I've had admin spending at maximum since 1836. It's 1903 and I still have 0 bureaucrats in many of my provinces, like Michigan which is still in colony status. What am I doing wrong?

Use national focus to encourage bureaucrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugman View Post
    I've had admin spending at maximum since 1836. It's 1903 and I still have 0 bureaucrats in many of my provinces, like Michigan which is still in colony status. What am I doing wrong?
    National focuses are quite important for raising bureaucrats, as well as giving them good wages and such on the budget screen. Remember to also keep their taxes at a level that keeps them out of poverty, but not too wealthy; you don't want them getting better jobs as clergy or officers.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I failed to mention that I've had that national focus on Michigan for years and still no bureaucrats. Their wages as far as I know can only be managed using the administrative budget slider and as I said that's been maxed the entire time. I've also had taxes very low on the middle class (like 10% I think).

I failed to mention that I've had that national focus on Michigan for years and still no bureaucrats. Their wages as far as I know can only be managed using the administrative budget slider and as I said that's been maxed the entire time. I've also had taxes very low on the middle class (like 10% I think).
    Very low taxes on the middle class and maximum wages for bureaucrats is a bad thing for keeping bureaucrats. If they're too wealthy they'll promote into other professions.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Your poor pops also need to have enough money to promote to bureaucrats.

Ok, I'll try lowering taxes on the poor and raising taxes on the middle class and see how that works. Thanks. Any other way I can try to make sure my poor have enough money to promote? Other than making sure they aren't unemployed?

Ok, I'll try lowering taxes on the poor and raising taxes on the middle class and see how that works. Thanks. Any other way I can try to make sure my poor have enough money to promote? Other than making sure they aren't unemployed?
    Increasing your tax efficiency gives you more wiggle-room to shift your tax burden and still maintain a positive income. Also, make sure your lower class pops can actually buy the goods they want; you may have to sphere or conquer some territory if you can't obtain enough.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

if you have trouble getting bureaucrats in colonies, try NF officers, then after nf crats
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This thread reminds me that we need a Toledo War event. Just a little secession of the two and have their soldier pops duke it out. I wonder if you could mod that.

+ Reply to Thread