+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Blut und Eisen" - A Balance Improvement Mod for Vicky II + AHD

Close the worLd,.txEn eht nepO GAGA Extrem's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"Blut und Eisen" - A Balance Improvement Mod for Vicky II + AHD

Nicht durch Reden oder Majoritätsbeschlüsse werden die großen Fragen der Zeit entschieden – sondern durch Eisen und Blut.
    Not through speeches and majority decisions will the great questions of the day be decided - but by iron and blood.

This should fix the most important issues with AHD and improve balance quite a bit.

Current Version: 0.9c
    DOWNLOAD
    Mirror

How to install:
    (1) Download the .rar file.
    (2) Unpack the file into your Victoria II\mod folder.
    (3) Start the launcher and select the AHD Blut und Eisen Mod.
    (4) Enjoy the game!

Changelog:

Version 0.9c:

- Fixed a nasty crash with election events.
    - Rebalanced all election events a bit.

Version 0.9b:

- The Talkies now grant 25 shared prestige (up from 20).
    - Reduced "french_growth_nerf" to -0.005 (down from -0.01).
    - Added missing election events.

Version 0.9:

- The Quick Fix mod does now work with the most recent beta patch and has been integrated into "Blut und Eisen".
    - All crime modifiers now bestow CON on pops.
    - Reduced "PRESTIGE_HIT_ON_BREAK_COUNTRY" to -0.1 (down from -0.2).
    - Reduced "REDUCTION_AFTER_RISEING" to 1.5 (down from 2.0).
    - Reduced "SLAVE_GROWTH_DIVISOR" to 5 (down from 10).
    - Increased "MIL_HIT_FROM_CONQUEST" to 8 (up from 4).
    - Increased "MAX_LOAN_CAP_FROM_BANKS" to 10 (up from 3).
    - academic_confusion: Increased "research_points_modifier" penalty to -0.1 (up from -0.01) and increased "prestige" penalty to -0.05 (up from -0.01).
    - Tweaked "the_statue_of_liberty" effect a bit.
    - Increased many small prestige modifiers from 0.001 to 0.01.
    - Increased "immigration_focus" to 0.25 (up from 0.2).
    - National Values now influence CON and MIL of pops a bit.
    - Replaced local election events with country wide events, reduced frequency and increased overall effect.
    - Added prestige granting inventions to psychology techs.
    - Added "rgo_output" and "factory_throughput" bonus to some Metallurgy inventions and added "factory_throughput" bonus to Rayon and Bakelyte inventions.
    - Reduced "factory_input" bonus from Management Strategy inventions to -0.02 (down from -0.03).
    - Added additional inventions to Machine Guns, Bolt Action Rifles and Great War Experience.
    - Reduced Machine Gun defence bonus to 3 (down from 5).
    - Reduced Bolt Action Rifles offensive bonus to 3 (down from 5).
    - economic_thought_and_critique: Inventions now grant 5 shared prestige (instead of 1 permanent prestige).
    - financial_institutions: Added an additional "tax_eff" and "factory_cost" bonus to some late game inventions.
    - Added attack, defence and supply modifiers to several navy inventions.
    - Reduced the base invention chance for army techs to 1% (down from 2%).

seems like its coming together nicely. gonna wait before i download tho, as some things are still not fixed.

If you could find someway of fixings the discrepencies when promoting different pops using the national focus, it would be much appreciated.
    For example, Soldiers, Officers, bureaucrats, craftsmen (not sure about aristocrats or capitalists) can all easily be increased with the national focus, which is fine.

However, clerks and clergy have either very low promotion rates or the National focus isnt effecting them. The problem is much mroe acute in clerks. maybe they have the same demotion problem the clerks have/had?

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

General demotion due to lack of everyday needs has been reduced, thus all pops are a bit less likely to demote.

Clergymen are fine atm - in fact, they were too plenty in 1.0b, so I had to increase demotion a bit again.
    Clerks will receive a slight demotion prevention in 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    General demotion due to lack of everyday needs has been reduced, thus all pops are a bit less likely to demote.

Clergymen are fine atm - in fact, they were too plenty in 1.0b, so I had to increase demotion a bit again.
    Clerks will receive a slight demotion prevention in 1.1.
    ooh nice. at the moment, there are nowhere near enough clerks, so a nice large incraese in them woud be welcomed.

any comment on fixing the National Focus? because it has very little effect, unless that was to do with the needs, in which case never mind.

But please not that this is just a hotfix mod.

I will release a small "Balance Improvement Mod" next week or so that will include major changes.
    This one here is just to fix the crudest problems with 2.1.

i would suggest then, in relation to the population problem, tweaking the base population growth and experimenting.

At the moment its set at 0, which causes obvious problems.

As i'm not a modder, i dont have the confidence to go fiddling with files, but i think the ideal number for the base pop growth would be somwhere between 0.01 and 0.1. However i dont know all the other fcators that effect pop growth to be able to bug test it properly, so i'm making this little request.

This would also reduce the impact emigration has on core countries.

Version 1.1 is up.
    Clerks should now be a bit more plenty, esp. before they make up 1% of your pops.

Pop growth will require intensive testing. It will be part of the Balance Improvement mod.

You haven't reduced clergy demotion chance when education spending is over 75%, as that's not possible to do. You've just added a minus into all of their direction tables, so that particular modifier is having no effect whatsoever - it's making a promoting/demoting clergyman equally less likely to select all the different POPs he can pick from, and so does nothing. Always remember that promo/demo is a two-roll system - first a POP uses the poptypes.txt table to decide if it IS demoting, and then it uses it's own pop file tables to determine what it demotes to. The only way modding the individual pop files can effect the rate of demotion is by breaking the code, in which case they behave semi-randomly.

Their rate of demotion is entirely controlled in poptypes.txt, and you can't pick specific poptypes in there.

I'd suggest you drop the colonial migration base factor from 1 to 0.25.

Be careful tweaking the prices of goods and reducing their inputs - most of the factories in AHD produce about £20 profit at base, so you can mess up Capi build logic by adjsuting that (you'll end up with a bajillion canned food factories, and they'll be even more unprofitable).

On the prestige from colonies thing - I'd reduce it all the way down to 1, and then buff up the Culture techs than increase it to give a 300% bonus. This prevents the USA from gaining ludicrous prestige totals early on.

Base population growth doesn't need to be higher than 0.001, and is probably better at half that. Otherwise you'll get excessive population growth.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    [...] You've just added a minus into all of their direction tables, so that particular modifier is having no effect whatsoever - it's making a promoting/demoting clergyman equally less likely to select all the different POPs he can pick from, and so does nothing. [...]
    Do same tier pops not count as valid demotion targets?

Be careful tweaking the prices of goods and reducing their inputs - most of the factories in AHD produce about £20 profit at base, so you can mess up Capi build logic by adjsuting that (you'll end up with a bajillion canned food factories, and they'll be even more unprofitable).
    Well, I played a few handsoff games with the changes, so far it seems to work. But yes, I will be vigilient.

On the prestige from colonies thing - I'd reduce it all the way down to 1, and then buff up the Culture techs than increase it to give a 300% bonus. This prevents the USA from gaining ludicrous prestige totals early on.

Base population growth doesn't need to be higher than 0.001, and is probably better at half that. Otherwise you'll get excessive population growth.
    Probably better used for the Balance Mod.

Oh and: thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    I'd suggest you drop the colonial migration base factor from 1 to 0.25.
    I was thinking that something between 0.01 and 0.001 was the best bet, as even 0.5 was too high as it still meant hundreds of thousands each month.

Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    Do same tier pops not count as valid demotion targets?
    Yes. A POP can demote sideways or down, and promote sideways or up. However, when you say:

Reduced clergyment demotion chance when education spending is 75% or more.
    You're inaccurate; clergy demotion chance (the poptypes.txt value) is exactly the same. Just as many clergy will demote as without it, and because all of the possible targets have the malus, it's not really influencing what they pick to demote to, either. This is why VRRP and PDM have promote-to-self as an option for most POPs, for when sliders are at middle-range. Promo/demo is a tricky beast, which most people have no understanding of at all, which is why it took literally months for modders to start producing decent systems for it - no-one is capable of just tweaking a couple of numbers in the tables and making everything better.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

I already wondered where self promotion had gone. So it was VRRP... I thought that Pdox had changed the mechanic into something more hardcoded.

Anyway, pops will overall demote a bit less due to minor shortages in everyday goods - a few handsoff showed decent (if not too decent, but that needs more testing) numbers of clergymen and clerks.
    Colonial emigration should be significantly reduced for core provinces due to less impact from own culture.

Do you have the chance to make a few testing runs by yourself? Because I am terrible short on time, and way over scedule with my today PC usage anyway. :<

Hell no, I'm writing a new economy for PDM, combining it with the new interface files and all that jazz. :P I gave up on the idea of quick-fix mods for V2 a long while back anyway, the systems are always more complex than you first think and are so embedded in one another that you can't just tweak one thing. That's why the last quick-fix I worked on turned into PDM.

Yeah, same happened with my EU3 Balance Improvement Mod.
    Started out as a quick balance and bug fix, but ended up changing the gameplay to a large extend. *g*

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What's changed in the country files in this mod? I'm working on a flavor mod that messes with political parties, and I'd like to know how to merge the two because I like this hotfix.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

may I use this in a mod combination I am doing?
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast