• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(271387)

Field Marshal
19 Badges
Feb 20, 2011
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
Please explain it to me

I hope you find this useful. Ask any player a question about the game, and they should be happy to answer it.
Below is something I wrote a month or two ago when I ran a game.

Werewolf For Newbies (by tamius):

You are either a "good" player or a "bad" player. Whichever you are, you are obliged to vote once per day, by posting in bold in the thread. eg. Vote Tamius. You may Unvote and Vote someone else as many times as you want, and the player with the most votes at the end of the day is brutally killed by everyone, that is, "lynched". If you are a werewolf, you may send in a "hunt" order by Private Message to the GM. The GM runs the game.

All orders must be in before the deadline, or they are ignored. It is considered that everyone votes during the "day." and the wolves hunt during the "night." Normally most games begin with a "night deadline", a day in which the votes are ignored (known as "day zero sham voting") and only the orders, by the wolves and other roles which send orders, are considered.

There are a multitude of roles in the game of Werewolf, and they are listed at the start of a game thread, with their effects. Some players may also have traits.

For the villagers and other "good" players to win, they must kill all the "bad" players. For the "bad" players to win, they must kill all members of opposing packs (generally there are two packs, occasionally three) and then reach the same numbers as the remaining "good" players. This is called parity, and when baddies of one pack are equal or greater in numbers than goodies, they win.

To sign up to a game of werewolf, post in the thread. A simple "In" will suffice, and you will be added to the player roster by the GM.

I don't think I can explain it any better than what's already there, but if you still don't understand it fully, you can always play a game and learn as you go. That's what I did; when I started the rules were too long and boring for me to read so I just joined a game and picked it up soon enough.

I don't think I can explain it any better than what's already there, but if you still don't understand it fully, you can always play a game and learn as you go.

Thats how i learnt the game.. trial and error.. mostly still error.

I like this. :)

Maybe that could be added to the top of the FAQ as an introduction?
Noted, will read it tonight to see if it is worthy of the FAQ thread ;)

That's okay. Neither do Jonti. Or EURO for that matter.
Eurontimeard.png

Also, fla oog

Noted, will read it tonight to see if it is worthy of the FAQ thread ;)
After I posted that I checked the FAQ thread and there was something similar already in place.

Thats how i learnt the game.. trial and error.. mostly still error.

Yep. Been there, done that.

There's nothing in "basic game information" - it's "under construction" - so you could put it there.

That thread is stickied, I presume?

Please explain it to me

I'm going to second some of the others here and suggest you just sign up for a game and figure out how to play on the go.
There's no better way to learn this game than to die by your own horrible mistakes a few (dozen) times ..

I hope you find this useful. Ask any player a question about the game, and they should be happy to answer it.
Below is something I wrote a month or two ago when I ran a game.

Werewolf For Newbies (by tamius):

You are either a "good" player or a "bad" player. Whichever you are, you are obliged to vote once per day, by posting in bold in the thread. eg. Vote Tamius. You may Unvote and Vote someone else as many times as you want, and the player with the most votes at the end of the day is brutally killed by everyone, that is, "lynched". If you are a werewolf, you may send in a "hunt" order by Private Message to the GM. The GM runs the game.

All orders must be in before the deadline, or they are ignored. It is considered that everyone votes during the "day." and the wolves hunt during the "night." Normally most games begin with a "night deadline", a day in which the votes are ignored (known as "day zero sham voting") and only the orders, by the wolves and other roles which send orders, are considered.

There are a multitude of roles in the game of Werewolf, and they are listed at the start of a game thread, with their effects. Some players may also have traits.

For the villagers and other "good" players to win, they must kill all the "bad" players. For the "bad" players to win, they must kill all members of opposing packs (generally there are two packs, occasionally three) and then reach the same numbers as the remaining "good" players. This is called parity, and when baddies of one pack are equal or greater in numbers than goodies, they win.

To sign up to a game of werewolf, post in the thread. A simple "In" will suffice, and you will be added to the player roster by the GM.

This is horrible.