+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! I do not understand werewolf

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Help! I do not understand werewolf

Please explain it to me
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Please explain it to me
    There is an FAQ at the top of this page...
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I hope you find this useful. Ask any player a question about the game, and they should be happy to answer it.
    Below is something I wrote a month or two ago when I ran a game.

Werewolf For Newbies (by tamius):

You are either a "good" player or a "bad" player. Whichever you are, you are obliged to vote once per day, by posting in bold in the thread. eg. Vote Tamius. You may Unvote and Vote someone else as many times as you want, and the player with the most votes at the end of the day is brutally killed by everyone, that is, "lynched". If you are a werewolf, you may send in a "hunt" order by Private Message to the GM. The GM runs the game.

All orders must be in before the deadline, or they are ignored. It is considered that everyone votes during the "day." and the wolves hunt during the "night." Normally most games begin with a "night deadline", a day in which the votes are ignored (known as "day zero sham voting") and only the orders, by the wolves and other roles which send orders, are considered.

There are a multitude of roles in the game of Werewolf, and they are listed at the start of a game thread, with their effects. Some players may also have traits.

For the villagers and other "good" players to win, they must kill all the "bad" players. For the "bad" players to win, they must kill all members of opposing packs (generally there are two packs, occasionally three) and then reach the same numbers as the remaining "good" players. This is called parity, and when baddies of one pack are equal or greater in numbers than goodies, they win.

To sign up to a game of werewolf, post in the thread. A simple "In" will suffice, and you will be added to the player roster by the GM.

There might be prime numbers marty99's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I don't think I can explain it any better than what's already there, but if you still don't understand it fully, you can always play a game and learn as you go. That's what I did; when I started the rules were too long and boring for me to read so I just joined a game and picked it up soon enough.

I post.. it just doesnt count Adamus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marty99 View Post
    I don't think I can explain it any better than what's already there, but if you still don't understand it fully, you can always play a game and learn as you go.
    Thats how i learnt the game.. trial and error.. mostly still error.
    The Original Werewolf Amateur
    Wins: 12 Losses: Many GM'd: 3 Werewolf Lites
    Currently playing Banished!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Werewolf For Newbies (by tamius)
    I like this.

Maybe that could be added to the top of the FAQ as an introduction?

Quote Originally Posted by johho888 View Post
    I like this.

Maybe that could be added to the top of the FAQ as an introduction?
    Noted, will read it tonight to see if it is worthy of the FAQ thread
    .....*..................*................. ...................*.................................................. ...............*
    ........................*.......................*..........*....................................*...................
    ...................*....................* Blundering through space *........................................*
    .................................................. ......a Lost Empire Immortals AAR.................................................. .....*
    .................*........................ .....................*....*.................*
    ..............*.................................................. .*.................................*
    Discontinued

Change is not seeking friends Lemeard's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2

Help! I do not understand werewolf
    That's okay. Neither do Jonti. Or EURO for that matter.
    Best WW Lite ever: Re?~Return of WW Lite! In Canada!

Arkansas: And the Lemeard said, "LET THERE BE TIE!" and there was TIE. And the Lemeard looked upon it, and saw that it was good.
    Behead those who insult TIEs

The Lemeards

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Lemeard View Post
    That's okay. Neither do Jonti. Or EURO for that matter.

Also, fla oog
    Support the right to arm bears My Lemeard Cookie for making a 4 way TIE
    Jamie550: I've just read the last ten pages, and now I know why Jonti has by far the most wins
    No, this is complex Lite with Euros Lemeards and jontis. - EUROO7
    As far as I know is jonti always evil. British 19th-century sophisticated evil. with a cigar - the_hdk
    Wisdom from EUROO7: Listen to jonti, noob.| Marty99 " Werewolf is basically the Sesame Street of bigotry. "
    I see noob people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're noob.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
    Noted, will read it tonight to see if it is worthy of the FAQ thread
    After I posted that I checked the FAQ thread and there was something similar already in place.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by johho888 View Post
    After I posted that I checked the FAQ thread and there was something similar already in place.
    There's nothing in "basic game information" - it's "under construction" - so you could put it there.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Adamus View Post
    Thats how i learnt the game.. trial and error.. mostly still error.
    Yep. Been there, done that.

There's nothing in "basic game information" - it's "under construction" - so you could put it there.
    That thread is stickied, I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Please explain it to me
    I'm going to second some of the others here and suggest you just sign up for a game and figure out how to play on the go.
    There's no better way to learn this game than to die by your own horrible mistakes a few (dozen) times ..
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I hope you find this useful. Ask any player a question about the game, and they should be happy to answer it.
    Below is something I wrote a month or two ago when I ran a game.

Werewolf For Newbies (by tamius):

You are either a "good" player or a "bad" player. Whichever you are, you are obliged to vote once per day, by posting in bold in the thread. eg. Vote Tamius. You may Unvote and Vote someone else as many times as you want, and the player with the most votes at the end of the day is brutally killed by everyone, that is, "lynched". If you are a werewolf, you may send in a "hunt" order by Private Message to the GM. The GM runs the game.

All orders must be in before the deadline, or they are ignored. It is considered that everyone votes during the "day." and the wolves hunt during the "night." Normally most games begin with a "night deadline", a day in which the votes are ignored (known as "day zero sham voting") and only the orders, by the wolves and other roles which send orders, are considered.

There are a multitude of roles in the game of Werewolf, and they are listed at the start of a game thread, with their effects. Some players may also have traits.

For the villagers and other "good" players to win, they must kill all the "bad" players. For the "bad" players to win, they must kill all members of opposing packs (generally there are two packs, occasionally three) and then reach the same numbers as the remaining "good" players. This is called parity, and when baddies of one pack are equal or greater in numbers than goodies, they win.

To sign up to a game of werewolf, post in the thread. A simple "In" will suffice, and you will be added to the player roster by the GM.
    This is horrible.
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

talk werewolf with euro on the google - theEUROO7 @ gmail.com (0)

Daffius, 2knikk

Change is not seeking friends Lemeard's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    That thread is stickied, I presume?
    How odd, no sight of Jonti. *Clears throat*

KINKEH!!!
    Best WW Lite ever: Re?~Return of WW Lite! In Canada!

Arkansas: And the Lemeard said, "LET THERE BE TIE!" and there was TIE. And the Lemeard looked upon it, and saw that it was good.
    Behead those who insult TIEs

The Lemeards

+ Reply to Thread