• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Banquet

Deep Puddle Dweller
90 Badges
Dec 18, 2002
thewaterland.com
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • East India Company
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Coming back to Vic2 now the expansion is out, and can't remember too much of how to play... I started a game as Portugal (Interventionalist govt) and notice that I have factories being build in regions/provinces where I have no capitalists - and I presume they wouldn't build them anyway, under this govt type... so are these coming from other countries foreign investments in my country? If so, how do I find out who is building them?

Thanks for the help :)

umm, capitalists will build your factories, just encourage them using national focus in your region that has the largest pop in your nation. an interventionist gov relies on capitalist to build their industries, so you have to encourage some if they didn't exist in your country.
a state capitalism or planned economy gov will allow you to build your own factory without capitalists

If there are capitalists anywhere, they can invest in other provinces, not just the province in which they exist. This is the case, isn't it? (Otherwise, foreign investment most likely)

If there are capitalists anywhere, they can invest in other provinces, not just the province in which they exist. This is the case, isn't it? (Otherwise, foreign investment most likely)
I think you're right.

thanks for the replies - I'd forgotten that capitalists build in interventionist government... they were only present in lisbon, so I was surprised to see factories getting built all across the country, but I since re-started the game to try and see how they're getting built and it does seem capis are investing in factory projects. I hadn't realised they could do that in regions where there were no capis present

I started with only 200 Capitalists in all of Prussia at 1861 Game Start. With my national focus on capitalists it quickly grew to 900 in a few years. Yes it is true they can bounce from region to region. I have a group of 700 or so that like to travel together and invest the crap out of one project at a time. No matter what part of Prussia, and Later Germany it is. I was afraid to let factory control go to my investors but now I like it because I don't have to pay for it :happy: my ruling party still lets me co-invest with my rich capitalist friends. Incase I see them building a factory I really need, such as Canned Food or Artillery.

umm, capitalists will build your factories, just encourage them using national focus in your region that has the largest pop in your nation. an interventionist gov relies on capitalist to build their industries, so you have to encourage some if they didn't exist in your country.
a state capitalism or planned economy gov will allow you to build your own factory without capitalists

Where in the AHD 1.2 code folders/files do I find what types of governments can build/not build factories?
I remember awhile back playing the original VIC2 that there was a folder/file that had the requirements of
each policy type spelled out like "Build Factories=NO" for their respective gov types....

EDIT: I found where they are, in VIC2,Common,Issues. It describes all the cans & cannots of the 4 gov policy types.

Last edited: