+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who's building my factories?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Who's building my factories?

Coming back to Vic2 now the expansion is out, and can't remember too much of how to play... I started a game as Portugal (Interventionalist govt) and notice that I have factories being build in regions/provinces where I have no capitalists - and I presume they wouldn't build them anyway, under this govt type... so are these coming from other countries foreign investments in my country? If so, how do I find out who is building them?

Thanks for the help

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

umm, capitalists will build your factories, just encourage them using national focus in your region that has the largest pop in your nation. an interventionist gov relies on capitalist to build their industries, so you have to encourage some if they didn't exist in your country.
    a state capitalism or planned economy gov will allow you to build your own factory without capitalists
    "Upon hearing of the Japanese attack on the United States of America at Pearl Harbor, bringing America into the war against the Axis powers, Churchill exclaimed “We have won the war!”"

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by damnt512 View Post
    umm, capitalists will build your factories
    Yeah, but if the capitalists aren't there at all, then they won't.

@OP, it sounds like foreign investment. I think you can check it in the diplomatic screen somewhere.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If there are capitalists anywhere, they can invest in other provinces, not just the province in which they exist. This is the case, isn't it? (Otherwise, foreign investment most likely)

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Quote Originally Posted by KPJ View Post
    If there are capitalists anywhere, they can invest in other provinces, not just the province in which they exist. This is the case, isn't it? (Otherwise, foreign investment most likely)
    I think you're right.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

thanks for the replies - I'd forgotten that capitalists build in interventionist government... they were only present in lisbon, so I was surprised to see factories getting built all across the country, but I since re-started the game to try and see how they're getting built and it does seem capis are investing in factory projects. I hadn't realised they could do that in regions where there were no capis present

I started with only 200 Capitalists in all of Prussia at 1861 Game Start. With my national focus on capitalists it quickly grew to 900 in a few years. Yes it is true they can bounce from region to region. I have a group of 700 or so that like to travel together and invest the crap out of one project at a time. No matter what part of Prussia, and Later Germany it is. I was afraid to let factory control go to my investors but now I like it because I don't have to pay for it my ruling party still lets me co-invest with my rich capitalist friends. Incase I see them building a factory I really need, such as Canned Food or Artillery.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means" Carl von Clausewitz
    "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting" Sun Tzu
    "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases, observe it" Julius Caesar
    "Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once" Shakespeare's Julius Caesar

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The roaming Capitalist has been in since 1.3 I think? And you can check who has invested in you on the Production screen.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Yeah, but if the capitalists aren't there at all, then they won't.
    please, read my entire post. I said to encourage capis using NF if they're not there
    "Upon hearing of the Japanese attack on the United States of America at Pearl Harbor, bringing America into the war against the Axis powers, Churchill exclaimed “We have won the war!”"

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

please, read my entire post. I said to encourage capis using NF if they're not there
    I did read your entire post. It did not qualify the quoted statement at all.

Europa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

umm, capitalists will build your factories, just encourage them using national focus in your region that has the largest pop in your nation. an interventionist gov relies on capitalist to build their industries, so you have to encourage some if they didn't exist in your country.
    a state capitalism or planned economy gov will allow you to build your own factory without capitalists
    Where in the AHD 1.2 code folders/files do I find what types of governments can build/not build factories?
    I remember awhile back playing the original VIC2 that there was a folder/file that had the requirements of
    each policy type spelled out like "Build Factories=NO" for their respective gov types....

EDIT: I found where they are, in VIC2,Common,Issues. It describes all the cans & cannots of the 4 gov policy types.
    Last edited by FAdmiral1; 05-02-2012 at 17:22. Reason: found answer myself
    If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
    RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

+ Reply to Thread