+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.03 Beta aar

1.03 Beta aar

I am going to do an aar on the latest 1.03 beta version. I cannot decide which nation to play. Any suggestions? I am considering either a 1933 USA, China, or Japan; or a 1936 Germany, USSR or Italy. I might consider Italy in 1933.
    "If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Bloody, Bloody Sunday WWCLIII

Try Italy 36. I don't think there is many of them around.
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...lank-Gfx-files

Darkest Hour

Italy 1933 sounds really good, I think. But can you play a signifcant part in Operation Barbarossa? I mean, can you assure with Italy, that Germany's not going to fail?

Germany seems very well represented, so I won't do that unless it is requested by a majority. 33 Italy may be interesting. Let's wait a little longer. I will probably decide tomorrow.
    "If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

1933 Italy. It isn't the greatest nation on Earth, but it can still bite. Should be interesting.

Maybe a 33 Germany start, but as a Communist Germany instead?

Quote Originally Posted by bad_username View Post
    Maybe a 33 Germany start, but as a Communist Germany instead?
    Communist Germany lacks leaders and ministers. Until that gets fixed, I don't plan to even try communist Germany.

2 votes for 33 Germany
    2 votes for 33 Italy
    1 vote for 36 Italy

Field Marshal

1918 greece?
    if everyone dislikes greece count me as 33 italy ;d

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

1936 Britain but under Oswald Mosley's Fascist regime. Restore the empire under him!

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by son of liberty View Post
    Germany seems very well represented, so I won't do that unless it is requested by a majority. 33 Italy may be interesting. Let's wait a little longer. I will probably decide tomorrow.
    They were many changes introduced since 1.02, especially with the AI

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Iron CrossSemper Fi

guys, where can i get 1.03 beta?

Quote Originally Posted by sheran View Post
    guys, where can i get 1.03 beta?
    You can't yet. I beta test for the devs, so I get the new toys early.

I know from another thread that AC wants to see Italy done, so barring a rush of new votes, it looks like 33 Italy.

Italy '33 would seem the most interesting. Will you play historically?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmie0307 View Post
    Italy '33 would seem the most interesting. Will you play historically?
    I hope to win, so no :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres View Post
    They were many changes introduced since 1.02, especially with the AI
    Ok, but since I would be playing Germany in your scenario, how would the people see those changes? Do you know when commie Germany's officer corps will get expanded? Right now it has only a handful of mj generals.

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by son of liberty View Post
    Ok, but since I would be playing Germany in your scenario, how would the people see those changes? Do you know when commie Germany's officer corps will get expanded? Right now it has only a handful of mj generals.
    Allied AI

Darkest Hour

'33 Italy would be interesting

Ok, the majority of votes are for 33 Italy. That will be the game. Just gotta get the devs to fix a bug real quick. Ran a quick test game to see what problems might crop up. Had a doozy come up and hopefully Martin or AC can fix it real quick then I will start for real.

+ Reply to Thread