+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [HOI3 FtM] As Germany Annecting SU not a solution

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

[HOI3 FtM] As Germany Annecting SU not a solution

Hi, as Germany in Single Player mode I was annexing the SU after long fights. Well, I was a bit disappointed that the economic power of these province added almost nothing to my IC count. But worst is that the US were able to annex Japan and were sitting at the eastern border and took the chance to invade from the east. God, is the SU a wide land! Before I was able to get my troops to the eastern end of the SU the US did a wide invasion into the country. And when my troops where finally there they where not able to fight them back because the supplies were too short. The US and Nat. China forces on their end had no supply problems.

What can I do to improve the supplies for the east SU?

And why is the Berlin HQ theatre pinned to Berlin when under AI and other, own created theatre HQs move with their troops ? Why is the AI moving exhausted divisions about three provinces away from the front to let them rest and opens holes in the front lines doing so? Wouldn't it make more sense to let them dig in that case?

Cheers,
    Kai
    Last edited by SchlauFuchs; 03-02-2012 at 22:12.
    "Poland wants war with Germany and Germany will not be able to avoid it even if she wants to." (Polish Marshal Rydz-Smigly as reported in the Daily Mail, August 6th, 1939)

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

Invade US mainland

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    He has a point in so far that the AI does suffer a lot less from supply issues.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Tried that last time, and it was easier than holding eastern SU.
    "Poland wants war with Germany and Germany will not be able to avoid it even if she wants to." (Polish Marshal Rydz-Smigly as reported in the Daily Mail, August 6th, 1939)

Quote Originally Posted by SchlauFuchs View Post
    Why is the AI moving exhausted divisions about three provinces away from the front to let them rest and opens holes in the front lines doing so? Wouldn't it make more sense to let them dig in that case?
    Front-line provinces may suffer from damaged infrastructure, and thus the pull to the back manoeuvre, where the infrastructure is less likely to be damaged and organisation regain should be faster. Or you can micro-manage this by cancelling those pull back orders, constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by SchlauFuchs View Post
    And why is the Berlin HQ theatre pinned to Berlin when under AI and other, own created theatre HQs move with their troops ?
    Because the AI doesn't care for radio ranges and even if it moves the other HQs around, the attached divisions will usually be out of range.

+ Reply to Thread