Go to thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dress for medieval success contest!

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Dress for medieval success contest!

Click image for larger version

Name:	completepack copy.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	46695

It's time for another Crusader Kings II contest, this time offering the chance to win one of 3 Paradox Complete Bundles for Steam, each boasting more than 90 games. Holy crap! On top of that, the best costume of all will win a Crusader Kings II poster signed by all the devs as well. A fantastic trophy for any collector.

To enter, all you have to do is post a picture of yourself, below, dressed in what you believe is a respectable medieval outfit. Entries will be closed on February 13th, and the winners will be announced on February 14th.

May the best outfits win!

Name:	DSC_7507.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	46701

I guess I'll be the first one out then, just to get the thread going

And yes, the helmet is a tad too small..

Name:	DSC_7492.JPG
Views:	1390
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	46706

A CK2 contest without a free copy of CK2 as a prize? What madness is this?

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Reilnur View Post
    Surely if the prize is given on the 14th CK2 will be part of the package?

Here is me and my wife's arm at our medieval themed wedding. If that sort of dedication doesn't win I dont know what will lol.

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Question before I post a photo of my girl friend : will those photo be used for any commercial purpose ?
    Better be sure so I can get the approval or not from the protographer and the other models (who would anyway end up in the credit) if any in the picture.

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Ok, so I am not in the contest. I just want to post a pic with me wearing a crown, since my nick is Regina

Name:	Paradox Häringe Slott 5d 467.JPG
Views:	1433
Size:	7.53 MB
ID:	46710
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Reilnur View Post
    Crusader Kings II will of course be part of the prize

61 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Zarine View Post
    Question before I post a photo of my girl friend : will those photo be used for any commercial purpose ?
    Better be sure so I can get the approval or not from the protographer and the other models (who would anyway end up in the credit) if any in the picture.
    The winning pictures will be promoted on the News section of the forums

I sometimes get the impression Paradox made CK2 as an excuse to dress up in medieval gear!

Just wanted to ask to be sure: is the costume of a cardinal..well,not really "historically real and medieval".. suitable for the contest?)
    ps
    And if the answer is "yes", should it be only one photo or more is ok?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Maybe not quite medieval, but I wanted to enter a photo that is not as RPG:esque as the usual ones...

Owner of Rome CE + VV, CK + DV, CK II, CotN, EU, EU II, FtG, EU III CE + IN + NA + HttT + DW, EU IV, Victoria + Rev, Victoria II + AHD + HoD, Diplomacy, HoI, HoI II + DD + A, AoD and HoI III + SF + FtM + TFH

This is my real avatar.

Since August 2010 I've considered Friday the 13th a lucky day.

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why couldn't Regina be Mathilda of Tuscany? We need a mod...
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

More or less a semi medieval outfit
    A guy from austria, in a museum in ireland, with an helmet from taiwan! Long live globalization :P

EDIT: Holy ****, sorry for the huge size my first time loading up pictures
    „Ich spreche Spanisch zu Gott, Italienisch zu den Frauen, Französisch zu den Männern und Deutsch zu meinem Pferd.“

Karl der V.

"In this game, it’s always best to have an excuse if you want to go to war with someone. It’s as if the world is an easily distracted PE Teacher, happy to wave away any concerns if you have some sort of note but wrathful if you have no good reason for skipping swimming/invading Poland this week."

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I am really looking forward to seeing the costumes! What a great competition.

It is a shame I never joined Regia Anglorum in the end.

Here I am as a Norman from the First Crusade slaying the devil. You won't be getting the better of me, Seven Deadly Sins!

Last edited by Jimminy; 03-02-2012 at 16:34.

Paradox Interactive
    Wizard Warrior
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

This one from PdxCon two weeks ago is my contribution:

Name:	King_Fred.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	46713
    Twitter - The Wester Front
    Paradox Youtube Channel

fredrik [at] paradoxplaza [dot] com

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Ok, I'll make an addition to this thread:

Name:	IMG_1098.JPG
Views:	3339
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	46712

Come on now, let's see more contributions!

Last edited by darth_careful; 03-02-2012 at 18:00.

Attachment 46714

that's me in there, I promise...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast