• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is tiny, either its a well compressed download or something else. I have watched the lets plays and the world map is better designed graphically than CK1, and that alone is over 500MB on my HD installed. Doubt really if that's a good estimation, unless, as I say, its heavily compressed. Could be wrong.

BUT ... Why SO small :eek:hmy: ?
What in CK2 would take up a GB?

There's no video. The graphics are largely 2D TGA files. The map is not state-of-the-art graphics, which means it does not require a lot of pre-calculated textures to display at playable speed.

The heart of this game is a bunch of text files listing characters, their titles, relationships to achother etc. And there is nothing on this earth that is easier to compress then a text file.

Nick

500mb for the download but 2Go as requirement to install

For example, Skyrim; my current installation folder is a shade over 5.5 GB. About 4 GB of that is Meshes.bsa, Textures.bsa and Voices.bsa. Skyrim.esm and TESV.exe, which are the core program and most of the actual "game" (quest definitions, item stats and so forth) are less than 300 MB put together.

Thanks Skyrim!

A new game I can download in under 20 minutes? Great!

Heh this is pretty much how I feel, I was thinking at first.. "Oh I'll set this on download while Im at work" now it's more like "Oh I can play this before I go to work"