+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Download size?

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    We could just have one of the live action commercials as intro videos, would work well enough
    Quote Originally Posted by xGhost4000x View Post
    Intro video should be a random 7 deadly sins video each time
    +1
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    download should be 500mb or less.
    BUT ... Why SO small ?

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It is tiny, either its a well compressed download or something else. I have watched the lets plays and the world map is better designed graphically than CK1, and that alone is over 500MB on my HD installed. Doubt really if that's a good estimation, unless, as I say, its heavily compressed. Could be wrong.

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You really have no idea how huge graphics are and thus game with little graphics and generated landscape can be so little...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by crusadertsar View Post
    BUT ... Why SO small ?
    What in CK2 would take up a GB?

There's no video. The graphics are largely 2D TGA files. The map is not state-of-the-art graphics, which means it does not require a lot of pre-calculated textures to display at playable speed.

The heart of this game is a bunch of text files listing characters, their titles, relationships to achother etc. And there is nothing on this earth that is easier to compress then a text file.

Nick

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the Throne
    MagickaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

500mb for the download but 2Go as requirement to install
    membre du Réseau Gamers et Stratégie, tout sur CK2&EU4 en français

Les 3 Tours / The 3 Towers : an economical and medieval flavour mod -NEW-
    ARKOpack Armoiries & Interface : a CoA and Interface mod
    La Pléiade : Europa universalis IV (vraiment) en français !
    Member of H.I.P : Historical Immersion Project

Mini MODs is the answer !

For example, Skyrim; my current installation folder is a shade over 5.5 GB. About 4 GB of that is Meshes.bsa, Textures.bsa and Voices.bsa. Skyrim.esm and TESV.exe, which are the core program and most of the actual "game" (quest definitions, item stats and so forth) are less than 300 MB put together.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by BodyBag View Post
    Thanks, I'm tired of DL monstergames of 8GB+
    Thanks Skyrim!

A new game I can download in under 20 minutes? Great!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by xGhost4000x View Post
    Intro video should be a random 7 deadly sins video each time
    Someone should make a mod for this!!!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Turbo View Post
    Thanks Skyrim!

A new game I can download in under 20 minutes? Great!
    Heh this is pretty much how I feel, I was thinking at first.. "Oh I'll set this on download while Im at work" now it's more like "Oh I can play this before I go to work"
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2