• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not quite done yet, but I think this will be my last chance to post before HoD makes my saved game obsolete. I played as Sardinia-Piedmont.

oloZice.jpg

This is Europe at 1909. All land with Italian cores has been occupied. Germany is my steadfast ally and together we have fought against France, Russia, the Netherlands (which reached Great Power status) and Sweden (another Great Power, though you can see they're being run over with communists at the moment). Though I wanted to keep the Germans as friends, I didn't want them absorbing Austria and all of the Balkans either. So I fought a few liberation wars for Hungary, Slovenia, and Croatia, and all of them (plus Serbia) are in my sphere. The Ottomans are also in my sphere and they never collapsed, although they're only barely a Secondary Power. Egypt is also in my SoI, as is Spain, Switzerland (a Satellite), and Brazil (for the rubber). France as you can see has large chunks taken out of it by Germany and even Belgium, although they did steal Catalonia from Spain to compensate a little.

q0ZjcS8.jpg

Here's Africa, which, annoyingly, France got to most of first. Most of the Middle East is in Russia's SoI.

WTs2KCz.jpg

This is the map of 1867, just after Italy united, thanks to Giuseppe. Note that Germany isn't united yet and that Austria is still rather large. Also, I'm holding east Switzerland, which I would later annex then release.
tWyGGPY.jpg

This is the map of 1909. Austria is gone, it got overthrown by rebels at least three times, and each time Germany, Russia, and myself would just carve up parts to enjoy. The Great Powers now are:

1. The UK, which mostly just consolidated its power and didn't expand much. The only setback it had was losing a Humiliation war to myself and Germany, which bumped it down to 6th in Prestige, but it still maintained #1 status.
2. Germany, and for good reason. Germany's never lost a war, and it took over most of Austria. They might be #1 if it wasn't for the fact they have almost no colonies and nothing in their SoI.
3. Italy. I have the highest prestige by at least 500 points, but I couldn't get Industrialization or War above #5. Still, I own about half of Africa and I regularly walk across France when I get bored, so I'm happy with this outcome.
4. France. They maintained a fairly high prestige despite losing at least two Great Wars and at least one humiliation war, thanks to their colonies. But if I had time to spare more on this game I would like to send France down even further...
5. USA. They've enjoyed isolation pretty well, and made some expansion into the Pacific and SE Asia. Even got involved on our side in a Great War. Still, they didn't do much to help...
6. Russia. Russia's prestige is about 5. Not #5, five points, total. Despite this, they have a massive War score and okay industrialization which keeps them at #6. They also have SoI'd most of the Middle East, and China/Korea.
7. Japan. They largely left China alone and instead focused on SE Asia. They were at #5 at one point.
8. Argentina. They just reached Great Power status, replacing the Netherlands and Sweden, which were fighting for the 8th spot for a while. They've taken over most of Chile, but that's about it.

Highlights of this game:

Best moment: Russia went bankrupt and owed Italy about 20,000 gold, which I decided to declare war over. The Germans immediately came to my aid and sent all of their army in to invade. I was sending troops to help, but all of a sudden an outbreak of Communist rebels all over the place made me hold the bulk of my army back. At the exact same time, France declared war on Germany to liberate Alsace-Lorraine! The Germans had nothing to guard their western border! I thought this was very clever of the French AI, and I was really amazed that the computer looked to take advantage of that situation. Unfortunately, I honored my alliance with the Germans, and the French had to redirect their entire army south to deal with mine around Turin. I was able to hold them off just long enough to force a surrender from Russia, at which Germany turned back and we marched gleefully to Paris, arm-in-arm. Since the Netherlands and Sweden (both GPs at the time) were also on France's side, they had to face Great War Capitulation.

2. At one point, Greece declared bankruptcy and I was able to declare war on them. However, the UK was allied with them and decided to fight. It started out painfully, the UK made gains in my Africa holdings and won a few naval battles easily. Then I called the Germans in to help, and they were able to distract the UK's navy long enough for me to counter-attack them in Africa and soon I had them accept humiliation.

3. After the "liberal revolutions" of 1848, I largely had no problem with consciousness or militancy. The only reforms I've had to pass were suffrage related. The other movements barely have any traction. I did have a point where I had yet to pass Landed Voting Only, and suddenly about 100 Jacobin Rebels appeared everywhere. But I had just saved, and was able to go back, pass the reform, and was spared any revolt.

Last edited:
Here is my fairwell to AHD. No world map because imageshack didn't want to upload it lol. And I forgot the score screen lol. I devoted one game to all of the Great Germany/WC-style (I've never done a proper WC) powergaming so that I could get it out of my system; got bored/had better things to do by about 1887. With more time I'd have gone for the rest of the Baltic and Ukraine, Bosnia (and release the Balkans), maybe Scandinavia, Persia, the Middle East and the big parts of China/Japan. But then I don't have the patience for a WC so...
v215s.png

This is after ~3 wars with France, ~4 with Britain (kicked them out of India, except for puppets, by occupying the Home Islands), and my first with Russia. Would've liked to have snagged Piemont too but Italy was hardly a GP. Glorious colonial empire:
v211.png

Not (/not-well) pictured: German South Asia extends through Afghanistan. I hadn't yet succeeded in freeing the Indian minors controled by Britain (lol). Other bits of the Empire include Cuba, Panama, all of Africa except Libya, Liberia, South Africa, and bits of the Portuguese Empire, as well as Palestine and Lebanon. My sphere consisted mostly of Hispanophone S. America (losing most of Columbia when Gran Columbia revolted everywhere except Bogota...lol) since I didn't want to sphere any future conquests. I also sphered CSA and intervened in the Civil War to keep America down; keeping CSA independent wrapped up most of my sphere points through the last decade.
I guess I'm a bit of an amateur because this is the first game I used encirclement to great effect, love it. For instance here is my encircling last bits of Russian army after I drove past Moscow:
v214g.png

My military score, unsurprisingly, really creamed everyone else. Industry, too; I used Laissez-Faire parties for the first time to great effect and ended with ~4000 industry score, without much interference. Certainly better than my USSR game, I'll tell you that. Despite this I had hilariously high emigration (especially during wars) offset only by passing a bunch of health reforms and getting POP growth boosts. Nobody tells you how huge emigration can be during WCs! With interesting vectors:
v29e.png

I would say peak immigration was 10-12 thousand; not as typically to America as one might expect. A lot of western S. America got immigrants, but most surprisingly, Westernized Asian countries (Johore, Burma, Bundelkhand, Jodhpur) and minor Europeans (Serbia, Romanian minors, even France during my wars with Britain and Russia). I was pretty far along with social reforms and had reformed politically, up to Universal Voting, but hadn't changed upper-house since I wanted to be able to appoint; still got a huge amount of emigration. Fortunately I also had ~200K growth for my population of ~125m POPs when I ended.

At any rate I will (rather ironically) urge folks with the new expansion not to play Germany so devotedly or do power-gaming WCs; find something more interesting to do and share it with the forum.

Great Empire of East Asia(Great Empire of Japan)

I fought a "Great War" of epic proportions against the Western powers(Spain, The Netherlands, Great Britain, USA, France, Russia with their allies). My allies were (Ottoman Empire, Iran, German countries, Most South American countries(I sphered most of them except Brazil) and Burma, Johore, Thailand, China + other Asian nations.)

What happened in the war?

Most of my Asian allies who all where battered by colonialism were annexed by the enemy. Luckily, the great Japanese Empire liberated and re-conquered these lost territories. In my imagination "forming the great Empire of East Asia."

The war escalated so fast with only one quick break of peace, I have never conquered such vast amounts of land in two wars.:cool:

2013043000004.jpg
2013043000003.jpg
2013043000002.jpg
2013043000005.jpg
2013043000006.jpg
2013043000007.jpg
2013043000008.jpg
2013043000009.jpg
v2mapjap18873298.jpg
v2mapjap18873299.jpg

Last edited:
All_Hail_Belgium.jpg

(Note: I did clean my borders with the changeowner command - but ofcourse only did it after winning the war for the region succesfully, I even lost 1 province due to my cleaning but I rather have nice borders :p)

Hawaiian Empire

Before I decided to break my infamy limit, Hawaii managed to enslave the whole Chinese population (with the help of troops drafted in Sindh, Kutch, and Ethiopia)

1024x639.resizedimage

After my infamy limit exceeds 25 (when I tried to annex Tibet), the United Kingdom and her allies tried to contain me, which is their worst mistake ever. This is the result

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

Interestingly, the whole Canada and Queensland turned Polynesian.

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

End

1024x640.resizedimage

...how did you annex the entire British Empire?

superb! i love the AHD stories with GC attempt based on Chinese manpower

Hawaiian United Kingdom. Now that's about as absurd as it can get. XD