• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No African colonies or anything else. Just what you see here.
lNIb6hj.jpg

Was sick today so didn´t go to work...decided to mess with Panjab again...westernized much faster then before (around 1870) and things went better:

India event helped a lot...it would have taken another 5-6 years before I could take the remaining countries...then it was just a matter of mass DoW on the remaning states
2013-03-25_00001.jpg

2013-03-25_00002.jpg

take this UK!

2013-03-25_00004-1.jpg

UK lost a great war as I became a great power around in 1880 so it was easier to conquer lands/release stalities. I could have gotten a better industrial score if i had sphered some countries earlier and built eletric gear facs early too...but I guess this was good.

Hmm, the secondary power Algeria intrigues me...

Pretty easy explained I would guess:
First France got Algeria pretty early ingame which led to idk 50 or 60 years of french migration to the Algerian regions.
Late in Game France got dismantled - which resulted in a civilized Algeria, with quite many pops and French as accepted (or even primary?).
Then Algeria had time to work 20-30 years on their own military/industry and got a secondary power.

Thats what once happened in 1 of my games.

wow, nice Texan campaign, how did you play the civil war? also nice infamy just a smidgen over the 25 :p how come no one declares war against you for being over the limit? Also I'm playing a Texas campaign I'm at the year 1902 and never had one factory built even with plenty of capitalists and no rich tax.

Endgame Brazil. The USA is my satellite and California in my sphere.

skesHXA.jpg

I have to admit that I used gamey tactics after unifying South America (happened in the 1870s). It seems having a strong enough army makes the Great Powers less likely to engage in containment wars, though I did have my share of those too. 854 infamy, all reforms enacted. Germany went large, Austria collapsed to pan-nationalists (a close-up in the Strange Screenshots thread from a few decades earlier), and Ethiopia has achieved some impressive victories against Egypt.

South America is great for manpower, but awful when it comes to rebellions. Half a million communists rising up isn't fun, even if I have 500+ brigades. Russia and Germany proved to be wonderful allies when taking on France and the UK.

Last edited:
wow, nice Texan campaign, how did you play the civil war? also nice infamy just a smidgen over the 25 :p how come no one declares war against you for being over the limit? Also I'm playing a Texas campaign I'm at the year 1902 and never had one factory built even with plenty of capitalists and no rich tax.

US Attacked Mexico. I'm playing on double infamy decay but I was around 60 infamy at one point. No one attacked me. USA was my ally. I rode on the back of the US at took over mexican lands. At one point all I had was 1 irregular chasing down mexican infantry spawns lol. Oh, and just before the civil war make as many irregulars as you can so you can can occupy CSA land and get something from them as a peace deal.

Was sick today so didn´t go to work...decided to mess with Panjab again...westernized much faster then before (around 1870) and things went better:

India event helped a lot...it would have taken another 5-6 years before I could take the remaining countries...then it was just a matter of mass DoW on the remaning states
2013-03-25_00001.jpg

2013-03-25_00002.jpg

take this UK!

2013-03-25_00004-1.jpg

UK lost a great war as I became a great power around in 1880 so it was easier to conquer lands/release stalities. I could have gotten a better industrial score if i had sphered some countries earlier and built eletric gear facs early too...but I guess this was good.

And the UK is still #2, lol. Wow.

I wanted to create a Papal Empire without changing the states' European borders. This was the best I could do:
V2_MAP_PAP_193511_1_zps595b7dcd.jpg.html

v2_15_zps9325a764.jpg.html

v2_16_zpsf7ad6781.jpg.html

I started by going for Panama, then gradually expanding in Central America. Madagascar was taken early. Russia, the USA and I turned China into a sort of Asian Guyana as a result of the Boxer Rebellion. I was surprised the rest of Italy didn't form without the Papal States.

I thought I'd post this game I played as the Dutch, not so much for the Dutch Empire, so much as the fact that Germany managed to form by itself with historical borders.
V2_MAP_NET_1934830_1_zpsae0016cb.jpg.html

NGF didn't form at all; Prussia and a few North German states were overrun by pan-nationalists. Germany formed and gradually annexed those states it didn't already have.
Look at their accepted cultures - how did that come about?
v2_18_zps9ccfe8ab.jpg.html

Last edited:
I wanted to create a Papal Empire without changing the states' European borders. This was the best I could do:
V2_MAP_PAP_193511_1_zps595b7dcd.jpg.html

v2_15_zps9325a764.jpg.html

v2_16_zpsf7ad6781.jpg.html

I started by going for Panama, then gradually expanding in Central America. Madagascar was taken early. Russia, the USA and I turned China into a sort of Asian Guyana as a result of the Boxer Rebellion. I was surprised the rest of Italy didn't form without the Papal States.

I thought I'd post this game I played as the Dutch, not so much for the Dutch Empire, so much as the fact that Germany managed to form by itself with historical borders.
V2_MAP_NET_1934830_1_zpsae0016cb.jpg.html

NGF didn't form at all; Prussia and a few North German states were overrun by pan-nationalists. Germany formed and gradually annexed those states it didn't already have.
Look at their accepted cultures - how did that come about?
v2_18_zps9ccfe8ab.jpg.html

Eight out of ten games I play as Germany and I've NEVER seen that before.

Modern-day mod? Nice.

s4vrlk.jpg

5lus6t.jpg

Not finished yet, but I'm trying to achieve close to Achaemenid borders. I'm practically done, though if Egypt hadn't civilized, I might have gotten an event to annex them. :/

I also like the name for communist Ottoman Empire (I established communism in them). Ottoman Empire < Near East Popular Union.

Attachments

• s4vrlk.jpg
    s4vrlk.jpg
    364,9 KB · Views: 81
After uniting South America as Brazil, I decided to unite Africa as South Africa. Involved lots of gamey tactics (colonising in a pattern that blocks most of the inlands provinces from the others etc.) and it was overall very tricky (had to start by conquering high population areas just so I could support more brigades), but with 19 years of gameplay left, I finally took Liberia and finished the unification. Had to fight a separate war with the USA to make Liberia free to annex them, makes absolutely no sense.

lGASz9d.jpg

Other things worth noticing:
-NGF, SGF and Prussia existing at the same time
-Ottoman Pomerania
-Strong Italy
-Soviet China and Alaska
-Insane Peru and Argentina

Had to fight a separate war with the USA to make Liberia free to annex them, makes absolutely no sense.
Well, Liberia was a de facto Yankee colony back then. They would've definitely defended Liberia, if it was attacked by someone of your size.
-Ottoman Pomerania
Nothing unusual - Germany looses against the Ottomans (most likely also some other GPs), the Turks had some free Infamy, added a wargoal, and since the warleader hadn't free infamy himself, he let the Turks have Pommerania.
-Strong Italy
Italy with too much luck (that's basically two and a half state they got from France, plus no cores from Austria). In some games France is hitten by a continious series of revolts - first liberals, then reactionaries and so on (later there are fascists and commies added to the mix) - the AI is smart enough to jump on the french.
-Soviet China and Alaska
Probably they sphered a Chinese state who pulled them in some sort of civil war. As for Alaska, the decision to buy it has a pretty small time window, and sometimes the Yanks lack the 72k pounds to buy it in time.
The really interesting thing in China, is that they haven't westernized till ~1910. Usually the only way to do so is to eat the main country (CHI) completely - what Russia took belongs to Mongolia.
-Insane Peru and Argentina
As far as I see, Peru has really gone rampant. However Argentinia has just had a bit of luck - they've got two or three additional states, for which they fight most games (most times they loose at least some of this wars).
--
Which is far more interesting for me is both British India (weird shape - Lapse hasn't fired), and British Balboa (Panama Canal; usually the Yanks get it, mostly because they sphere Columbia before anybody else gets interested, and have a easy time to keep it there).

Well, Liberia was a de facto Yankee colony back then. They would've definitely defended Liberia, if it was attacked by someone of your size.

I think what he's getting at is that having to fight two separate wars - one to liberate and one to annex - makes no sense. An 'annex puppet' or 'acquire state from puppet' casus belli would be a logical solution, but no such thing exists in-game.

Impressive work as South Africa, by the way.