• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some guess
a. They mobilized
b. Not only do they mobilize, but because their score rose they can get more materials to build more troops

They mobilized but so did I. Since their population is close to mine, I don't understand how they ended up having more troops than me and UK combined. I also didn't attack them in their territory to minimize attrition damage. Simply put, we were comfortably outnumbered, when I or UK would destroy a stack, another would come up, there was no time to recuperate and I wasn't able to defend all parts of my territory, that's how much stacks they had.

They mobilized but so did I. Since their population is close to mine, I don't understand how they ended up having more troops than me and UK combined. I also didn't attack them in their territory to minimize attrition damage. Simply put, we were comfortably outnumbered, when I or UK would destroy a stack, another would come up, there was no time to recuperate and I wasn't able to defend all parts of my territory, that's how much stacks they had.

If you don't know you can try tag switching to them to see where they got their extra troops from...

Could it be that they have more accepted culture pops? That's just a wild guess, since I have no real idea of how mobilization actually works, but since you have conquered a huge snaky empire, it may be that you can mobilize fewer troops.

Also check military policies of the political parties.

Could it be that they have more accepted culture pops? That's just a wild guess, since I have no real idea of how mobilization actually works, but since you have conquered a huge snaky empire, it may be that you can mobilize fewer troops.

Also check military policies of the political parties.

Military policies affect mobilisation size I think, but if I remember right a certain political reform reduces the amount of mobilisation size....
Also, you should check the infrastructure... I think it's connected

This is one of my Germanies
Tnhdf2F.jpg

And another

I know this was forever ago, but its been bothering me for the longest time--why is the name of every single country on that map in german, except for AH (and Algeria, and Serbia.....)?

I know this was forever ago, but its been bothering me for the longest time--why is the name of every single country on that map in german, except for AH (and Algeria, and Serbia.....)?

Actually, everything is in English except for a couple of countries names. He most likely just changed them.

v21.png

My first game. All hail Glorious Ethiopia! Builder of Dreadnoughts, Conquerer of... Arabia and benefactor of the collapse of the Colonial French Empire.

Need advice to finish this. Egypt and Italy are allied, Italy has a port city of mine. Italy is GP, I'm ranked #9, Egypt #12. My military is twice the size of Egypt, but they saw action in the Great War. As a result they have Gas munitions while my troops have no protection against them.

Further, in my mad quest to be a GP, I built 20-30 Dreadnoughts and some 60-70 cruisers/ironclads. I have 200,000 troops on the border to take Darfur, Assab and the Suakin-Halaib region on the coast. Unfortunately, my 3.5M War Chest will only last a year with full taxes. Advice on how to destroy the Egyptian-Italian menace? I'm at 125 infamy and the U.K doesn't want anything to do with this xD

Also: I'm maxed in the important army/navy techs.

The Portugese tried and lost 50,000 men to the Mechanized Ethiopian Legions. China also attempted a landing.

I assume the Dreadnoughts are a deterrent at this stage. That and I'm allied with Britain, the world Superpower (though when Portugal declared the British backed off -.- )

My whole country has iron railroads. My military policy is strongly pro military.
It's also the amount of MIL in your poor strata - poor pops with high MIL provide less brigades then those with low MIL.
Also, it's a question of how big your pops are - depending on various effects each 6000 to 9000 citizens of one pop provide one brigade - even if the amount is only 1 citizen below the needed value, you won't get a brigade out of it. The next important part is slavery - since only half of the employees of a RGO or factory could possibly become mobilized brigades, having slaves boosts the amount of guys able to go to war extremely in some cases.

Yea, I changed the country names xD

How are my borders?

Italy1922_zps762bdc65.png

To do list:
1. Knock the UK out of first place by freeing Scotland and the north of Ireland.
2. Finish Ottoman deconstruction.
3. Make Russia release the rest of Ukraine.

I'll probably run out of time. I have a truce with Britain until 1926 and my infamy is rather high.