• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
<snip>By 1880 a period of 35 (!) years of constant world war followed, we had a total of 23 Great Wars, <snip>

That is an absurd number of Great Wars. The most I've ever managed is three, maybe four.

Still, fantastic Dutch empire.

Currently working on an Argentina -> la Plata playthrough on the APD mod. Will post up pics once I complete the game. But so far so good.

Here is my Byzantine Empire!
2j64qr7.jpg

AHD, no mods, mainly lucky. It was an hell!

Ugly borders? Check
Turkey in arab provinces? Check
End game? Check

Ugly borders? Check
Turkey in arab provinces? Check
End game? Check

If you look just to Europe they are not that ugly. Having also Ankara would have been much better.....but the Ottomans (Turkey) have their capital there. It's little bit complicated to redrow the map of middle east keeping the infamy "contained".

Y U NO organise your armies???
Generally I keep larger armies (~30k), but having smaller armies makes easier to hunt rebels.

I just finished a really weird The Netherlands game:
1936-1939 France gets spanked by almost everyone around, I allied myself with Britain, to have a chance against them (they try to take Dutch Guyana almost everytime), they brought in turn Spain and the Ottomans in, while Prussia, Austria and Russia decided it was time to liberate Prussian Alsace-Lorraine.
The British invaded some colonies, while the others completely defeated French armies on the continent and made separate peace treaties, which left me with the UK alone but also with a three military strength France, so I swiftly occupied almost all of continental France and made an Humilate&Algiers&CutDown separate peace, while the UK later decided to eat french madras.
The next one to get spanked was NGF, France recovered, changed alliances, and declared war right in the middle of an Austrian-NGF war, in which Russia was involved, that ended with Ostpreussen&Danzig to Russia, Schlesien and Niederbayern to Austria and Rheinland and Alsace-Lorraine to France. NGF never recovered and later lost a minor war against me, while I tried to free Prussia (really odd, you can free Prussia from NGF :wacko:).
A relatively quite time followed till 1880, with only a few colonial wars going on and the ACW (won by the Union).
By 1880 a period of 35 (!) years of constant world war followed, we had a total of 23 Great Wars, in which The Netherlands was on the winning side everytime, and in the 4th of them I decided to break the infamy limit, taking some stuff in the USA, while freeing California and New England. Since then the Yanks kept to have continuing problems with a mixture of Fascists, Communists and Anarcho-Liberals. Somewhere around 1895 a Confederate Rebellion was successful, and the CSA once again arose. As part of these wars, I dismantled both UK and France, and balkanized Europe.
After 1915, I was the only real great power on the world, so out of boredom, I did nothing to prevent a Communist uprising, so I've gotten commie by 1936.
commonwealth_of_the_netherlands-map.jpg

commonwealth_of_the_netherlands-end.jpg

How the hell did you do that?

Wow... what's your infamy?
~1900
Now that looks like an exciting game! Was the UK devoured by yourself and Spain, from the looks of it? Also, is that a partially united India I see?
Scotland is owned by Scotland. And yes, India ran out of time in its attempts to restore order to all of these little countries one by one.
What's that purple country in Poland and east of Belarus?
Poland.
How the hell did you do that?
First of all, I borrowed all money I could, while pulling each single pound out of my population with drastically reduced spendings.
Then I used all this money to spam useless factories all over the world (till 1855 I invested ~100 million pounds in foreign factories), resulting in two nice things: I got GP as early as 1840. Since the AI seems unable to delete player owned factories, they cannot build something useful on their own, since every single state is occupied by exactly eight dutch factories (most of them are closed, however even for closed factories you get points), totally crippling their own industrial revolution.
That's why the Yanks had problems with Fascists, Commies, anarcho-liberals and separatists, I built tons of useless factories, as they dropped to rank 10 for half an year, resulting in tons of craftsmen and clerks with no factory to work in --> militancy^3.
After Ironclads came available, I spammed ironclads like hell, and by 1865 Dutch Navy just laughed if they saw some British ships, and sending them down to the sea.
As a result of the first Dutch-English war, I imposed Cut Down to Size on them in 1870. From 1866 to 1870 all British possessions were occupied by Dutch troops. That's something I've never seen in my past gaming: the UK forced to declare bankruptcy every three or four years (being totally occupied made them a civilized nation for three or four weeks, while I filled all UK states with useless factories.

Might as well post these here. Recently, I completed three quick AARs, and these are the empires I built over the course of said AARs..

The Eastern Answer
Post-ScrambleforAfrica.png

Pretty similar to the other Ottoman Empire I posted way back when, though I did somewhat better in The Eastern Answer. My original Ottoman Empire was in fifth place with 5,078 points, while TEA's Ottoman Empire was in fourth place with 8,593 points.

The Sikh Men of Punjab
ZAWARUDO.png

Yes, I managed to chase the UK out of India, though only because they were distracted by a Great War against Russia, China, and Japan. Unfortunately, I wasn't a GP at the time, so doing so pretty much botched my chances of ever forming India. For whatever reason, I had a lot of trouble becoming a GP in this particular session, only achieving it less than a year before the end of the game.

...course, I did sort of botch my industrialization, so whatever.

Heirs of Cyrus
Worldin1936_zpse4bc9981.png

Fifth place at 3,441--would've been ~3,950 or so had Germany not cost me ~500 prestige by peacing out of a war. Half of my African holding were gained from helping Germany and Italy dismantle France.

Just finished a game with Dai Nam, fell a litte at the end as China steamed ahead. Don't think I did too badly and had some luck with the Dutch falling to revolution and disfavour with the GP's early on, I took their colonial provines initially as an unciv, with a bit of help from the UK, hence my infamy suffered as I couldn't get all my demands during the first attempt.

zPzbi.jpg

Almost 100m citizens in total, I invaded for total conquest the following countries: Atjeh and Yunnan. Japan and Russia had invaded parts of China earlier so it never managed to fom into a real beast.

AAIPz.jpg

The Dutch kept one overseas holding in the end, their singapore province, with fish.

P9tjb.jpg

Pardon my borders. ;)

Nothing much exciting really happened elsewhere as far as I noticed. Germany fell to pieces again, raped by France. Belgium became a pacific state.

yTyWp.jpg

Last edited:
v25.png

Glorious Suid-Afrikaanse Konfederasie is glorious.

Not to be rude or anything, but why puppet them?
I wanted to create a historically-accurate replica of initial British plans for a South African Confederation composed of South Africa, Oranje, Transvaal, and Natalia; which laid the groundwork for the Union of South Africa. Zulu was just a whim. Here it is pre-balkanisation:
v24b.png

Thanks kindly. And yes, it shall. Suid-Afrika from Cape to Cairo!