• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mexico and USA are my guesses. No other human players.

An honestly I don't think the borders are sooo bad. Do some cleanup in South-America and put all the nations into your sphere or puppet them, annex the rest of British Canada. Then give the French terretories in Spain back to Spain. Make the OE take it's cores from Egypt, take the Portugese colonies and give the Algerian coast line to Algeria back.

A couple months ago I posted up this map:

of an unfinished game as Columbia

Shortly afterwards I completed the game and meant to post up the finished map of the world, and then promptly forgot about it! So tonight I figured I'd throw some bits together and post them up.

First, a basic world map:

Fun notes: A lot of fascist revolutions in this game. Most of Europe is either directly Fascist or a constitutional monarchy with a fascist government in power. The exceptions being a communist Russia... which was amazingly awesome as it's the first time I've seen Russia actually collapse to a communist revolution in this game. Australia is a little slice of fascist power in the Pacific as well. Russia was extremely aggressive all game, chomping up bits of Germany. They had China on the ropes up until the Soviet takeover. After England collapsed, they went nuts trying to take French colonial territory, and were more or less successful, taking all of south africa from them by the end of the game. After Gran Colombia showed up, Russia and Mexico tag-teamed them into submission and carved a piece of territory out each. The Ottoman empire went through two civil wars, first barely surviving a huge communist revolution, then falling to a liberal revolution shortly after. Denmark has been in a state of civil war since 18 something, but has no navy. Greenland is occupied by Communists, Denmark proper overthrew the monarchy and is a democratic republic. Oh, and Japan won the Congo Conference, Modernized, and conquered Korea. Which is surprising because I never see Japan conquer anything.

Then things got interesting. The North German Federation decided to snatch some of the Russian occupied land back, and all their Fascist buddies hopped on board. Instant great war. The Fascist side started out as NGF, Britannia, Ireland, Sweden and Norway. Russia recruited France and Austria to her side. The Fascist were getting hammered initially, but at some point, and I'm not sure how, Spain, Italy, and Turkey joined the NGF alliance. The tables turned really shockingly fast, and Russia was barely holding on as France and Austria were ROFLStomped by the new alliance. France called me (Columbia) into the fun, and I figured I'd help out... even though there was only a year left in the game. So I grabbed my buddies, the Metis and Canada, and we sailed off to Europe to Join the World War. Unfortunately the game was over before I saw any action.

Anyway, here are some fun maps I made about that end game early World War II:

A cute little representation of the European states involved

A representation of the inital invasion by the huge Fascist alliance in 1935.

Those maps are just incredible, I especially liked the last two. Great job!

I think it's definitely a player france. First you've got that landgrab in spain, then he took dutch guaiana (if I'm not mistaken), but most of all, he cockblocked GB in South Africa. AI wouldn't do that.

France did that all on its own.

Mexico and USA are my guesses. No other human players.

An honestly I don't think the borders are sooo bad. Do some cleanup in South-America and put all the nations into your sphere or puppet them, annex the rest of British Canada. Then give the French terretories in Spain back to Spain. Make the OE take it's cores from Egypt, take the Portugese colonies and give the Algerian coast line to Algeria back.

Player US and Mexico is correct. US player has South America in sphere.

Peru es numero uno! Eliminated or cut down to capital region: Ecuador, Columbia, Venezula, and Bolivia. Scoring needs to be rebalanced as Peru should never be able to get to number 1.

v2_2.jpg

v2_1.jpg

Yeah the scoring is really broken. There is still 5 years left and if I continued to build dreadnoughts I'd probably have twice the UK's score. Without building a giant navy, I probably would have ended up 6th. There is no way to get enough industry to catch UK, Russia, France, Austria, and USA. There just isn't enough population in South America.

Yeah the scoring is really broken. There is still 5 years left and if I continued to build dreadnoughts I'd probably have twice the UK's score. Without building a giant navy, I probably would have ended up 6th. There is no way to get enough industry to catch UK, Russia, France, Austria, and USA. There just isn't enough population in South America.

As a great man once said to me when I reached the age. Swich yo punk ass to PDM. Dat empire is whack.

Fair enough. Does PDM actually solve the scoring issues and make things more balanced?

I'm pretty sure it deals with naval spam better, though I am consistantly still outscored by naval nations. (I just never bother with navy, maybe I should)

The scoring system is apparently hardcoded and a pain in the ass to get around. I hate being 8th GP, only to have someone mobilize and see their mil score go through the roof and pop me back to 9th.

PDM makes everything 100 times better once you get used to it

Wars will be expensive but turning steamers and oil import off on the trade screen saves a ton of money. I would only turn them on when I wanted to fight a naval battle. Also by the time you would mass dreadnoughts you should have a decent stockpile of cash.

Manually stop all streamer convoys from being bought in your trade screen.

I suppose that works. Don't you have to import fuel too though for Cruisers and Dreadnoughts and don't tanks also need fuel? I have no idea to be honest.

Do you somehow expect wars to not be expensive?

I expect wars to make me severely in debt for a year or two afterwards. I don't want an army that makes me bankrupt before my allies have answered my calls.

Wars will be expensive but turning steamers and oil import off on the trade screen saves a ton of money. I would only turn them on when I wanted to fight a naval battle. Also by the time you would mass dreadnoughts you should have a decent stockpile of cash.

For naval battles I assumed you'd just win by attrition with barely fuelled dreadnoughts. It was paying for the dreadnoughts at the same time as your army that I was worried about because I usually avoid the import/export screen so didn't think of tinkering there.