• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm back with the first game I've actually managed to play through to 1936. I could've done better, but... eh, this was mostly just a test game for a possible Ottoman AAR. Sort of a way to get acquainted with what to expect. My only real goal was to "match or exceed the greatest territorial extent of the OE."

v2_8.png
My apologies for the huge GAME OVER box.

For most of the game, I hovered at around the 6th or 7th GP spot. Never fell to 8th, though I did come close a few times. My primary rival was, amusingly, Austria. We were always trading GP positions, getting into wars with each other (...mostly thanks to my ally Germany's land grab attempts), and generally getting in eachother's ways. Russia, surprisingly, left me alone, save for a few SoI "wars", mostly for control over Persia.

v2_4.png

Yep, Great Britain went fascist. I think that happened due to war exhaustion caused by... the third great war, I believe? Germany & GB vs Austria, France, Russia, and Sweden (a GP at the time), or rather, GB vs those four, since Germany, the one that started the war in the first place, got dogpiled into oblivion. I chose to stay neutral, though I did favour the twin terrors (at the time, #1 and #3 in the world) by granting them military access. GB was on the cusp of actually winning (or forcing a white peace, at least) before those pesky fascists showed up.

Anyway, I'm fairly satisfied with my #5 spot. Certainly could've done better--I was perhaps a bit too timid, militarily-speaking, towards other GPs--but things could've gone worse, I suppose.

V2_MAP_TUR_193611_4.png

As you can see, I went a bit colonization-crazy, as did France. I certainly met my "match OE's greatest extent" goal, though at the cost of not-particularly-clean southern borders. Oh well.

Last edited:
Single-player, actually, many wars of Russian freedom were fought, even with Russia being my ally, Germany was NGF until last few years when it attacked Austria for land it stole.
Edit: WW2 was fought as UK, NGF and Austria vs France and Italy in 1892, guess who lost?

A couple months ago I posted up this map:

of an unfinished game as Columbia

Shortly afterwards I completed the game and meant to post up the finished map of the world, and then promptly forgot about it! So tonight I figured I'd throw some bits together and post them up.

First, a basic world map:

Fun notes: A lot of fascist revolutions in this game. Most of Europe is either directly Fascist or a constitutional monarchy with a fascist government in power. The exceptions being a communist Russia... which was amazingly awesome as it's the first time I've seen Russia actually collapse to a communist revolution in this game. Australia is a little slice of fascist power in the Pacific as well. Russia was extremely aggressive all game, chomping up bits of Germany. They had China on the ropes up until the Soviet takeover. After England collapsed, they went nuts trying to take French colonial territory, and were more or less successful, taking all of south africa from them by the end of the game. After Gran Colombia showed up, Russia and Mexico tag-teamed them into submission and carved a piece of territory out each. The Ottoman empire went through two civil wars, first barely surviving a huge communist revolution, then falling to a liberal revolution shortly after. Denmark has been in a state of civil war since 18 something, but has no navy. Greenland is occupied by Communists, Denmark proper overthrew the monarchy and is a democratic republic. Oh, and Japan won the Congo Conference, Modernized, and conquered Korea. Which is surprising because I never see Japan conquer anything.

Then things got interesting. The North German Federation decided to snatch some of the Russian occupied land back, and all their Fascist buddies hopped on board. Instant great war. The Fascist side started out as NGF, Britannia, Ireland, Sweden and Norway. Russia recruited France and Austria to her side. The Fascist were getting hammered initially, but at some point, and I'm not sure how, Spain, Italy, and Turkey joined the NGF alliance. The tables turned really shockingly fast, and Russia was barely holding on as France and Austria were ROFLStomped by the new alliance. France called me (Columbia) into the fun, and I figured I'd help out... even though there was only a year left in the game. So I grabbed my buddies, the Metis and Canada, and we sailed off to Europe to Join the World War. Unfortunately the game was over before I saw any action.

Anyway, here are some fun maps I made about that end game early World War II:

A cute little representation of the European states involved

A representation of the inital invasion by the huge Fascist alliance in 1935.

Attachments

• columbiaworld1936.jpg
    columbiaworld1936.jpg
    3,8 KB · Views: 187
I'd imagine he created the image, fiddled with the colours and then added a canvas filter?

Out of interest, what font is that?

I can't say i've seen any better maps in my life MondoPotato. Are there any tutorials online to make your maps look like that?

You can find some Photoshop/Gimp tutorials online that can give you plenty of ideas, but I don't have any that I know off the top of my head; I just fiddle with this stuff and figure it out on my own. If you ever want any tips just ask and I'd be happy to offer what little advice I can.

I'd imagine he created the image, fiddled with the colours and then added a canvas filter?

For the world map that's pretty much it. I took the map screenshot, added a light border, covered it in a sepia/blur combo layer with a light canvas affect and suddenly got bored and worked on the other two. I think that first map is one of the more plain maps I've ever really posted here. I usually prefer to add more unnecessary details, like in this map, or this map.

The first map (which I posted in July) was trickier because it required reprojecting. The other two maps were more fun because I added details. Using flags to fill in the countries was fun.

Out of interest, what font is that?

Which one? The font in the first map (with text) is one I found called NPS 1935. If you poke around on the internet, I'm sure you can find it. On the second map I used a font called Corbel

Those are some awesome maps, man.

Thanks!

Lovely pieces of work. :)

Thanks for the font info as well, I've been looking for a good one in that style.