• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heres My Fascist Confederacy, playing APD which makes it a lot easier to play the CSA.
vicky_2_screenshot_1_by_orpheusrkt-d5beyj6.jpg

Fascists in 1892? ._.

Nope; fascists only activate after 1905.

Fascists appear sometime after 1895 in PDM. I assume he must have cheated to get that to happen earlier.

Spanish-Italian mp game

This is from a finished AHD multiplayer game (no mods) as Spain and Two Sicilies/Italy. The only of our possessions that can’t be seen by the naked eye on the map are Italian Bombay and Spanish Macao.

When we finished the game, Spain was no. 1 and Italy no. 2. Given the massive colonisation, Spain had the lead in prestige, with Italy a close second. In military score, the tables were turned. The greatest industrial nations were the US and Germany, followed by Spain and Italy. We had about 150 dreadnaughts and a combined standing army of about 500 brigades, with a mobilisation pool of at least as many.

Our overarching goal was to rule the Mediterranean and divide Africa between us, which we – save a piece of Egypt – managed to do. We rushed colonising techs and diverted all NFs to creating African colonies from about 1871. Spain was the big sphere-maker and industrial investor/imperialist, sphering big chunks of Latin America and investing like mad all over the world. Italy went L-F rather early on and finished the game with the third most capitalists in the world.

The game had a few massive military campaigns, including two Great Wars. In one of the Great Wars an alliance of Spain, Italy, Germany and Russia took on Great Britain, France and Austria. It was of course a bloody mess.

We tanked France during the 1880-1890s by occupying the entire country and taking their Mediterranean and African possessions. After this they were relegated to grovel among the Secondary Powers, a position they never recovered from. Austria got a similar treatment in a few wars where Italy smacked them around like a red-headed stepchild, got their Mediterranean states, created Bohemia, gave land to Wallachia and Moldavia and generally wreaked havoc. At around 1900 Austrian rebels were fed up with their Austrian rulers’ incompetence, rose up and formed Austria-Hungary from about half of Austria. Confusing? Yes. Especially since the smatterings of Austria and Austria-Hungary looked like someone had fired two buck shots right in the centre of a European map. In order to stop their eastern neighbour from ever reforming, Italy then proceeded to keep its Austrian neighbours divided, unhappy and powerless for the remainder of the game.

We stopped caring about infamy at about 1900. The only nations powerful enough to actually inflict some pain on the Spanish and Italian juggernauts were then Germany and GB, with whom we had a few containment slugfests. In the last of these wars we decided to end the British menace once and for all. We occupied the British Isles, annihilated their Home armies of about 1 million men and freed Ireland. As a result GB fell from second to fifth place among the Great Powers. Mostly because the occupation of their Home Isles wrecked their industrial score.

Overall it was a great game! The only things we didn’t manage to do was to eradicate Egypt, take the Ionian Isles from Britain (the last non-Spanish/Italian islands in the Med) and conquer at bit more of South East Asia for Spain.

Sorry about the novel, but I like to read these accounts of other people's games. Hope you do too.

Last edited:
Why couldn't you finish off Egypt?

The idiot playing Italy (that would be me) made the mistake to sphere Egypt in order to build the Suez Canal. When I at last decided to stop caring about infamy and Spain helped by removing Egypt from my sphere, there was not enough time left to conquer it all. Also, I think their regions took a lot more war score to conquer as soon as they westernised. It seemed as if regions that a few decades before had costed 10% costed 40% at the end of the game, which effectively stopped me from finishing them off in time.

Well at least in my opinion, If he released Brittany and that part above Hungary to Ukraine or Slovakia, and then Annex Switzerland, He would actually have a really nice german nation unified as a whole.

Fascists in 1892? ._.

Why didn't you finish Mexico off? :)

You have most of the Yucatan, and all of north/central Mexico, why not connect the dots?

EDIT: To the guy that made this empire. I quoted the wrong person.

My Germany game:

1a8u1px2cfwb.jpg

I had to conquer France like this to prevent them from colonizing anything. Except for what you can see on this map they only own Madagascar and Guyana. I'll release Occitania once the colonization time is over, so they don't become too strong. I'll take more of Russia once the truce has run out, same with the Ottoman Empire. I'm also trying to make the AI form Italy, Yugoslavia and Romania.

k1loh3ykchx.jpg

I've reduced the Netherlands to their european possessions and that one region and will wait for the South-east-Asian countries to civilize before I annex them.

w2fib3xpcsd.jpg

It's beatiful. I'm going to sphere the CSA and help them out.

I love how Mexico goes all the way up to the Salmon River.

You can really see the contour of Oklahoma there! :D

Very nice Germany. It's interesting how coal is your most produced item. I would have thought it to be a generally rarer resource.

Player is Portugal, #3 by game end.

293vo6d.png

Bizarre game: The French war for South West England turned into a slugfest of a great war in the 1880s, at the end of which the total industrial score of the GPs was under 4000. France, USA and Portugal emerged as the top three powers, with nobody able to challenge them until the very end. They all had higher individual scores than all other great powers combined in 1890. Austria had a total score of 0 at one point. Great Britain fell out of GP right after the war, falling to communists, reactionaries (Presidential republic), jacobins, reactionaries again (Absolute monarchy) and finally to communists. Scotland and Ireland broke free, fighting two wars between them ending in Scotland taking Ulster. Quebec also broke free, but were given back to the UK by the US (save for one province). South Africa broke free and conquered Oranje and Zulu. New Zealand broke free right by the end, and Australia would have too, given another year or two (How often do you see communist New Zealand? :D)

The radical shift in power after the great war lead to tons of lesser wars, revolutions and seperations, especially around Austria-Hungary, but the old order was mostly restored by the endgame.

Other curiosities: Venezuela was reduced to their capital province after a successfull Gran Colombian revolt. Being one of the few democracies left in South America at that point, Caracas province reached a population of 1,8 million after massive immigration. Bolivia was at one point a monarchy, before falling to communists and fascist, in that order. EDIT: Almost forgot! One-province Catalonia in Rousillon

Great powers by the end are #1 USA #2 France #3 Portugal #4 Russia #5 NGF #6 Workers Commonwealth (UK) #7 Japan #8 Guangxi

Sound like Kaisserreich junior :p

I had to conquer France like this to prevent them from colonizing anything.
Why? Apparently you aren't even really colonizing yourself. All you did was produce a hideous map for your country. If you wanted to go for the coast then why didn't you annex the Netherlands?
This makes no sense and looks like a typical "German strong beat AI controlled France" Derpfest. Try that in Multiplayer my friend and you'll see how strong France and Germany really are.

Also, you only had the heart to attack the second strongest country in the game, and not even Great Britain?
If you want an opponent than thats your address.

Very nice Germany. It's interesting how coal is your most produced item. I would have thought it to be a generally rarer resource.
I'm producing about 70% of all the coal in the world.

Why? Apparently you aren't even really colonizing yourself.
Look at the date. I currently can't colonize anything except for some tiny islands.

All you did was produce a hideous map for your country.
Again, look at the date. Do you think it's possible to form Greater Germany, annex France, Belgium, the Netherlands and western Russia within the first 26 years of the game?

If you wanted to go for the coast then why didn't you annex the Netherlands?
Look at my south-east Asian colonies. I went for their colonies first as occupying their homelands gave me ~80% warscore, and taking those two European regions from them would've lowered that to maybe 40%.

This makes no sense and looks like a typical "German strong beat AI controlled France" Derpfest. Try that in Multiplayer my friend and you'll see how strong France and Germany really are.
Wow, are you French? You sound incredibly butthurt. Yes I went for France and yes it’s not much of an accomplishment, but forming Greater Germany in 1839 is, as far as I know.

Edit: Heres a screenshot from when I started colonizing

ltrhoclkgbmf.jpg

Meanwhile I was able to beat Russia another time and took the Champagne from France. The warscore fror that region was !168! without having it occupied. I could only ask for this one province, and I think I'll have to do the same for all the other regions of them.

Last edited: